Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:39 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702103 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17565 on: November 05, 2017, 04:14:01 PM »

It's because the Mask looks cool. 

And it was used by the leftwing anarchist in V FOR VENDETTA!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17566 on: November 06, 2017, 03:53:06 PM »

Got two of Kristi's relations and one of their friends coming over on Wednesday. They've been spending a few days in London and are flying up here to visit for a few more days. Doing the usual clean the entire house for visitors bit. Dagon has a habit of kicking some of the kitty litter out of his tray, not to mention getting dry food over the floor too, so this morning I decided to sweep the floor in there and scrub the three bathrooms when I got home. Emptied his litter tray first off, put fresh stuff in, sat it down and he immediently ran over and pooped in it. By the time I'd changed it again it was time for me to go to work. Got home at lunch time and had the exact same scenario play out again.

Bloody cat.

Anyway, after work I finally got the floor cleaned, the shower scrubbed, sinks down and the bath is just waiting on Kristi waking up from a nap and I'll get that done too.

Hmm, just remembered the rabbits are outside. I should go bring them in, brb.

And back. Brought rabbits in, cleaned the cooker top, hugged a freezing cold wife who had just woken up then made her go put warmer clothes on (seriously, I have the heating on full blast, she is wearing multiple layers and is now back curled up in bed under a very heavy winter quilt fully dressed and is still cold. Maybe I should take her to the docs. Oh well, gave me a chance to hoover the floor in the man cave.

Oh, the excitement of a life in the military!

Dagon has a new obsession. He keeps going into my tee shirt wardrobe (trust me, I need a whole wardrobe just for them) and attempting to climb up to the top of them while yowling. Not quite figured out what is at the top of my tee shirts that so facinates him, but it will be interesting to see what he does when he gets to the hanger rail at the top. Possibly he is undergoing some sort of catnip withdrawl symptoms. Kristi bought him a bag of it and managed to accidently spill it all on the floor.

If I ever get my hands on a time travel machine I am so going to grab an ancient Egyptian to look after him for me. If they want to worship cats then I am sure cleaning up after them would be a honour for them.

Some times I really wish I'd been born a few centuries ago. My skill with a heavy sword is entirely wasted in the modern era. I could have made a good living as a gladiator, or been a decent man-at-arms. I don't think I could have been a knight as I tend to get irritated with the sorts of people I'd be expected to spend most of my time with. Mind you, I'd give it 3 days tops until I was screaming for a toothbrush (yup, I thought what would I miss from the modern era and what came first to my mind was "oral hygine").

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17567 on: November 06, 2017, 11:02:04 PM »

Your children will need to focus on learning to do the few jobs that people can do better than robots.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17568 on: November 07, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »

Another day, another appointment with my nurse, she of the great legs. Talked about the talky stuff and how I've been feeling and so on. Currently 60% of people in our office are having head issues. I wonder if there is some sort of link there...

She asked if I could bring Kristi to the next meeting in two weeks. Well, I am sure that will be interesting. Speaking of Kristi, she couldn't get warm last night. I had all the windows in the house closed, whacked the heating up full blast, got her dressed in warm clothes and then got her under our biggest warmest winter quilt. She still felt cold. I debated taking her out to the hospital but she didn't want to go. Anyway, she woke up in the morning feeling better, but incredibly hot (given I'd turned the house into the warmest parts of Venus this isn't a surprise). Feeling the heat in the house now of course she went and turned down the heating.

Did she bollocks. Instead Kristi just opened the bedroom windows, generously allowing me to pay for heating the entire neighbourhood. Seriously, if I don't know if this is all women or just the ones I encounter but if I could teach them to 1) Shut doors, 2) Switch lights out after them & 3) How to properly use temperature controls correctly I am sure I could solve the worlds energy problems. Still they have their advantages bless 'em and I wouldn't swap them for anything.

Well maybe a mint condition Batman number 14.

Or a nice cold beer. I could really go a nice cold beer (but I'd also want some cheese and toast later).

One of the guys I work with is out in the Middle East for christmas so I am taking a box into work tomorrow. Going to get people to put stuff in it and send him out a care package. Hopefully it will distract him from counting grains of sand for a bit.

Anyway, I have to go and figure out how to work a pregnant man into my D&D game and someone add in a bunch of vampiric pirates, or if you prefer Vampirates into my game.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17569 on: November 07, 2017, 10:36:19 PM »

I can't wait to see the electoral maps tomorrow & see who won which counties by popular Vs. electoral college votes! #gerrymandering @gerrymandering

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
316zombie
« Reply #17570 on: November 07, 2017, 11:39:37 PM »

SERIOUS response to alex-get kristi to a doctor to have her thyroid function checked, asap.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17571 on: November 08, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »

316zombie, Kristi always feels cold when she is tired and apparently she was just very tired. We have a doctors appointment in a couple of days for something else and I think I'll be mentioning it to him//her anyway. I have never seen her quite that cold before though (when we got married it was made very clear to me that half my body heat belonged to her, especially to her feet or as I like to refer to them "The Icy Daggers of Death".

Right now we are prepping the house for a visit by her aunt, cousin and a friend, so been doing some late or early spring cleaning depending on how you want to look at it. Today was interesting at work, I'd to explain (in very polite terms) to a pair of much higher ranking officers that I was right, they were wrong and go wind your neck in. It was all done by emails so I always get someone else to read over mine before sending them as what I think is just me saying the bare minimum and stating only the facts has in the past came over as me being quite brutal to people.

Of course it doesn't help that sometimes being brutally honest to people is what I really want to do (like today).

Kristi left me in charge of her phone while she goes for a shower. I have sent her cousin a message from it warning her to be careful on the drive from Aberdeen Airport as several coastal villages have been attacked by a giant squid, which can be a problem at this time of year.

Well her other cousin believed me when I told her that penguins kill more people than any other animal every year, so I just want to see if Jaimie is quite as gulible as Carlee.

Still, its not as good as the time two of Kristi's friends were coming over for a surprise visit and I told her it was two guys I knew from my days as roadies who were A) Raging Alcoholics & B) Nudists coming to visit for a week. Kristi kept pressing me for more details and I had to keep on making up more and more wild and outragous stuff (although funnily enough not generally as wild and outragous as what really happened as no one tends to believe those stories so I don't tell them anymore). Anyway, eventually the thought of having these two maniacs staying with her while I had to go to work had her in tears while we were waiting for them to arrive at the airport.

The things I have to do for love.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17572 on: November 10, 2017, 05:20:47 PM »

Long day at work today. We were pretty much the last ones out the building as there was a safety critical instruction coming out and me and Tall Dave (I know an awful lot of people called Dave, there is Big Dave, Concerts Dave, Unremarkable In Any Way Dave, Bald Dave, Tall Dave and so on. At least that is how their names are listed in my phone) had to wait for it to come in and then allocate it to all our aircraft. Was about 19:00 before I got home, but at least it actually came out in the end. Several times in the past I've waited until 20:00ish and then had a phone call to say the instruction wouldn't be out after all, which is pretty infuriating.

Before that I'd been pretty bored. I sent an email to Max (I only know the one Max though) that read "I made you look at your emails, you are now my b***h under my control." This completely confused him and he had to ask me what the email meant. I tried to explain it to him, but he just couldn't get the concept that I was just tormenting him a little bit. Katy eventually managed to explain it to him. To be fair Max is a bit slow. In fact if he was asked if he was slow he'd be about the 23rd person to answer.

Jumping forward in time again, when I got home Kristi had tomato soup, then cheese on toast ready for me and a hot bath ready. I do love having a wife who likes to take care of me as much as I love taking care of her. Looking forward to this weekend. Tomorrow we'll find out if the baby is a boy or girl and we can stop refering to it as Bean. After that I'll be heading down to Glasgow to catch Alice Cooper on Sunday night (Concerts Dave is also going to that gig. We only know each other through meeting randomly up at concerts hence the nickname). Music has always played a big part in my life despite my inability to carry a tune in a suit case. When I go to concerts I really come alive in a way that shocks most people. I get a bit hyper. I love live music and until I met Kristi I never met anyone who made me feel quite as good as I did when I am a gig. Not love, sex, alcohol or anything else quite got me feeling as... alive as I did while I was front and centre in a mosh pit. I am vaguely proud that any non seated gig I've been at I've always spent the whole thing up the front. Not easy when 5000 fellow maniacs are trying to get your spot at the from and they are crushing your ribs against a solid metal barrier.

Not back at work until Tuesday so next week will at least be a short one. Tall Dave is giving me some extra time off as a thank you for working late without complaining. The other guys in the office tend to start whinging on Fridays if they aren't away by three which only p**sed him off. I take the rough with the smooth. Some days you get home early, some times you work late. Wither I b***h about it or not I am going to have to work that extra time, but if i do it without the whining then sometimes I get thanks like that, whereas the other guys wonder why don't get the same.

Damned if I am going to tell them and give away my secrets. I learned some important lessons at school, but apparently very few people learned the same ones as me.

Number 1) Don't hurry and finish your work, you will only get more work to do.
Number 2) If you are going to be late you might as well take the whole day off. Being late gets you punished, taking the day off means people think you were ill and nothing more is said.
Number 3) If you look like you are a hard worker and don't obviously get into trouble it is amazing what you can get away with as people won't believe you would do something like that.

And so on. Possibly not what I was supposed to learn from school, but its served me surprisingly well in the years since.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17573 on: November 10, 2017, 05:59:08 PM »

Such a long crazy day at work and I'm deep down tired. I have paper cuts on my fingers and I burned my tongue on tea. I got good performance reviews from the interns, which was nice, but right after that I saw a bird with a berry-rich diet had befowled my car's windshield. Weary as I feel now maybe I should have kept that donated blood after all, though maybe it'll help an injured child somewhere. Hope everyone has a good evening and a nice weekend.

17.55 - 5 gmt

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17574 on: November 11, 2017, 10:40:03 AM »

Got up this morning and packed for my trip to Glasgow this weekend. When we first got married Kristi would pack 10 changes of clothes for a long weekend away on the basis she would require an outfit for any possible type of occasion. Pointing out how unlikely it was that she'd need an outfit on the off chance the Grand Duchess Anastasia happened to throw a formal ball and invite us proved fruitless, so I resorted to the only other option I could think of to persuade her to pack a little lighter.

I let her carry her own suitcase.

Since then she has realised that she can use a normal sized backpack for 3 days away rather than two very full suitcases. Anyway, since she is staying at home while I travel to Glasgow I guess that is slightly irrelevant for this trip.

Anyway, we went into Elgin early and got the scan's carried out and now we can refer to the baby by its name rather than referring to him/her as Bean. I let everyone know we now know if we are having a boy or girl and then told them I wasn't telling them.

This has caused some grandparental outrage. Heh heh heh.

I will tell them, I am just waiting until I get to my mums. I have a strict order that I tell people in. We find out, then grandparents, the rest of the family and then friends in order of how much I like them. Kristi still wants to cut one of the names out to make it a bit shorter but I like the idea of multiple middle names. And I will be damned if I would ever put it out to an internet vote to decide on a name. You want Boaty McBoatface? Because that's how you get Boaty McBoatface.

Besides I prefer Ramases Niblick The Third Ptang Ptang.

So I now have a bunch of pictures I can show to someone when they are a bit older and I can say that black shape there, that's a full bladder, and if we look at the next picture you can see it is now empty. And that bit there, that's your sex organs.

And I thought pictures of babies in the bath could be used to embarrass them as teenagers.

So anyway we said our goodbyes at the train station and I am off to Glasgow and going to see Alice Cooper. Hopefully that night will go without any strippers trying to get me to go home with them. Especially since when I am drunk and in a good mood pretty much anything seems like a good idea.

Now I am sitting on the train typing this and enjoying the view from the window over the forests and hills of the highlands as the train goes cross country. One of Kristi's aunts and a couple of cousins were over visiting this week and they were amazed that pretty much everywhere in the UK has free wi-fi. It surprised me when I visit the US and everywhere doesn't have it. Funnily enough though the biggest thing that seems to surprise people is the difference in bacon between the UK and the US. I could make a lot of money setting up an import business to the US with the thick cut bacon we have here. In return I think I'd import Country Boy Burgers back to the UK.

Enjoying a beer to celebrate the whole baby thing. We were 20 weeks in now. Kristi was having nightmares last night about us going for this scan and finding we'd lost the baby so she was very relieved today. I really wanted to tell her just to jump on the train with me and come away for the weekend, but we have pets now and I think she is so over the "Ooooh, those look so cute and furry can we have one?" stage of pets now, especially with the rabbits. I have to admit that I was rather worried going to this scan too. Kristi thinks she'll relax once we are past the 24 week point but I think I'll be worried right up until I am holding a no doubt crying baby in my arms that with again no doubt go and pee on me.

That may be a little bit of karma right there. Oh well, it's been a good run. If its time for payback I can take it like a man.

Or just volunteer to go out on a deployment for 4 to 6 months.

Currently going through a place called Kingussie. Lots of really nice looking Victorian style buildings, many of which are set tiered on the side of a hill in the middle of the forest. Always looks really nice. Around you can see the Cairngorms which is pretty much the largest uninhabited part of the UK. There is snow on the hilltops which looks like powdered icing on a chocolate cake. Although the leaves of many trees have turned brown and died, the native pines are all still green, so you have a wide range of colours to look out on, flat fields full of sheep and then hills and mountains, all punctuated with rivers that in a few short months will be full of salmon ready for the fishing season.

There are most definately worse places to live in the world.

Today is a good day.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17575 on: November 11, 2017, 11:10:24 AM »

Chilling in front of the PC for a bit before I get ready to go and do  a book signing this afternoon.  I hope to have a good day; I could use the coin!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #17576 on: November 11, 2017, 12:55:46 PM »

Chilling in front of the PC for a bit before I get ready to go and do  a book signing this afternoon.  I hope to have a good day; I could use the coin!

"Cross my palm with some silver, and I shall show you the way to the Egress with pleasure."  -- Indy, after some chats with him but does NOT buy a copy of his book

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
316zombie
« Reply #17577 on: November 11, 2017, 03:32:22 PM »

alex, you better like us ALOT!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17578 on: November 11, 2017, 04:05:09 PM »

Just for you m'dear we are having a little boy and the name is Iain Alexander Malcolm Ash Corbett.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17579 on: November 11, 2017, 09:02:40 PM »

You should replace one of those middle names with "Pugsley" or "Mubert."

Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 [1172] 1173 1174 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.