Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:37:43 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702758 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16275 on: April 27, 2016, 07:16:56 PM »

A conundrum:

Its getting pretty obvious that I'm going to need a new computer soon.  The current one is not as powerful as I'd like it to be and its starting to crash more.

However...

I also enjoy doing digital art work.   A few years ago I got some of Adobes Creative Suit programs (photoshop, illustator, flash, etc).  Since then Adobe switched to its creative cloud format.  Even if I get the last release, I've heard they won't activate and work anymore. 

I wouldn't mind jumping to Corel, or Toon Boom, or Quark-if only they had a bigger share in the professional design field.  I feel that if I did get them I'd be just be able to free lance instead of getting a professional job.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16276 on: April 28, 2016, 10:40:43 PM »

Richmond is a hilly town, lots of high banks & deep gullys...
Lot more of the same as you drive out Rt 60...
Lynchburg is pretty crazy, with streets & roads on hills & valleys so steep, I don't see how they paved them...

Anyhoo, the trip there & back got me wondering what sort of effect terrain would have on a nuclear war...
If ya lived someplace hilly, there'd hafta be one or two safe places to be...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16277 on: April 29, 2016, 07:11:08 AM »

Richmond is a hilly town, lots of high banks & deep gullys...
Lot more of the same as you drive out Rt 60...
Lynchburg is pretty crazy, with streets & roads on hills & valleys so steep, I don't see how they paved them...

Anyhoo, the trip there & back got me wondering what sort of effect terrain would have on a nuclear war...
If ya lived someplace hilly, there'd hafta be one or two safe places to be...

In a limited exchange geography might play some role and increase survivors, but in an all-out nuke war, forget it. During the Cold War the popular notion was, you know, a nuke would hit New York City. What we know now was the idea was saturation, and the Soviets had over a thousand warheads primed to hit New York alone. Nothing would have made it. After the first couple thousand obvious targets you start running out of prime spots, so it became crazy, and we know the USSR had zeroed-in on absurd locations like large gas stations, flea markets, high schools which could have been used as shelters. They even were set to pick off famous people's houses. When you have 30,000 warheads, you gotta do something with them. So to answer your question, it would depend. If North Korea sent a nuke, or when the day comes, which it will, that an Islamist sets off a nuclear bomb here, hills and proximity may matter, but in a large-scale war, forget it, none of us are making it out alive. Being surrounded by hills that lie between you and a large town could, I guess, make the difference in roasting to death over the course of a few seconds versus being vaporized, though. My suspicion is, if you looked into it, Richmond probably has its own cluster of Chinese and Russian nukes (possibly even French warheads*) aimed at it, and probably little Lynchburg does too. (Hey, why leave Fallwell's grave alone, you know?) "If you got it spend it" applies to nuclear weapons as well as everything else.

"...I tell you now to enjoy life..."

*Did you know France has about a thousand warheads aimed at the US? French policy is its missiles go five ways.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16278 on: April 29, 2016, 07:15:08 AM »

A conundrum:

Its getting pretty obvious that I'm going to need a new computer soon.  The current one is not as powerful as I'd like it to be and its starting to crash more.

I bought a refurbished one off www.bidorbuy.co.za (our Ebay) last year for ZAR 800 (about $70) and while it works OK, it makes noises if you use it for more than an hour and the fans go crazy while its' battery life is around 10 minutes, if you're lucky.

Guess I should use some of my September birthday bonus and buy a new one?  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16279 on: April 29, 2016, 07:18:18 AM »

A conundrum:

I bought a refurbished one off www.bidorbuy.co.za (our Ebay) last year for ZAR 800 (about $70) and while it works OK, it makes noises if you use it for more than an hour and the fans go crazy while its' battery life is around 10 minutes, if you're lucky.

Guess I should use some of my September birthday bonus and buy a new one?  Wink

They give birthday bonuses in South Africa??? I wish that custom would spread.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16280 on: May 01, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »

My friend is running in the Flying Pig Marathon today, his first-ever try at a marathon, and I can't wait to hear how he does.

Flangepart

« Reply #16281 on: May 02, 2016, 03:39:01 PM »

My friend is running in the Flying Pig Marathon today, his first-ever try at a marathon, and I can't wait to hear how he does.
Smile And what movies could fit in that title? Inquiring minds wanna know!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16282 on: May 03, 2016, 10:50:49 AM »

I'm Facebook friends with my old pot dealer. He's a grandpa now and quite respectable.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16283 on: May 04, 2016, 08:03:27 AM »

I'm Facebook friends with my old pot dealer. He's a grandpa now and quite respectable.

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16284 on: May 04, 2016, 08:04:01 AM »

Happy Star Wars Day!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16285 on: May 04, 2016, 02:12:53 PM »

"May the fourth be with you"---I just got it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16286 on: May 05, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »

This year's baby eagles are getting big:

http://www.alcoa.com/locations/usa_davenport/en/info_page/eaglecam.asp

Flangepart

« Reply #16287 on: May 06, 2016, 12:42:01 PM »

Ya know, it hadda happen...
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Eagle+brings+cat+to+nest&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16288 on: May 06, 2016, 12:50:02 PM »

Uh, "What" haddda happen?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16289 on: May 07, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »

a friend said the last place in the world he'd want to go is Siberia so I'm jokingly putting a trip together for us.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298529-d1783107-r325670382-Tsentralnaya_Hotel-Novosibirsk_Novosibirsky_District_Novosibirsk_Oblast_Siberian.html#review_325670382

19 dollars a night for "soviet style" room. after a while its free you just cant leave
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.