Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:14:26 AM
714153 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2713741 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17280 on: July 20, 2017, 07:46:59 AM »

On the plus side I guess its better than the girlfriend I had many years ago, who I would wake up and find she'd cut my shoulder with a razor blade and was licking the blood.

I really wish she was the weirdest girlfriend I'd ever had.

Buggedout

I thought I had dated some scary chicks!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17281 on: July 20, 2017, 10:18:51 AM »

On the plus side I guess its better than the girlfriend I had many years ago, who I would wake up and find she'd cut my shoulder with a razor blade and was licking the blood.

I didn't think blood fetish was a thing, but here we are.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17282 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:42 AM »

Met her at a LARP for Vampire: The Masquerade. Possibly that should have been a warning.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17283 on: July 20, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »

Met her at a LARP for Vampire: The Masquerade. Possibly that should have been a warning.
Red flags were there, but the question is this: was it red from blood or was red because it was red?

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17284 on: July 20, 2017, 11:16:28 AM »

Alex, you are the most interesting person on this site.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17285 on: July 20, 2017, 01:27:38 PM »

You will make me blush ER. Oh, just out of interest ER are you watching American Gods and if so what do you think of it? It's not super grabbing my attention but I think that's because I've read the book and know whats going to happen more or less, but I am enjoying it.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17286 on: July 20, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »

RIP Chester Bennington, the main vocalist for Linkin Park.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17287 on: July 20, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »

You will make me blush ER. Oh, just out of interest ER are you watching American Gods and if so what do you think of it? It's not super grabbing my attention but I think that's because I've read the book and know whats going to happen more or less, but I am enjoying it.

I haven't seen any of it but I'm sure I will at some point. I find I am a purist when it comes to books I love, so the series will likely make me annoyed here and there, but I will give it a fair chance. It has some good actors in it.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17288 on: July 20, 2017, 04:25:58 PM »

I like guns. God help me, I do. One long-ago day in the Texas Hill Country this man and I shot six hours, through the night, and at the end he said, "You're good for a Yankee." (Didn't have the heart to tell him I was born below---though practically on--the Mason-Dixon Line.) His misplaced regional slur aside, I was rarely so proud of praise from anyone, ever.

So I like guns.

I just got back from shooting at the range where my friend invited me, and I feel good right now. I'm reminded anew how I like the feel of my Desert Eagle in my hands, that microsecond before the recoil hits, knowing you placed well, the bullet driving home, that surprisingly quiet SNAP sounding in your ears. I love the smell of gunpowder.

I grew up around firearms and learned about them from when I was small, therefore I knew what they were, how to handle them, why they were dangerous, and how to use them safely. To me they were never forbidden fruit, so they had no allure. Therefore I never ended up a sad statistic, like some poor child who finds one in a shoebox and blows his face off. My kids also have learned about guns and it makes me feel safer that they have. Ignorance of firearms can get someone killed, and saying guns kill people is about as apt as saying forks cause obesity. It's all about the person behind the tool.

Guns were not that big a thing in my youth, my grandpa would shoot fairly often, sometimes take me with him, my father had the right to carry but was by no means a gun nut, he rarely spoke about guns, but guns were out there, around me. When I'd visit Ireland my family there seemed perplexed how anyone could sleep in a house with a gun in it. I also met many Canadians when I was in the northeast, and the idea of a billion guns in America seemed to make their brains overheat a bit. I guess we live in a multi-cultural world, and gun-owners are part of the rainbow and should be respected alongside other divergent groups, though I find the same tolerance for lesbian Moslems of color who tattoo their earlobes and marry their pregnant horses is oddly lacking when it comes to that segment of America that owns the most guns. They get made fun of. I'm told teaching children gun safety even makes some people want to puke.

But here is the thing, as much as firearms are a hypothetical last bulwark of defense against governmental and societal tyranny (largely in placebo form), I think it's a sad fact that they are in the hands of too many idiots, and as much as I like my guns, I find I don't like gun culture and most people who are into guns. I especially detest the NRA: fear mongering at its finest!

See, I get disgusted by that swagger some people get when they're carrying, I don't like their cockiness, that toughass look they get, and above all I don't like the sexist culture that seems a part of guns.

Like today at the range, two women, twenty men, and I knew going in what I'd encounter, nineteen of the hypothetical twenty red-faced and hypertensed males showing us how hung they were by squeezing a trigger on their big ol' guns. Yeah. One walked over and asked if we wanted lessons.

Uh, no thanks. I proceeded to place 33 of 36 shots center ring at twenty yards, and that's while listening to my gesticulating friend stand two inches from me and talk about her machinations for avoiding sex as often as possible. Fair to say I could have shot better but I was distracted by her descriptions of, "thigh-length granny panties worn in bed."

I grew up spending hundreds of hours in my teens learning to augment a weak tennis serve by dropping a ball with precision, placing it on-court right at the hypothetical T-zone in front of the return player's weak hand, and it's not that different a concept, shooting, in both cases you make a projectile go where you want it, so while I didn't expect respect from the peanut gallery at the range, grudging or otherwise, I also could have lived without hearing someone remark to his buddy as we were leaving:

"Guess her old man musta made her learn, huh?" Old man? Does that mean father or husband, anyway? In either case, no. You can show someone the concept but learning to hit a target is all about what you do on your own.

So that's how I spent my summer vacation, or at least part of one afternoon of it, out-shooting men who thought they could automatically out-shoot me, and listening to someone proudly tell how she escapes sex. Hope everyone else did something equally fun.

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17289 on: July 20, 2017, 05:42:53 PM »

I LIKES me a woman who knows which end of the tube the round comes out of. Okay, I am quoting G. Gordon Liddy with that line, but tis true! What were you shooting, ER?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17290 on: July 20, 2017, 06:36:50 PM »

It's OK that my spell-checker doesn't recognize the word "pre-adolescent," I guess, but it bothers me that it thinks I might have meant "pee-adolescent."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17291 on: July 21, 2017, 01:46:12 PM »

There is much beauty and goodness in this life, if you look for it.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17292 on: July 22, 2017, 09:58:12 AM »

RIP John Heard

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17293 on: July 22, 2017, 11:05:42 AM »

I.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17294 on: July 22, 2017, 11:22:04 AM »

I.

YOUR FAVORITE LETTER!! LOL  TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.