Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:26:52 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702339 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17430 on: September 13, 2017, 01:02:02 PM »

So JJ is returning to direct Star Wars 9. Hmmm, although I think he did a good job of doing a remake (or maybe my expectations were so low it would have been hard to make a Star Wars film I didn't think was an improvement by that point) I am not overly excited to see him return to the series. Honestly, his movies tend to remind me too much of Micheal Bay's, but no doubt I'll be in the queue to see it as soon as it comes out.

Part of me thinks they should just have jumped ahead to say Episode 20 and continued the story from there, and then fill the back story in later.

Had another appointment with my nurse today. Managed not to stare at her legs this time and concentrate more on what she was saying, although she was wearing tights his time which made that easier. Turns out she loves horror movies too and is looking for someone to go see 'IT', with her. Which since none of my friends like horror movies is the same situation as I am in. I did not suggest going to see it together though lol. Turns out she is going on holiday to Anaheim later this year so was able to give her some advice on where to stay and how to get the most out of Disneyland.

Prepping for a STEM event on camp next week. The Royal Aeronautical Society had asked if they could run an event on camp for all the local schools. Said event was duly agreed to and lots of invites went out to lots of local schools who all wanted to come along.

Then the R.A.S. pulled out of the event. Rather than cancel the schools coming though and look like total dicks the Harry Stash (sorry, slipped into RAF terminology there, Harry Stash refers to the Station Commanding Officer) decided to see if we could put on some stuff for the kiddies ourselfs.

Give them a ride in the back seat of a Typhoon I say. Take it up into the air and do a full aerobatics routine.

Apparently this has many, many health and safety implications and wasn't allowed.

So instead we had to figure out something our section could do that we could show to the little darlings. Well in my previous job I used to fix aircraft and shoot people. Can't have little kids playing with aircraft and we can't let them shoot people. In this job, we sit around and sometimes do things on computers.

Kristi has occasionally commented that if my military career was a TV show, I'd have been in M*A*S*H* getting drunk with Hawkeye and seeing what tricks I could play on people.

We do what is called Hot Pit refueling, where the aircraft lands, keeps the engines running and we refuel it so it can take straight back off again with a new pilot. There are actually good reasons to do this, but they are boring so I am not going to go into them. But we can't have the kids near a engine intake, well because someone being sucked into one of them is not pretty. Even if you manage to avoid being minced up in the turbine blades its hard to survive having your lungs sucked out your mouth. And well, I suspect I'd end up having to fill in the paperwork on that one, and I really hate paperwork.

What we eventually came down to was sometimes we use Infra Red Thermometers, which sort of look like a gun and we use them to check the temperature of very hot things. So I spent most of today and yesterday trying to come up with ways of making them interesting. I found photos of firemen using them to check temperatures before going through doors, someone using them to check the temperature of the airflow through a naval vessels ventilation system (which wouldn't actually work as it would measure the temperature of the vent itself, not the airflow and so on). Apparently in the entire wide internet though there isn't a photo of a female engineer using one of these things.

Anyway, we are going to get the kids to measure the temperature of a car engine, then put the engine on and have them measure it again when it is hot.

Although since because of health and safety we can't let the kids handle the IR thermometers as they have a laser in them that basically shows you where you are targetted at. I am sure the children will be most highly impressed and want to go into engineering once they see us taking a temperature reading!

Anyway, I printed out lots of brightly coloured diagrams that show in simple terms how the thermometer works and what part of the spectrum it works and all that jazz.

We are an airforce. Why can't we drop some bombs and let the kids measure the temperature for before and after the explosions?

Dougie (my new sgt) asked me to send out an email reminding everyone to come down and sign one of the many bits of paper we have to review and resign on an annual basis. He'd already sent out an email at the start of the month and just wanted me to send out a reminder. Initially the email looked something like this....

"Sirs, ma'am's, all

This is a reminder that your annual check of your F4820 is due this month. Even if you have recently arrived in the section and signed it then, you are still required to resign for your annual check."

Seriously, this is the excitement I joined the military for. Anyway, I wrote that and my eyes flicked from left to right and my evil grin spread over my face. I then added

"Sgt Hill would like to express his displeasure and disappointment with all of those who have not already been down to sign their paperwork as required, especially those higher up on the chain of command who should know better. Anyone wishing to avoid being summoned to Sgt Hill's office for a one way conversation on this should sign their 4820 ASAP."

I then sent it to all the senior management.

Heh heh heh. Work is going to be fun tomorrow.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17431 on: September 13, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »

My, that clouds looks just like a funnel.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17432 on: September 13, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »

Spent the weekend and Monday in the horsepistle...they did not find any obvious problem with my heart...but I am being more careful!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17433 on: September 13, 2017, 09:29:19 PM »

Talk about a dilemma, if you're a social justice warrior, how do praise the Stonewall riots without mentioning that all these gays were assembled in a bar named for a Confederate general?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17434 on: September 15, 2017, 11:40:15 AM »

So my sister in law Kellie has many fears of too many things to mention. Sometimes I like to torture her about there, my particular favourites involving her fears of eyes, tentacles and butterfly wings. Today I shared a post from a facebook page witha joke about an octopi training school. She replied that her appartment didn't allow pets and I said "Don't think of it as a pet, think of it as a hungry apex predator that will one dark night escape from its tank, make its way to your bedroom and then..."

Anyway, what I forgot is that everyone from the page I shared it from can see these comments and loads of strangers from all around the world are now commenting on me tormenting her. Some are even joining in.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17435 on: September 15, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »

So my sister in law Kellie has many fears of too many things to mention. Sometimes I like to torture her about there, my particular favourites involving her fears of eyes, tentacles and butterfly wings. Today I shared a post from a facebook page witha joke about an octopi training school. She replied that her appartment didn't allow pets and I said "Don't think of it as a pet, think of it as a hungry apex predator that will one dark night escape from its tank, make its way to your bedroom and then..."

Anyway, what I forgot is that everyone from the page I shared it from can see these comments and loads of strangers from all around the world are now commenting on me tormenting her. Some are even joining in.

Heeeheeheeheehee...

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17436 on: September 15, 2017, 06:46:47 PM »

RIP Harry Dean Stanton

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AoTFan

« Reply #17437 on: September 16, 2017, 12:20:40 AM »

So my sister in law Kellie has many fears of too many things to mention. Sometimes I like to torture her about there, my particular favourites involving her fears of eyes, tentacles and butterfly wings.

Well, I can see where seem might those rather frightening-wait, what??  Butterfly wings?  Why would she be afraid of butterfly wings?  Or tentacles?

On the latter, I could think of several "interesting" pics from Japan you could send her that she'd probably enjoy.  Among the more mild, you could tell her to look up "Dream of Fisherman's Wife".

:)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17438 on: September 16, 2017, 01:47:39 AM »

So my sister in law Kellie has many fears of too many things to mention. Sometimes I like to torture her about there, my particular favourites involving her fears of eyes, tentacles and butterfly wings.

Well, I can see where seem might those rather frightening-wait, what??  Butterfly wings?  Why would she be afraid of butterfly wings?  Or tentacles?

On the latter, I could think of several "interesting" pics from Japan you could send her that she'd probably enjoy.  Among the more mild, you could tell her to look up "Dream of Fisherman's Wife".

She also has a fear of public speaking. When me and Kristi got married I convinced her that the maid of honour (her) in European weddings also had to make a speech. When she stood up to make hers everytime she looked away she found a small plastic squirrel on her dinner plate. I'd spent the day before our wedding going round Salt Lake City buying up all the plastic squirrels I could find and my sporran was filled with them.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #17439 on: September 16, 2017, 08:05:56 AM »

The tentacles make sense. I mean, they are all rubbery and move in a weird woogity way that is alien to human motion. That's part of the reason I kinda like tentacles (How do you make an octopus laugh? Give him ten tickles.)

The butterfly wing is probably more of a tactile fear. If you touch a butterfly's wing, the scales come off like a weird dust-like powder. I love butterflies, but cringe at touching their wings because of this. Other people are freaked out because of the structure of the wings. It's just how some brains are wired, but it sounds childish and insane to people who don't share such fears.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17440 on: September 16, 2017, 08:12:45 AM »

Well here, play Kellie Smashing Pumpkins' Bullet With Butterfly Wings and really leave her drooling. After all, despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17441 on: September 16, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »

Well, I can see where seem might those rather frightening-wait, what??  Butterfly wings?  Why would she be afraid of butterfly wings?  Or tentacles?

On the latter, I could think of several "interesting" pics from Japan you could send her that she'd probably enjoy.  Among the more mild, you could tell her to look up "Dream of Fisherman's Wife".

The tentacles make sense. I mean, they are all rubbery and move in a weird woogity way that is alien to human motion. That's part of the reason I kinda like tentacles (How do you make an octopus laugh? Give him ten tickles.)

The butterfly wing is probably more of a tactile fear. If you touch a butterfly's wing, the scales come off like a weird dust-like powder. I love butterflies, but cringe at touching their wings because of this. Other people are freaked out because of the structure of the wings. It's just how some brains are wired, but it sounds childish and insane to people who don't share such fears.

For Kellie it is the edges of the wings. Just because I don't understand it, doesn't mean I can't torment her about it. I mean I am only worried about things that could do you serious harm. Like sharks that can walk on land. Or beds that eat people.

Kristi is also telling me that absolutely under no circumstances am I ever to introduce Kellie to hentai.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:19:24 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17442 on: September 16, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

Well here, play Kellie Smashing Pumpkins' Bullet With Butterfly Wings and really leave her drooling. After all, despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0

Posted on her facebook page. ;)

LilCerberus

« Reply #17443 on: September 16, 2017, 10:18:11 PM »

Sssooo, the people from Tennessee were chased out of Richmond by people from New York? Well, that's pretty embarrassing.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #17444 on: September 17, 2017, 04:19:28 PM »

What's up with all these promos of the new Pennywise bowing his head like he's ashamed of something?
I keep half expecting some giant old hag in ugly glasses to grab him by the arm & swat him with a ruler.

Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.