Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:56:39 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702823 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17295 on: July 22, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »

I.

YOUR FAVORITE LETTER!! LOL  TeddyR

Ha!!

Figured if I owned the longest BMDO post, I might as well try for shortest too.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17296 on: July 22, 2017, 01:16:38 PM »

Just had my first proper car crash. Two cars were travelling infront of us when the first one slammed on his brakes, so the second guy did, then we did. Car number two managed to stop just short of number one, but although I got the speed down pretty low, it still caved in the crumple zone on the hire car I was driving, which bumped the second car into the first car. The guy in the second car said car number one had been driving a bit erratically for a while and it turned out he'd been driving for seven hours without a break.

Anyway, luckily no one was hurt and our car was the one damaged the most. The one we hit was a Land Rover, and his back window got smashed. The car in front has a slightly bent bike rack.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17297 on: July 22, 2017, 06:21:25 PM »

My big brother Dwain is ten years older than me, and I VERY rarely get to put one over on him.  But today was one for the books in that department!

Tim, my brother-in-law, was asking Dwain about his new car, and how fast it could go, and then asked Dwain how many speeding tickets he had gotten.

Dwain responded, "None - I don't speed."

Now, while that may be true today, I happen to have anecdotal evidence to the contrary from the distant past, so I interjected:
"This from the man who made it from El Paso to Dallas in seven hours?"

Dwain blinked and gave me a look, then chuckled and said:  "Well, I had my day."

His wife Denise looked at him incredulously and said: "That's, like, 750 miles, isn't it?  That's impossible!"

Dwain gave her a little smile and said:  "Not when you drive like I used to."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17298 on: July 23, 2017, 12:46:56 AM »

You know how sometimes when you're alone you'll sing some stupid random stuff instead of the actual lyrics to the song?  Is there a word for that stuff?
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17299 on: July 23, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »

I think it would've been funnier if the Imperial Stormtroopers in Rogue One had worn red shirts above their armor.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17300 on: July 23, 2017, 11:00:23 AM »

You know how sometimes when you're alone you'll sing some stupid random stuff instead of the actual lyrics to the song?  Is there a word for that stuff?
Improvisation? Maybe? Sometimes I think the lyrics people think up are better than the ones originally there.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17301 on: July 24, 2017, 05:12:42 PM »

Somebody should take he script for one of the classic zombie movies and replace every reference to living dead with a reference to clowns.  Same exact movie, except no instead of zombies trying to eat you and infected people becoming zombies, infected people become clowns.  No other changes. 

... Well, maybe replace the moaning with laughing and horn honking.  Nothing else. 
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17302 on: July 24, 2017, 06:24:07 PM »

I love making Paella, it's not only easy but it's delicious.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17303 on: July 25, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »

Last night my cousin's son, whom I practically raised from ages 2-5 (strangers used to assume he was my child and even some of my friends didn't seem convinced he wasn't) and who has been openly gay since at least thirteen, said he'd come over and hang out today with the children and me, maybe we'd go to the beach at this big lake near here, maybe go somewhere else, an amusement park, we'd see. So he was supposed to call me at nine, come over around ten, and it got to be 9:45, I was sitting here posting everything I have so far today, waiting on him, nothing heard from him, I texted him:

"What's up today, Tyler?"

"Just woke up with these two guys I met."

"Woke up as in you're in bed with them, right?"

"You know it."

"You just met them, and...both of them?"

"Yep."

"Tyler, listen to me, man, something bad is going to happen to you. Get yourself a guy you like, cool it a while. Slow down or stop this. Straight, gay, bi, a person is not meant to live the way you're living right now, multiple new partners on an almost daily basis."

"I'm not going to die."

"Yeah, I'm afraid you are. Step back and look at your life. You're not just messing around a little, you're messing around stupidly."

"You worry too much. I'll be over before noon."

So there you have it. He's not even eighteen, he doesn't have fully-formed judgment, he lives like life has no consequences, his generation is too far removed from AIDS to grasp its potential impact (he literally says things like, "I know it's out there but who gets it anymore?") and meeting other gay men has never been easier in the social media age (ever seen how many apps exist right now for gay men who want quick semi-anonymous sex?).

There is so much wrong with how he is living, beyond AIDS, even past other diseases, there is the possibility of crime, of violence, the psychological impact to have all this now, so young, that it is rapidly becoming one of my top worries, and that's saying something, because I have a lot to worry about.

It's as if society is so preoccupied with showing support for homosexuality right now that it has lost track of the fact that no sexuality is without consequence, and promiscuous male homosexuality is the riskiest behavior of all. The message young gays seem to have is go for it, this is our age, it's all fine, there are no rules or consequences anymore.

Well, no it's not fine to go from person to person daily having random sex, "protected" or not.

I love him and he just makes me sad.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17304 on: July 25, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »

I feel for you, and I am concerned for him.
One of the things that doesn't get talked about in our gay-worshipping culture is that gay men, on average, live 10-15 years less than their straight counterparts, due to the multitude of diseases and infections that decades of anal sex leaves the body vulnerable to.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17305 on: July 26, 2017, 03:28:12 PM »

You know how sometimes when you're alone you'll sing some stupid random stuff instead of the actual lyrics to the song?  Is there a word for that stuff?
Improve Audio Riffing?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17306 on: July 27, 2017, 03:47:28 PM »

If every rapper became farmers who would have the freshest beets?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17307 on: July 28, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »

I feel for you, and I am concerned for him.
One of the things that doesn't get talked about in our gay-worshipping culture is that gay men, on average, live 10-15 years less than their straight counterparts, due to the multitude of diseases and infections that decades of anal sex leaves the body vulnerable to.

I've seen too many of my good friends both in the LGBTIQ community and in the "straight" community die: that is the main reason I became celibate in 2004. The few minutes of pleasure you get from sex - when it's unprotected - is not worth the crap you have to go through. Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17308 on: July 28, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »

That's why I am a confirmed monogamist!

Speaking of which -
This afternoon my wife got the dog clippers out so she could trim our two Great Pyrenees (VERY shaggy beasts).  She sat on the porch and cut and trimmed mats and excess fur as long as the dogs would let her.  When she came in after an hour of this, she started to sit down and then turned her back to me and asked:  "Do I have hair all over my butt?"
I said:  "I can't tell, you're wearing pants."

They say the swelling may go down in a day or two.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17309 on: July 29, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »

Stayed up very late having a deep conversation with my nine-year-old godson, who spent the night. I think we may finally be making some progress figuring out why he's scared of stuffed animals. And pencils. And bridges. And hoodies. And swimming pools. And socks put on people's hands. And being alone in a room with the door closed.

In fact after talking with him til one AM I sort of felt like sleeping with a light on myself...

Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.