Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:26 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701724 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17475 on: September 29, 2017, 12:16:40 PM »

How the hell does a three year old manage to get its hands on a real, loaded gun and shoot two other toddlers? I mean seriously what the f**k?
Idiot parents and/or care givers.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17476 on: September 29, 2017, 12:32:47 PM »

Randomly felt like watching the old dancing liney video.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leacw8H8Lrk for anyone who hasn't seen it).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17477 on: September 30, 2017, 10:07:22 PM »

RIP Monty Hall

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17478 on: October 01, 2017, 10:18:04 AM »

Got up this morning. Since its a pay day weekend Kristi and her friend Karen are going out on their monthly shop. Kristi seemed to be feeling bad about leaving me home for the day. She cooked me a lovely big breakfast, kept asking if I minded her going out and so on. I assured her I'd be fine.

As soon as they were out the door the music went on nice and loud and danced around the house in my underwear, followed by watching a couple of horror movies. Currently watching Alien Covenant (which I have to say I quite like). Decided to run a bath. Found the cat walking along the edge of the bathtub. Figured when he got to the narrow end he'd fall in and he did, so quickly fished him out and dried him off. I guess I could have stopped him falling in, but I figured he wouldn't learn anything and he'd at least have someone there to rescue him when he got in trouble. He is currently wrapped up in a warm towel sleeping. I am just having some cheese and toast with a glass of pineapple juice and then go for the aforementioned bath.

Wrote part of tonights adventure, but not enough for a whole session so I'll get stuck in to that once I get out.

Was going to go for a walk, but its raining heavily and I don't feel like a walk in the rain. My nurse is a horror movie fan but doesn't often get to watch any. She asked if I had any recommendations for her. Going to take her the original Ring, Below, The Void, The Thing and what ever other ones I think are a bit above the standard genre movie.

Kristi was talking about buying me some clothes again. About two years ago she started buying me a load of stuff mostly in grey or brown colours both of which I loathe to wear. We were having a conversation with some other people and she mentioned that she'd been buying most of my clothes and was doing a really good job of it. I'd to have a quiet conversation after and gently disuade her from buying any more for me. It was hard not to hurt her feelings but I generally managed it. I really hope I don't have to have this conversation again, it just feels so mean especially when she means well.

Part of me whats to go out and get a bottle of Irn Bru. I guess that would be a bad idea given the state of my pancreas but whats the point in living if you don't get to enjoy the fun things?

Well ended up going to the shop, but didn't get my Irn Bru. Remembered they had a book Kristi wanted so took a walk down and picked it up instead. Watched Stranded which seemed to be a low budget attempt to remake Alien. Not Christian Slaters finest hour. On the other hand its not his worst, I mean the man has been in a Uwe Boll movie.

Oh well, best I go get writing. I still need to figure out how to reunite the party.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan

« Reply #17479 on: October 02, 2017, 02:24:37 AM »

One thing I don't like about my doctor is she always seems to be in a hurry.  She was in and out of the room before I could remember I was wanting to her about how I'd been feeling excessively tired lately, even with my CPAP machine. 

(sigh)

Course, I'll see her again in a month...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17480 on: October 02, 2017, 02:39:47 AM »

One thing I don't like about my doctor is she always seems to be in a hurry.  She was in and out of the room before I could remember I was wanting to her about how I'd been feeling excessively tired lately, even with my CPAP machine. 

(sigh)

Course, I'll see her again in a month...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17481 on: October 02, 2017, 03:02:12 PM »

RIP Tom Petty. Not one of top favourite artists, but he does have a regular spot on my playlists.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17482 on: October 05, 2017, 03:03:47 PM »

As I was churning out a report via the nearest printer I was thinking how its going to be read once and then binned.

If there is a god and he turns out to be a tree I am seriously screwed.

AoTFan

« Reply #17483 on: October 07, 2017, 12:06:13 AM »

My local Aldi's (grocery chain known for it's cheap prices) is closing down for a month or so for renovations.  I guess I should try and stop by and stock up on that pizza they have I really like.  (If they have any left, I've been told they were "low" on a lot of stuff...)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17484 on: October 07, 2017, 09:01:48 AM »

So I started watching Canada's Worst Driver and started on season 12. Dear God I am terrified that a guy with a brain injury is a better driver than a younger driver who refuses to listen.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17485 on: October 07, 2017, 02:34:02 PM »

*sigh* I let myself get dragged into a gun control arguement when I really should know better.

Just for the record I think people should be allowed to own guns provided they can prove they are mentally stable, but not everyone should automatically have the right to have one 'just because'. If you need armour piercing bullets, or semi automatic weapons to go hunting, then you are too incompetant to be allowed to hold a gun. Anyway, I am currently tearing into some guy who has been trying to justify the Vegas shootings. It was moderately civil until he pointed out he was a web designer and I replied, well before I joined up I used to do web design. Now I am a soldier. After that he kinda lost it. I really need to learn just not to get into these things at all, especially not when I have been having beers all day.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #17486 on: October 08, 2017, 03:50:36 PM »

My local Aldi's (grocery chain known for it's cheap prices) is closing down for a month or so for renovations.  I guess I should try and stop by and stock up on that pizza they have I really like.  (If they have any left, I've been told they were "low" on a lot of stuff...)

We have an Aldi's in my neighborhood, too, and while I pass it every week as I do my grocery shopping at Albertson's, I have never been in it. I do understand their prices are low, because I have heard they charge you for almost everything. You want a cart. They charge you for that. You do not bring your own bags to bag what you buy. They charge you for those as well. Though, what I do find interesting is that as a company that started in Germany in 1913, and is still regarded as being German, it seems to be one of the few European companies that have been successful here in America. Unlike American companies in Europe, you can't go to Europe, as I have, and not see American companies all over the place.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17487 on: October 08, 2017, 08:50:25 PM »

Wonder if anyone has ever changed his name to something offensive right before he went into the army? Like if some guy changed his last name to Honey, the drill sergeant would have to spend all of boot camp yelling, "Come here, Honey! Get up that obstacle, Honey! Get in that bunk, Honey!"

It may even get someone called on fewer than average number of times.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #17488 on: October 09, 2017, 04:18:07 AM »

We have an Aldi's in my neighborhood, too, and while I pass it every week as I do my grocery shopping at Albertson's, I have never been in it. I do understand their prices are low, because I have heard they charge you for almost everything. You want a cart. They charge you for that. You do not bring your own bags to bag what you buy. They charge you for those as well. Though, what I do find interesting is that as a company that started in Germany in 1913, and is still regarded as being German, it seems to be one of the few European companies that have been successful here in America. Unlike American companies in Europe, you can't go to Europe, as I have, and not see American companies all over the place.

Well, I can't speak for what they do or don't do overseas, but here in the US what they do is they don't really "charge" you for the grocery cart, they're all "linked" together on a chain type thing, you put in a quarter, it pops open, and, when you're done, you put it back in and you get your quarter back.  Although it might be slightly inconvenient to dig around for spare change, I can see how this would cut waaay back on clutter.  And you don't have to pay stockboys to round up carts.

And yeah, they do charged for bags, but most people already know about this and bring their own.  Plus bags tend to be a nickel for paper and a dime for plastic, so it's not that bad.

I go there, again, cause it's cheap (sometimes even cheaper than Wal-Mart), and because there's a lot of particular items that I like there I can't seem to find anywhere else.  Like the aforementioned pizzas.

Sadly, I wasn't feeling so great this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to stop by.  Guess I'll have to go to Ruler (another  discount chain that stocks stuff from Kroger) for awhile.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:00:35 PM by AoTFan » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17489 on: October 09, 2017, 06:44:33 PM »

Nice to have a day off!   BounceGiggle
Sad to spend three hours of it grading papers . . .  Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.