Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:57:13 AM
713332 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701706 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17445 on: September 18, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »

I will never not be annoyed about mother!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17446 on: September 18, 2017, 02:48:08 PM »

I will never not be annoyed about mother!

You come back after all these years just to drop a line about your mommy issues?  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17447 on: September 18, 2017, 04:47:28 PM »

Work today was quite a lot of not doing anything. Although when we did have to go out and drive the wagon a bit, we did decide to drive along the perimeter of the camp.

Y'know, just in case the Taliban were mounting a sneak attack or something.

Nope all quiet.

After work we went straight out to the cemetary. This time last year I was in the Falklands. I'd saved up enough net time so me and Kristi could spend the entire day together on Skype, which was better than nothing. I'd been feeling ok for most of the day, but gradually feeling worse slowly. A woman and her daughter passed me when we were picking up flowers. She called out her name, which by a coincidence just happened to be Lilly. Hearing that got to me a bit.

Anyway, I normally like to go out there at least once a month, but it had been about two months since I'd last gotten out there. Spent a bit of time cleaning the headstone up, putting fresh flowers down and so on.

After we finished up we went for a meal. It was a bit disappointing, tried a new beer that turned out not to be to my tastes. But it was all edible and eating food counts for something I guess.

Picked up Alien Covenant which I have been dying to see and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. I figured Kristi would need something cheerful to watch, so thats what we watched when we got home. Its just ending, then I am going to take her to bed and hold her close all night long.

Today was a tough day, but we got through it and we spent it together.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17448 on: September 19, 2017, 07:38:21 AM »

I think reaching Kraken status oughta be based not on number of posts but on word count.  BounceGiggle

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17449 on: September 19, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »

Today was the start of our STEM event at work. We drove down early to get set up and had a bit of a walk around. We were looking at other peoples set ups where they had virtual reality sets and ipads where kids could pilot jets. Wasn't really convinced our infra red thermometer could compete with that really.

Anyway, our stand was an diesel wagon that we'd run for a bit and then switch the engone off and get the kids to try and find the hottest spot they could and turned it into a bit of a contest which got the kids pretty excited with anyone who got beat wanting to try again to get a higher score. The first group Ryan was showing the kids how to use the thermometer (which just to make it easier I will refer to as the gun from now on). Some fairly pushy young girl (the kids were around 9-10) was determined to win in the first group and announced to us that she was the youngest person in the group as soon as she walked in the tent (as it happens she did actually win). She was telling us how she was going to be a pilot in the RAF when she grew up. I pointed out to her that if she did that the next time we saw her we'd need to salute her and call her ma'am. Then I pointed to Ryan and said that he would be the only one who would still be in the RAF when she grew up, but that she could be his boss and order him around. I might have seen bigger smiles on a childs face in the past, but I can't think of any off hand.

After the first group I took over from Ryan and slightly fudged the results in the next couple of groups so the shyest kids got to win. I paid them a bit extra attention to try and bring them out their shells a bit.

I had to finish at twelve and then head out to the hospital with Kristi. She was due her 12 week scan. Baby is about 2 1/2 inches for those still stuck with old money and 63mm for those on metric and pretty active waving his/her hands around. Got some pictures of the scans. Both of us decided we were ready to tell everyone (so you lot actually got to find out before a lot of friends and family) so we've posted up some of the scans on facebook to let everyone who doesn't already know that we have a baby on the way.

Picked up some supplies for Dagon. I am trying to keep changing his brand of cat food as previous cats I've had I've found when they get used to one particular brand refuse to eat any others. Generally I'll mix in some of his usual brand with some of a different one.

It was an unusally warm day of the time of year so when we got home I decided to cut the grass on the front lawn. Seriously, next year I am just going to pay someone to do that for me. I hate cutting the grass. I'd rather clean the toilets or do the laundry any time. Anyway, thats all done and finally I am getting to watch Alien Covenant while Kristi is cleaning out her rabbits cage. Dagon is sitting on the comfy airchair of Dooooooooom!!! beside me.

Today is a good day.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan

« Reply #17450 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »

I just really, REALLY don't get people who leave their home country, immigrate somewhere else and then immediately set out to try to change the new country they're in to be like the one they just left.  It's like, if you want to be from where you were, why not just stay there?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:08:55 PM by AoTFan » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17451 on: September 20, 2017, 10:45:59 PM »

I just really, REALLY don't get people who leave their home country, immigrate somewhere else and then immediately set out to try to change the new country they're in to be like the one they just left.  It's like, if you want to be from where you were, why not just say there?

Si.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17452 on: September 21, 2017, 08:17:58 AM »

I had to finish at twelve and then head out to the hospital with Kristi. She was due her 12 week scan. Baby is about 2 1/2 inches for those still stuck with old money and 63mm for those on metric and pretty active waving his/her hands around. Got some pictures of the scans. Both of us decided we were ready to tell everyone (so you lot actually got to find out before a lot of friends and family) so we've posted up some of the scans on facebook to let everyone who doesn't already know that we have a baby on the way.

Today is a good day.

The anticipation that comes before the gender reveal is more satisfying than waiting on Christmas. Now you got me excited for you guys. Congratulations to you again.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17453 on: September 21, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »

Three days... nine hundred kids... three of us...

I feel slightly broken having finished the STEM stuff today. The groups we had this afternoon were rather boisterous to the point where they were climbing up the metal frame of the tent we were in and going hand over hand across the ceiling to the other side. Some adults got taken out when the kids were let loose with hoses from our fire section, but we were over the other side of the park from that and got to remain dry.

I was wondering if our child will behave like that as it grows up.

I really, really hope so.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17454 on: September 22, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »

Five more minutes and we eat without her...

Flangepart

« Reply #17455 on: September 22, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »

Hey, guys! Just got back from kicking Godzilla's butt...anything happen while I was gone?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17456 on: September 22, 2017, 07:53:33 PM »

Hey, guys! Just got back from kicking Godzilla's butt...anything happen while I was gone?
Gamera, is that you? TongueOut

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17457 on: September 23, 2017, 08:42:30 AM »

Lay in bed until half nine this morning. Been doing that a lot recently which is pretty unheard of for me previously. Got up, saw to the cat (ie cleaned out his litter tray, fed him. It wasn't the cutting edged kind of saw, or even the torture movies).

Anyway, logged into facebook and found I had a message from an old friend I hadn't heard from for quite a while. We used to... I guess I'll call it flirting a lot in quite a heavy way and if certain things had happened a matter of days differently I suspect I'd have ended up married to her instead of Kristi. Funny how little things like that work out.

She is a very intelligent woman and hard to figure out in a lot of ways. It intimidates a lot of guys, although I've always loved intelligent women. I've had some really hot girlfriends who were just vapid and insipid to talk to and it just doesn't work for me. Give me a woman I can talk to any day. Unfortunately she had split up with her boyfriend and wanted someone to talk to and let me know she was still alive.

Its pretty unusal for me to stay in touch with an ex. My generally unfailing ability to pick up the most psycho hose beast in a crowd is somewhat legendary amongst my friends. One of these days I need to tell you guys and gals about Bev, but I digress (as per usual).

Anyway, if anyone out there is from Germany and is looking for a pretty hot girlfriend who is very intelligent, inventive in bed and a bit of a goth type let me know and I'll put you in touch. Just beware, if you don't treat her right I have spent a life time acquiring a certain set of skills...

Kristi has a cold and her nose is all blocked up. I did drag her out for a walk since its a lovely day outside, but I didn't make her go too far. Sitting now catching up on some Critical Roll. On episode 71 and they are currently on 111, so slowly catching up there.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17458 on: September 24, 2017, 05:30:01 AM »

This going to bed earlier and lying in bed later is really messing with my body. My hips and back are all kinds of stiff and sore. Didn't lie in late this morning though, between the cat and the wife that wasn't happening. Kristi wanted to go for a walk, so we went for a stroll down to the harbour. The sky was still pink from the dawn. Neither of us had taken any camera's or anything so we just enjoyed the view and didn't worry about taking pictures. Sat on a bench together and watched the sun come up over the ocean. I love it when its early and no one else is about. We could be the only people in the world and I'd be happy.

At least until I needed a third player for Axis & Allies or some other board game.

Prepping things for tonights game. Either I have prepared too much stuff which we won't get through all of, or I have done no where near enough. Can't quite decide. Plus it all depends where the group goes to. Finally got to see Alien Covenant. Enjoyed it. While its not Alien or Aliens type good it was a hell of a lot better than Prometheous. I do have one huge question on it, but nothing I can't live with.

Going present shopping next weekend. Going to try and get Kristi to go to Aberdeen rather than Inverness. Inverness is a much more attractive place to walk around and is only 45 minutes away compared to an hour and a half for Aberdeen but Aberdeen has much better shopping. Its just that with everything being made out of granite it is a very, very grey city and looks incredibly depressing on a rainy day. Maybe even arrange to meet up with Dawn and the kids. I don't get to see them much since they all moved up that way. Jim's contract in Saudi should be up soonish and I'd imagine he'll be heading home rather than signing up for another two years out there. Got Kristi a couple of presents so far and I have a third in mind to pick up for her. No idea what else I am going to get her beyond that though. No doubt I'll find something good though.

Glad we went for a walk earlier. The weather looks like it is taking a turn for the worse. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a lot of storms this year. A few years back we pretty much had 3 months solid of them.

Heard Dagon screaming last night from somewhere downstairs. I went running down but as I entered the room he was screaming from, what ever was causing him problems he'd gotten out of. I think maybe he jumped on the rabbits cage and got his leg caught between the bars on top. He was certainly limping quite heavily (same leg as he was limping on before, might get him checked out by a vet just to be on the safe side), but seems fine this morning.

Well he was fine until I found out he'd crapped in my wardrobe about 10 minutes ago. He is having some time out now. Mostly time out of my way before I decide to strangle him. If my Killer Klowns From Outer Space tee shirt hadn't already been ripped and I was going to throw it out anyway I'd have been a lot more p**sed off at him. Was bad enough that he woke me up this morning by chewing on my toes.

Got a meeting tomorrow morning to start organising the xmas function with Lucy (from the trip to London) and some lass called Zoe, who I suspect I'll know when I see her face but for the moment, can't think who she is.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17459 on: September 24, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »

I may have been slightly drunk last night.

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.