Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:38 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701572 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16965 on: March 25, 2017, 10:42:43 AM »

My Mom told me she had a dream with a horror movie poster in it. It was a picture of a giant tarantula with the tagline "Men die with sweaters".
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16966 on: March 25, 2017, 11:15:22 AM »

Got to say Lester, I agree with the spider killing guys in sweaters; hoodies is where it's at.

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16967 on: March 25, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »

that must be what it meant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16968 on: March 25, 2017, 09:06:51 PM »

My random thought is there was no more beautiful song, or cooler video in the mid-1990s, than The Smashing Pumpkins' tonight, tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOG3eus4ZSo&list=RDNOG3eus4ZSo

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16969 on: March 25, 2017, 09:44:25 PM »

My random thought is there was no more beautiful song, or cooler video in the mid-1990s, than The Smashing Pumpkins' tonight, tonight:

I didn't like this song when it came out, but there used to be this YouTube video of somebody putting it up to some of Leni Riefenstahl's propagandist footage of Adolf Hitler giving a very pretty speech to some factory workers...
For better or for worse, it's been blocked by AMG over copyright reasons, but I think there's still a few bootlegs of THE DARK SIDE OF OZ floating around out there...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #16970 on: March 26, 2017, 03:06:22 PM »

Can bunk beds be "debunked"?

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16971 on: March 26, 2017, 04:12:36 PM »

Can bunk beds be "debunked"?
Yes, it's when you dismantle it.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16972 on: March 26, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »

I didn't like this song when it came out, but there used to be this YouTube video of somebody putting it up to some of Leni Riefenstahl's propagandist footage of Adolf Hitler giving a very pretty speech to some factory workers...
For better or for worse, it's been blocked by AMG over copyright reasons, but I think there's still a few bootlegs of THE DARK SIDE OF OZ floating around out there...

I remember that well. The song was surprisingly effective paired with that Nazi rally, the strings crescendo at the start matched a spotlight suddenly illuminating the eagle symbol, and Hitler's rabid gesticulation synced up to Billy's talk of crucifying the insincere...tonight, to-niiiight. Yeah, that was a cool video.

LilCerberus

« Reply #16973 on: March 27, 2017, 03:06:21 PM »

The Barnum & Bailey train just hit a tractor-trailer in Nottoway County!

Flangepart

« Reply #16974 on: March 27, 2017, 04:07:01 PM »

If you went overboard advertising a lumber company's web site, could you be said to Flog a log blog?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16975 on: March 27, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »

I've just had my first major delivery problem with Amazon.  Its telling me my package has been delivered., but I never received it.  I've contacted the seller, but got back an email telling me they can't get emails.  

So I either had it stolen from me or I've encountered a shady dealer.  

I know this happens to other people.  Its just the first real time I've had to deal with it. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
LilCerberus

« Reply #16976 on: March 27, 2017, 09:48:56 PM »

I've just had my first major delivery problem with Amazon.  Its telling me my package has been delivered., but I never received it.  I've contacted the seller, but got back an email telling me they can't get emails. 

So I either had it stolen from me or I've encountered a shady dealer. 

I know this happens to other people.  Its just the first real time I've had to deal with it. 

Hate that.
Happened to me once, when the postman dropped off a two stroke jug & cylinder kit on my front porch while I was at work on a valentines day, popular day for crooks.
For a while after that, I'd always include delivery instructions, "Do not leave on porch. Must sign for" on all my ebay orders.
Really the only time that happened to me, just that when I went to the post office to complain, some guy who couldn't walk a straight line bumped into me & then I couldn't find my glasses, leaving me to assume he had boosted them, only to find when I got to work, that I had put them in the wrong pocket..... Really bad karma frustrating kinda day....

Anyhoo, I usually prefer the USPS tracking service, & include delivery instructions with my tracking requests when necessary, mostly when I'm ordering live plants, because a lazy sub once tried to hold on to one for a few days too long....

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16977 on: March 29, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »

I got to stop looking at the deserted pictures of Jazzland, it makes me want to go there and look around even though that is trespassing.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16978 on: March 30, 2017, 11:09:33 AM »

Today was an interesting day. Competing in the station commanders cup for our section, and the first event was today. Dodgeball. We had 7 people sign up for it, but only 5 turned up which since we needed 6 for a team meant we were a man short. The first team we were up against included one of my former bosses, who was actually quite a decent boss. We noticed he was walking with a limp though so we discussed going easy on him. That lasted for about 4 seconds when me and Gus both decided to team up and and show Darwanism in action. Managed not to come in last although for some reason my most of my shots were off target. Later when I was in the changing room, I noticed I'd put on a pair of socks with Storm Troopers on them which perfectly explained the poor aim.

Anyway, I got to the showers (which are all in one big open room) before everyone else. Stripped off in the changing room and headed through next door into the gents shower rooms. Was slightly surprised to see someone else in the shower. Not so much that there was someone else in the shower, it was more that there was a woman standing in the gents shower with her back facing me. After a second or two of thinking how to alert her to the situation while aware than in a few minutes around 50 more guys would be pouring into the shower room I turned around, coughed and said in my deepest voice "One of us is in the wrong shower room and I am pretty sure it isn't me".
She let out a shriek and ran out of the shower room, so I went in, had my shower and came out. At that point I noticed that there were two towels hanging on the rack. Mine, and a pink one with a floral design. No one So if anyone happens to see a naked young woman running around, please let her know the Phys Ed flight has her towel.

Douglas Adams really wasn't kidding when he said those things are the most useful items in the universe.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16979 on: March 30, 2017, 02:35:52 PM »

Over the years I've been online I've known people who lived in the heart of tornado alley, and as we've compared our weather day-to-day, month in and month out, it's become noticeable that where I live in the fringe of the Midwest seems to get much worse weather than even they do in Nebraska and northern Texas, and even eastern Oklahoma, where one man I knew had lived seventy-eight years and had never been within twenty miles of a twister.

And now I was just told we've going to have another of our "utterly charming" evenings of probably having to head to the basement as the familiar refrain spills from the talking heads of the media, "torrential rain, flash floods, damaging winds, deadly lightning, large hail to two inches, isolated tornadoes probable."

All this begins at six and continues through the overnight hours, which means little sleep.

Okay, so most of the year it's quite lovely here among our rolling hills and river valleys. We have four distinct seasons, with mild springs full of vernal wildflowers, autumns with colorful foliage, winters with just enough snowfall to be fun, summers that are humid and hot and sheer Purgatory, true, but even they have a certain sizzling charm. But when I hear about life-threatening weather heading our way, as it has several times already in 2017, and will at least another dozen times before we're in the chilly seasons, I wonder why we live where we do.

I could move to Ireland where there's literally one weather forecast eternally: rain, then sun, then rain, then sun, then..." And not once does a DJ over there break into a song to tell you in a Galwegian lilt that some of the people hearing his voice are probably going to be homeless or dead by morning, due to the weather. It simply does not happen!

No, like lambs to the slaughter we live smack dab in the one region on planet Earth where the sky routinely tries to murder you, and there's very little you can do about it.

Blah.

Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.