Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:35:49 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702805 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15960 on: November 27, 2015, 05:24:37 AM »

Got one of Kristi's friends coming over to visit. I don't think she has 5 minutes of her visit unscheduled. She is landing in Edinburgh, planning on driving up to where we are, then tomorrow want's to go to Inverness, but to be back in Elgin in time for the festive lights being switched on. Sunday the plan is to drive to Isle of Skye and back. I wonder if she realises roads in the UK are not quite the same as the ones in Utah. After that I kind of lost track of her plans, although I do know she plans on going back to Edinburgh for a tattoo at some point, and then she is off to visit Ireland for a few days before heading home.

Really hoping she gets to do everything she plans and that weather and jet lag don't decide to get in the way.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15961 on: November 27, 2015, 01:29:08 PM »

Fact: if you're really thirsty and you drink ocean water, eventually you won't be thirsty anymore.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15962 on: November 27, 2015, 10:39:00 PM »

finally went to the new big deal skatepark here in Boston. It was ridiculously crowded but pretty amazing. The craziest part was the large bowl though. I'd skated pools when I was a teenager but never anything like that. it's 11 and a half feet deep. It looks like the Hoover Dam or something. I didn't even think of dropping in
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15963 on: November 29, 2015, 11:16:38 PM »

Forgot which thread I'm supposed to mention this in, but...

Something this weekend made me remember Blood Stalkers (1976)

Don't remember much about it, except that it had yuppies instead of teenagers, and the ending was something like Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Scooby Doo... Buggedout

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15964 on: November 30, 2015, 05:29:58 AM »

With ice, snow and high winds yesterday I persuaded our visitor (Jess), that driving to the opposite side of Scotland over the highlands wouldn't be a great idea. She does want to visit all 45 whiskey distillaries in the local area (which is odd, because she doesn't drink) so we made a start on that instead and got the first ten off the list. Today she is off to St Andrews then Rosslyn Chapel (the one in that silly Dan Brown movie) cos one of her ancestors designed or built it before scooting over to see Paisley. Of all the parts of Scotland, if there was one place I'd suggest not visiting it, it would be Paisley. Best of luck to her anyway with fitting it all in.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #15965 on: November 30, 2015, 10:45:08 PM »

You've killed her so completely that we thank you very sweetly!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15966 on: December 01, 2015, 12:37:51 PM »

You've killed her so completely that we thank you very sweetly!

And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15967 on: December 02, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »

[ur=http://thinkbynumbers.org/government-spending/anti-terrorism-spending-disproportionate-to-threat/l]Anti-Terrorism Spending 50,000 Times More Than on Any Other Cause of Death[/url]

Americans are 3 times as likely to be struck by lightning in a year than they are to die in a terrorist attack.

The US spends more than $500 million per victim on anti-terrorism efforts. Cancer research spending is only $10,000 per victim.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #15968 on: December 03, 2015, 09:49:32 AM »

One way my friend/drummer imitates his sister's pet pig. Read this with an obnoxious Italian accent:

"Yo, buddy! Where's my twelfth helping of dinner?! I haven't eaten in two minutes! I'm dying here!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #15969 on: December 03, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »

From a news report this morning:

There have been 355 mass shootings in the US this year to date.  (A 'mass shooting' involves four or more victims).

That's not numbers killed or wounded. That is number of such events.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15970 on: December 06, 2015, 11:47:58 AM »

A Fortnight's Random Thoughts As I Wait Outside Church….

Squirrels are God’s gift to stoners.

I once read a novel in which a slave described hearing George and Martha Washington having sex. I still may not be over that.

Fallout 4 is just the same old, same old with a brighter color palette.

Banana splits are the most overrated thing you can get at the Dairy Queen.

“Loss of virginity is rational increase, and there was never virgin got till virginity was first lost.” ----Shakespeare

I have a friend who tried to get high by huffing his mom’s Lemon Pledge. I asked if it worked, and he said no, but on the school bus that morning he got complimented on how good his breath smelled.

Once there was this girl with a cursed tennis racket that tried to kill her. True story, I think….

I only recently found out Tanith Lee died back in the spring, and I’m upset about losing her. The Books of Paradys are sheer awesomeness.

There’s something neo-vulgar about the word “slunt” but it’s less offensive as a gerund.

I once jokingly told someone I’d like to go from paying her every two weeks, to paying her every other week, and felt guilty when she got excited and said, “Good, it was too hard waiting two weeks between paychecks.”

Every time I see somebody take something off a salad bar with their fingers, I think it’d be funny to hide mousetraps among the grape tomatoes.

Every time I host a party, I think about filling the medicine cabinet with marbles.

Every time I dust the house, I am flabbergasted that I am effect removing my family’s shed skin cells.

Every time I speak absolutely, I feel inaccurate.

Every time I see you falling I get down on my knees and pray.

I’m half-assedly trying to convince my mother in law I have a serious substance abuse problem, so she loses credibility when she gossips about it.

I used to know this Russian named Andrei who had a thing for making friends with a man and then doing his best to bed the man’s girlfriend or even wife. He abruptly just vanished one day as far as I can tell, and I wonder if there’s like a connection there?

The Nevada Triangle is dangerously real.

I loved the man, but lately I can’t help but wonder if Steve Irwin smelled bad out there constantly rolling in swamps Dutch-hugging alligators, and always investigating the cloacae of monitor lizards and all.

I change key chains semi-weekly.

Glow in the dark nail polish is not as fun as it sounds.

Neither, I’m told, is nose sex.

Ah, they are coming! I can go, Whoppeeee! Happy Sunday to all of good will! (And also to all working at Good Will.)

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15971 on: December 10, 2015, 06:16:51 AM »

Toys For Tots is a wonderful program! If you know anybody who'd like to help out underprivileged children this Christmas, there's still time.

http://toysfortots.org/donate/Default.aspx

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15972 on: December 11, 2015, 06:57:43 AM »

Conversation from work today.

Cliffy    “Just so you all know in advance, its my birthday on Monday. I am letting you know so you can all get me a present.”
Me       “Cliffy, you are coming in early next week to cover the morning briefs. That’s your birthday present.”
Cliffy    “That’s a crap birthday present.”
Me       “You didn’t say you wanted a good one. Enjoy getting up even earlier next week, while I sleep in late.”

Some times its good to be the boss.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15973 on: December 11, 2015, 07:46:41 AM »

Every day my loathing of Donald Trump grows greater!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15974 on: December 11, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »

Ever hear something that's otherwise not very funny that cracks you completely up? I was watching Pretty Little Liars the other night and in a flashback Ali was reading weird news and saw a story about a man in Germany who placed a personals ad for a woman who would let him kill her and eat her body. The man got dozens of replies from volunteers, and Ali goes, "Why do women always think they can change a man?" For some reason that made me laugh so hard I had to pause the show.

Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.