Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:53:43 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2716131 times)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17025 on: April 14, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »

My Dad knows the guy who was dragged off the United Flight. Says he's a massive jerk, one of the worst human beings he's ever met. When my brother told him, "He still didn't deserve to be treated like that," Dad responded "Yes he did! He deserved to be treated worse!"

Yes!  I am so glad you validated my suspicions!   When I first heard about this, I thought it was sad, but I still thought this story reeked of someone taking advantage of the situation.  When I saw the pictures, they were a little shocking, but also seemed in line with someone that was being incredibly over-dramatic.  When they started reporting about this guys checkered past, I was even more convinced that he probably baited the authorities into roughing him up so he can benefit from the situation as much as possible.  Now your dad has sealed the deal for me :) .

Also, sorry to hear about your mom, but glad to know she's not suffering.  Lots of love to you and your family!

AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17026 on: April 15, 2017, 12:03:49 AM »

Wasn't that guy who got dragged off in his 60s?

I mean, I don't know. He probably was a jerk - a lot of people are jerks. But, you know, you pay for a service and some millionaire sicks his dogs on you instead and that's protocol.

Personally, I don't think whoever's deciding on protocol is an ounce better than the man who was on the receiving end. The difference is that one of them, at some point, had to decide that this was the way they were going to treat passengers.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17027 on: April 15, 2017, 06:11:14 AM »

The whole incident has spawned some hilarious memes, I'll give it that.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17028 on: April 15, 2017, 06:28:55 AM »

I think the lesson for this story is-"Don't be an a***ole and you won't get f**ked up."

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17029 on: April 15, 2017, 09:51:50 AM »

I think this was a case of a supremely jerky man headbutting an extremely jerky company, but as jittery as airlines are these days he should've used better judgment. This time next week no one is going to remember this momentarily hot topic.

Unless they're paying to fly in luxury, airlines treat customers like cattle, and as someone who has flown often, I have my share of resentment against that industry, but I will say when you purchase a ticket, if you read the fine print, it does clearly state you can be removed from the flight at the discretion of the company for almost any reason. (If you want to get treated great on a flight, be an Arab. Seriously. The terror of being accused of profiling outweighs almost all considerations.)

Airlines are all about regulations and rules anyway. I once had to get two doctors to sign waivers and then read, initial and sign a stack of hold harmless type agreements so I could fly home from France when I was uber-pregnant, and the flight attendants acted like I was a war criminal the entire way.

Personally I think it would've been kinda cool for my son to have been born in France, but my husband was adamant that even if he had to highjack a plane, his kid was going to be born on American soil.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #17030 on: April 16, 2017, 01:17:59 AM »

The whole incident has spawned some hilarious memes, I'll give it that.

Did a search on that... oh, wow, you're right!

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17031 on: April 16, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »

This is probably the best one

yeah no.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17032 on: April 17, 2017, 07:44:33 PM »

I absolutely HATE it when people kill non-venomous snakes because "the only good snake is a dead snake!"
If I said that about cats or dogs those same people would want to lynch me.  But just because my little legless buddies aren't mammals, people think they deserve genocide!  LEAVE SNAKES ALONE!
#reptilelivesmatter

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17033 on: April 17, 2017, 08:22:18 PM »

I absolutely HATE it when people kill non-venomous snakes because "the only good snake is a dead snake!"
If I said that about cats or dogs those same people would want to lynch me.  But just because my little legless buddies aren't mammals, people think they deserve genocide!  LEAVE SNAKES ALONE!
#reptilelivesmatter

If a non-venomous snake bites you or someone you know, then it's the snake that needs help, not the victim.

Try to convince the snake that it doesn't have to go around biting people just to prove that It's tough.

http://d1g4sq00ps2bp3.cloudfront.net/images/12623_6.jpg

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17034 on: April 17, 2017, 09:47:29 PM »

Most snakes only bite if they feel threatened.  Or because someone like me picks them up to hug them and play with them and feed them and care for them and call them George.

AoTFan

« Reply #17035 on: April 18, 2017, 07:01:22 PM »

Before I came here, I accidently put in "nadmovies.org."  Luckily, I just got an error/page not found screen, because that could have lead to something truly horrible. 
AoTFan

« Reply #17036 on: April 22, 2017, 02:57:34 AM »

Once I saw an old man who was walking outside, heading back to where he lived.  In his hands he had a stack of newspapers, I'd say at least ten, and I could tell that, at his age, it wasn't the easiest thing for him to carry.  Two younger men came up to him  and started asking him questions.  I'm not sure what the questions were about, but I doubt it was anything important.  The man was obviously a little distressed.  Although he tried not to show it, I'm sure the papers were weighing heavily in his arms.  I can't prove it, but I think the men stopped the old guy just so they could harass him a bit, make him stand there to prolong his trip and maybe even long enough so he drop all the papers on the ground and then have to bend over to pick them up. 

I don't know if it came to that.  I hope they just had their fun for a minute or two and then let him go, but, not being in a position to intervene, I just kept walking to my destination.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17037 on: April 22, 2017, 07:12:17 AM »

Once I saw an old man who was walking outside, heading back to where he lived.  In his hands he had a stack of newspapers, I'd say at least ten, and I could tell that, at his age, it wasn't the easiest thing for him to carry.  Two younger men came up to him  and started asking him questions.  I'm not sure what the questions were about, but I doubt it was anything important.  The man was obviously a little distressed.  Although he tried not to show it, I'm sure the papers were weighing heavily in his arms.  I can't prove it, but I think the men stopped the old guy just so they could harass him a bit, make him stand there to prolong his trip and maybe even long enough so he drop all the papers on the ground and then have to bend over to pick them up. 

I don't know if it came to that.  I hope they just had their fun for a minute or two and then let him go, but, not being in a position to intervene, I just kept walking to my destination.

People certainly can be mean.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus

« Reply #17038 on: April 22, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »

It's Earth Day, founded by a happy lil wifebeater who murdered his girlfriend, used her for compost, & tried to claim the CIA did it, so a big happie birthday to Vladimir Lenin, and where's that  moon colony we were promised so we wouldn't have to deal with this mess?

PLAH!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:47:37 PM by LilCerberus » Logged

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #17039 on: April 22, 2017, 09:34:21 PM »

RIP Erin Moran

Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.