Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:18:44 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702491 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17370 on: August 16, 2017, 04:11:51 PM »

I'm thinking about starting each day with a six sider, and rolling for the number of hours I'll sleep in.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17371 on: August 17, 2017, 02:22:45 AM »

I asked the interns if they want to go have a snowball fight in the cemetery at lunchtime, and they all got totally quiet, and one goes, "Why do you keep trying to get us to go to a cemetery with you?" (Because I asked if they wanted to go walk there at lunch the other day when it was about seventy degrees: no takers.) Good point, and I don't know, with two exceptions I've always liked cemeteries and have always felt calm there, and seeing all those numbers on headstones somehow serves to put me in contact with my era in time. They're often pretty places, cemeteries, and when you go there to be alone people tend to leave you to yourself. Some interns in the past used to go there when I'd suggest it, and I don't know why this group is so keen-set against it. Me, I could take a trip touring worthy burial grounds and feel like it was a journey worth making. Guess I'll go up alone today.

My wife is the same. Any time I take her somewhere, we almost always end up walking arounda cemetery. The one time we didn't when she visited the Falklands, after she went home I'd to spend an afternoon going around taking photos of the cemetery in Port Stanley for her. I think her favourite ones are in Edinburgh though, especially Greyfriers Cemetery with the statue of the dog outside.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17372 on: August 17, 2017, 11:37:01 AM »

Well, I'm almost catatonic. My baby started kindergarten today, and now all three are gone.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17373 on: August 18, 2017, 09:43:37 AM »

I have a new mission: to figure out how to create toilet paper puppets.

'llow me to 'splain, Loocy.

When I was wee I rarely had babysitters because my mother stayed with me, and when she and my dad went out somewhere, I'd usually go be with my paternal grandma or sometimes my Aunt Christie, whose own daughter would occasionally be around (haven't lived til you've sat there at age eight while a stoned tweenaged cousin puts makeup on you and "falls asleep" before she finishes up) but one babysitter who made a strong impression on me, especially for only sitting with with me twice, was this high school girl named Ann. (Or maybe it was Anne, who knows.)

Ann/Anne was just awesome. She was about fourteen and had massive '80s hair and wore leg warmers just like in those People '80s retrospectives, and one of her many talents was she knew how to make these grotesque puppets out of toilet paper. She'd take a roll  and wrap a few sections around her hand, pile some up on her fingers, push and tear til she had a mouth, use her tongue to make these semi-translucent bulging eyes, and kind of wet the end and twirl it into a beak, then she'd do amazing monster voices, and my gosh I wish I had a picture of some of these, because even though I grew up watching my mom make origami, these were like something out of Pee-Wee's Playhouse meets.....Gahan Wilson.

So I been thinking about those and I might see if I can re-create her technique and show my own kids. Not as if it costs much, since if I mess them up we can always just use them to clean up after the dog or whatever.

Next time: why my mom thinks my every quirk and weirdness may go back to her brother telling pre-schooler me highly animated naptime stories about The Fall of the House of Usher, complete with a re-enactment of poor Madeline clawing her way up from her premature burial. (Bonus material: Uncle Pat's daughter later tried to kill me!)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17374 on: August 18, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »

Got up this morning at my usual time and headed to the shower. What was once a private ritual is no longer as Dagon insists on trying to join me in the shower, running out as soon as the water hits him and then slowly creeping his way back in again. So much for my alone time. Took the time to try and count the scratches on my thigh from him climbing up me, but there are already too many.

Since they were heading home early I woke my mum, sister and Kristi up, although poor Kristi was exhausted as she hadn't slept all night. I stayed awake with her hugging her until she decided to get up and go sit on her computer, so I had caught some sleep then. She came back to bed a couple of hours later and I'd woken up (I tend to survive on at most four hours of sleep a night) so I held her some more just lying there together.

Anyway said goodbye to mum and Elizabeth. Felt a bit bad as I hadn't got to spend much time with them this visit. Having to spend a day travelling to Leuchars and back really didn't help there. Mum is looking exhausted from looking after Gina and I could see she badly needs a rest. She does relax a lot when she comes up here, but with Elizabeth having a hospital appointment tomorrow she had to head home. Feeling worried about both of them. Still she was cheered up by the news I got from the doctors. Nine months to a year and I should be all fine again although the doc does want to up my meds a bit. They've been doing that slowly since this isn't the kind of stuff you can just start taking a high dose of and when you go to come off it has some nasty side effects.

Didn't have much work to do today. I did drop some paperwork I've been trying to get the boss to sign off for weeks now on his desk for something he wants me to organise, but I need his signature on. Can tell he isn't happy with me but I don't really care. Another 18 months and he'll be moved on to another post anyway. Last time I had an officer I didn't like I spoke to a contact in manning and his next posting was two and a half years in the Falklands. Shame I lost contact with her over the years.

Went home at lunch time planning on being very quiet and letting Kristi sleep. That plan lasted until I got home and found the door locked with the key in it, so had to ring the doorbell and wake her up. Sent her back to bed straight away though. Didn't feel so bad when she told me she hadn't managed to get to sleep anyway.

Got to finish at half two today which was nice. On the way home I got caught up in two trains of though. One of them was my long term dislike of the standard NATO round, the 5.56mm. I mean I understand the theory behind using that ammo, but when it comes down to it I would much rather have the old SLR with its 7.62mm round. The other was what would historical leaders (not nessicarily famous ones) think about nuclear weapons and would they be more willing to use them at the drop of a hat.

Got the house to ourselves for the first weekend in a while. Although when I say ourselves I mean, me, Kristi, Bean, the rabbits (Pan and Sylvanus) and Dagon the privacy invader. I mean seriously what is it with that cat? I can't even go to the toilet for a dump without him running into the toilet with me. I felt something tugging on my legs yesterday morning, looked down and there he was sitting in my underwear looking up at me. Over the course of the rest of the day I did keep myself amused by thinking of all the jokes I could make out of that situation.

Used the time on the train to get an upcoming encounter for the D&D game written. Don't think the players will get to it this week, but in a week or two... Well, depending on what the group decides to do anyway. While I do have a plot for them to follow its at their own speed and they can wander off and do other things, or even totally ignore the plot line. Of course they do that and the bad guys won't have anyone standing in their way to stop them.

Got a friend who has decided she is now an 'it' and doesn't want to be identified as any particular gender. While I support her on one hand, on the other hand I really can't be bothered to remember what everyone wants to be labelled as and besides if I am entirely honest, I get a particular scene from The Life Of Brian running through my head where one of the men complains that he doesn't have the right to have babies and a compromise is suggested where they will campaign for his right to have babies, even if he can't actually have them as its symbolic of their struggle against the Romans (symbolic of his struggle against reality you mean). Plus the name she now wants to be refered to as makes me think of a character from an old comedy movie series I like.

To me it looks like by refusing to be labelled, all you are doing is giving yourself a different label. Guess I am just getting old and out of touch. I remember when I was a teenager and one of my teachers commented that all of my friends wearing black jeans and heavy metal tee-shirts weren't really being individuals. We pointed out to him, we didn't dress that way to try and show individualism, but we wanted to show that we were in a group that most definately wasn't the same as his group. Thirty years later I am still wearing the same style of clothes.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Flangepart

« Reply #17375 on: August 18, 2017, 03:40:06 PM »

like something out of Pee-Wee's Playhouse meets.....Gahan Wilson.
I LOVE that sentance!  Cheers

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17376 on: August 18, 2017, 04:52:16 PM »

The other was what would historical leaders (not nessicarily famous ones) think about nuclear weapons and would they be more willing to use them at the drop of a hat.

What did you conclude?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17377 on: August 19, 2017, 02:49:37 AM »

The other was what would historical leaders (not nessicarily famous ones) think about nuclear weapons and would they be more willing to use them at the drop of a hat.

What did you conclude?

That mostly they'd have used them to teach 'Johnny Forigner' a lesson and not lost a nights sleep about it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17378 on: August 20, 2017, 07:10:56 AM »

Aaah, Sunday. The day that says the weekend is waaay too short. As a kid I always hated Sundays as while I was off school everything was closed and all four TV channels showed religious programs which were by and large very dull. Going to church on top of that for me was like the cherry on the cake. If the cherry was a turd, and the cake was a larger turd. Ninety minutes of sitting all dressed up surrounded by old people talking about an imaginary friend and yet if I'd tried making up my own imaginary friend no doubt that would have got me one of the lectures from my dad about my imagination that were a semi regular feature of my boyhood years.

There has been an official diagnosis of why I've been having memory related problems at work and home. Apparantly I've been suffering from depression for quite a few years now and may have had it on and off for years previously. On previous occasions I've been able to work my own way out of it, this time there just had been too many things happening and I wasn't getting a chance to recover before being hit with the next big drama/life event. Although my understanding of depression was that, that wasn't quite how it worked, but hey they are the experts. I also have a side order of OCD which explains why when I am trying to do housework I get very irritated when Kristi wants me to stop and cuddle. Normally I love cuddling, but when I am trying to do something else and I get interupted I feel incredibly frustrated. So I have my little happy pills which they think I'll be on for nine months to year (Escitalopram for anyone who is interested). Coming off them has some interesting side effects, so I have that to look forward to. I'd really like to be off those pills before our upcoming addition arrives. Kristi is going to need a lot of support and I have to be able to provide that regardless of what ever else I am feeling. Neither of us has family close enough to step in and take up any slack.

Speaking of Kristi, her sleep pattern is still messed up but I think she is reaching the end of that part of the cycle. Getting her back on a regular sleep pattern is always a couple of week struggle though. Decided to scrub out the man cave toilet today. Dagon is not impressed at being kicked out of his bedroom but I don't need a kitten trying to drink bleach. Hopefully the smell of it will have cleared by tonight or he'll have to sleep elsewhere tonight. He actually went to his bed himself last night, crawling into his little tent in there.

Got Kristi her first two presents, but ended up giving one of them to her. It was a set of pink marbled dice. The other one is now safely in plain sight in the same place I have hid her presents every year that she fails to notice. Its a bright sunny day outside, although it had been raining early. Figured I could at least get the laundry done and hang it outside. Perhaps I'll have a major enthusiasm burst from out of nowhere and go cut the grass in the back garden, but I doubt that one. Still the rabbits are playing outside and the dishes have been washed so progress was made.

Picked up some new movies yesterday. Finally got Kong: Skull Island and a couple of others that were cheap (The Triangle & Last Knights). Been a while since I felt like buying some new DVD's so I'll take that as a good sign. Remembered to get the dates of the concerts I am going to (WASP and Alice Cooper) later this year so I'll book some leave for them on Monday. Played some board games online with an old friend from World Of Warcraft, Kelly. I've known her since she was 12 and when some older boys in the guild were making some inappropriate comments to her I stepped in to stop it. Not that she needed me (she told them "Yeah, try that and I'll bite your cock off"), but we've stayed in touch over the years. She is almost 24 now (I think its her birthday next week) and living in Wales (she is from Denmark originally) and engaged to a guy from there. I tease her about how quickly she has been picking up a Welsh accent. Anyway, we played a game of Betrayal at House on the Hill using Tabletop Simulator. Unfortunately it was just the two of us playing and that one needs three or more really, but it was still fun. Next time hopefully we'll get Kristi and Thomas (her boyfriend) to join in. Hoping to introduce them to Dead Of Winter or Lords of Waterdeep next time.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:13:56 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17379 on: August 20, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »

RIP Jerry Lewis

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Paquita

« Reply #17380 on: August 21, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »

I took my daughter to see KISS last night thinking this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see one of the biggest bands in the world and this experience could heavily influence her future if she ever wants to be a musician/artist/entertainer.  She loved the KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park movie and watched it daily sometimes a few years ago, so I'm not just forcing things upon her.  She's 8 so the night was hot and cold for her, a few time she was really excited and taking tons of pictures and the rest of the time moaning about how tired and hungry she was and wanted to go home because it was loud and scary.  So far the thing she remembers most is that we had to throw out her black licorice when we came in because security wouldn't allow it.  Kids are jerks.  I'm not a rabid fan or anything, and I think Gene Simmons can be an arrogant a-hole, but I have to admit, he is the absolute king of cool as the Demon strutting around on stage, larger than life, blowing flames and spitting blood.  Paul Stanley is still in really great shape too, but it sounds to me like he can sing a lot better than he can talk.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17381 on: August 21, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »

Dagon appears to be incapable of realizing that the arm rests on my computer chair do not have anything to stop things falling through underneath them and keeps sliding down there. Think I am going to have to look at buying a new chair just to keep him happy.

Back to Dagon. Although I have picked up lots of cat toys for him to play with, his favourite toy appears to be any lego figures that happen to fall on the floor. This leaves me in no doubt as to the fate of mankind should cats ever grow to an enormous size. Or we get shrunk.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:33:23 AM by Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17382 on: August 21, 2017, 12:57:17 PM »

Saw a post on facebook I thought ER might like.

My body is like a temple. Well more like a catholic church. Full of bread, wine and guilt.

Flangepart

« Reply #17383 on: August 21, 2017, 06:34:34 PM »

My body is like a grocery delivery truck with nowhere to unload.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17384 on: August 22, 2017, 07:37:32 AM »

Saw a post on facebook I thought ER might like.

My body is like a temple. Well more like a catholic church. Full of bread, wine and guilt.

;-)

Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.