Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:23:36 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2715492 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17595 on: November 17, 2017, 07:46:36 AM »

Today is a very special day because it only happens once in all of history. Aren't you glad you're here to see it?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17596 on: November 17, 2017, 11:37:16 AM »

Normally I like to light scented candles in my man cave, but occasionally I forget to put them out. While where I have the candles sitting means they aren't going to start a fire Kristi has still been worrying about it. So she bought me a heater thing for little wax blocks that give up scents. Before Samhain I was using some ginger scented ones (its all down to the Hallowe'een theme on Disneys Haunted Mansion), but now that's passed the room smells of warm apple & cinnamon.

Been watching some B movies that turned out to be surprisingly good. 'Killing Hasslehoff' (man tries to collect on a dead pool by killing his celebrity), 'Colossal' (Anne Hathaway causes giant monsters to fight each other in South Korea), 'How I Live Now' (a terrorist attack on the UK somehow turns into a war and a bunch of teenagers try to survive. The lead female was a dour bint and I had trouble having sympathy for her) and one called 'The Howling', which isn't the 80's classic and was the worst of the bunch (journalist seeks out creepy stories source and finds them, but in a not worth watching sort of way) and finally 'Massacre In Dinosaur Valley' (which... well it had a lot of nudity in it. I think it also had some kind of plot but I wasn't really paying attention to the film after 30 minutes when I realised dinosaurs weren't going to appear).

Given this is a bad movie website I figure I should occasionally mention them and not just randomly ramble on.

Don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but I did pick up a card game where the objective is, is to make a low budget movie. Maybe if one day we all have a BMDO meet up somewhere I'll bring it along.

Either that or Cards Against Humanity... I once played that with a bunch of Kristi's Mormon friends and ended up with a phrase along the lines of "Masturbating into a pool of childrens tears while reading the holy bible'. We'll go with the plus side that it at least won that round as far as most offensive phrase goes.

Zombies!!! might be a safer bet on second thought.

Had Ash's detailed baby scan yesterday. Everything looks good so far and all seems to be working as it should be. Lots more pictures with black and grey swirls in them. I am glad the medical staff can tell what they are looking at because to me it could be an undiscovered Picasso I am seeing. Still, its always reassuring when you see the baby moving around and the heart beating.

Got a cheque for £1035 today, so that will be going to pay off credit card bills. I remember being younger and singler and money like that would have meant a holiday with lots of alcohol somewhere. Wonder what ever happened to that guy?

One wall of my man cave is taken up by a huge world map (well ok, not entirely taken up, there is about a foot of space between its edges and the walls/floor/ceiling, but that is still pretty big). I stick pins in it for all the places I've been. Maybe I should randomly stick a needle in it and go where ever it lands.

On second thoughts knowing my luck I will either end up A) In the middle of an ocean or B) Managing to stick the pin in exactly where I already am.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17597 on: November 18, 2017, 08:36:32 AM »

We decided to take a walk outside this morning, but due to it being a high cold wind (which sets off Kristi's asthma) it got turned into a quick walk to the local shop and back. As we were returning I could hear in Kristi's voice that it was starting to go so I did something very mean to her.

I made her stop talking for a whole five minutes for the part of the journey where we were walking directly into the wind. Despite my occasional (ahem) long posts on here in real life I tend to prefer being quite quiet. Generally if Kristi hasn't spoken for thirty seconds I put a mirror in front of her mouth to check she is still breathing. I am happy with her talking lots as it means I don't have to make small talk.

However with Kristi unable to talk I used the five minutes to tell her a joke about a hopeless pilot during WW2 that I'd heard when I was about 13. I could see in her eyes she was desperate to say something about the historical inaccuracies in the joke and it was torturing her, but I timed it perfectly and hit the punch line just as we turned round a corner and were no longer heading into the wind.

Just got a notification from AC/DC's page that Malcolm Young has died. RIP there. Saw them live in Glasgow on the Ballbreaker tour. Awesome night.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17598 on: November 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »

While a life in the forces prepares you for many things most people never have to deal with, spending a long time in the barracks means you miss out on other things. For example I am way behind my civilian peers on cooking. Sure I can make a mean, but compared to what my wife can do for example I might as well be serving burnt beans on toast. Perhaps if I'd gotten on better with my dad and been less of a punching bag for him I might have learned things like basic maintenance on cars and whatnot, but that is all part of lifes amazing journey.

Some weeks ago I had to ask Kristi to clean up better after she had changed her rabbits. She was using the laundry room and I was finding bits of hay in the washing when I took it out the machine. I'd to ask her a couple of times before she stopped changing it in there and threw a minor strop one day when I got really p**sed off about trying to clean wet hay out of wet clothes, but we got there.

Roll on a few weeks and I notice the washing machine isn't draining. Doing a quick search  I discovered the most likely cause for this is a blocked filter. Apparently you should check your filter every three or four months. Ok, so put that down to one of the missed domestic skills from being in the barracks. Had the thing for four and a half years and never checked that before.

Fortunately youtube has all sorts of DIY videos and I have enough technical skill to be able to follow the instructions. Open front panel, unscrew filter (anticlockwise) and clean.

Ok fine, except the filter will only turn about 30 degrees and then jams. I was just figuring out that I'd have to remove the pump to get to the filter and trying to figure out how to remove it (which didn't look too difficult, but I like to check for any unknowns that might just take you by surprise and ruin a very expensive washing machine), when Kristi happened to find another video on youtube with directions on how to do that.

Yay for Kristi and yay for youtube.

However the bottom of the machine was filled with rather icky stagnent water which didn't smell too nice and as I had to lie on the floor to gain access to the bits I needed I was quite quickly getting soaked in cold, smelly water. I can put up with that while I am doing a job and to be honest I've had worse. Hell some people apparantly pay good money to get covered in some of the stuff I've gotten covered in for free. They could save themselves a fortune just by switching jobs.

Kristi was alternating between being helpful and telling me jokes and stuff, which really, when you are lying in a wet puddle getting frustrated trying to fix something is a bit less than helpful. Especially when an electrical plug won't reconnect and she want's to tell you what her sister has posted about the weather.

Really honey, I love you more than anything but there is a time and a place for everything.

Anyway, I finally got the filter off and to be honest the only difficult part was getting the circlips off since the only pliers I had available are on my leatherman and I could have done with a bigger set. But I got there in the end. Kristi kept offering to come over and help, or to lift the heavy washing machine despite me repeatidly saying "No honey, you are pregnant, you are not going to even try to lift a heavy ass washing machine, nor am I going to let you lie down on your stomach in a pool of skanky water."

Anyway, got the filter out and surprise surprise it was jammed full of hay.

Still it's all back together now and I am running a short wash to check everything is working. Hopefully I've saved myself a fair bit of money by 1) not buying a new washing machine or 2) calling in a plumber to fix it for me. And I can always chalk it up to another man skill learned, which would be the first since about this time last year when I found out how to replace a broken toilet while suffering a hangover.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17599 on: November 18, 2017, 02:24:02 PM »

What a lazy day I am having. Except for a short meeting I had here today, I have done NOTHING but messed around online, read, watched the wind bend the trees. Doing home alone is charming once in a while but I wouldn't want a steady diet of this.

(BTW, it went well. Yours will too.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17600 on: November 18, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »

Boy I've been on here a lot today.

Kristi decided to go get me some beers. I keep telling her not to since it is killing my pancreas that little bit faster, but she braved the cold wind outside to get me some.

Never should have told her about that life insurance...

Introducing Kristi to Stranger Things. Somehow I don't think she'll like it as much as she did Fringe.

My brother is looking to join in on the D&D game. He has rolled up a paladin. Rolled high strength and constitution, good wisdom, dexterity and charisma. The intelligence score however.... Well if this were a movie then he'd be playing a god's perfect idiot. Yup, he has Derek Zoolander as a paladin. Combined with the witless mage in the party this should get interesting.

I'd been thinking about reviewing a movie on here for months. Finally got round to doing it last night so yay for me. Things like that I can spend years thinking about before deciding to do something or not.

Hmm, Kristi is under the impression that she will be happy to leave our baby (I should get used to calling him Ash) with other people for a night after a few hours. Somehow I am not seeing that one happening quite as quickly as she thinks. Hell, she was talking about when he is a year old letting his gran take him on a plane ride without us.

That got my "Uh huh." reaction. The next step up from that one is "Oh really." Just for comparrison, thats the equivilent of a woman telling you that everything is fine when you ask what is wrong?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17601 on: November 19, 2017, 08:46:42 AM »

So today started with cleaning up time and getting lots of jobs cleared that I've been meaning to get done for a while. Disconnected the fibre optic broadband box from downstairs, spend an hour moving furniture around so I could get access to the phone plug upstairs, only to discover that as it's a different socket cover from the one downstairs I couldn't fit the net connection upstairs afterall, so had to reconnect it all downstairs again, got the man cave carpet hoovered, then used the carpet cleaner on it and then put down some pet smell remover down before Ihoovered it again just to make sure, got the laundry going and since I fixed the washing machine yesterday it is no longer taking six hours to do a single load and got the rabbits outside so they could enjoy if not nice weather, then well it's atleast not raining, snowing or windy just now.

Some guy from Finland who I only know from his attempts to steal Kristi from me when we first got together has suddenly appeared on my facebook page complaining about a link I put on my brother's page about David Hasselhoff's old christmas album. I'd been thinking about getting him it as a joke present, but the £50 price tag kind of put me off. He has at least got rid of his drugs habit (the Finnish guy, not The Hoff) but why he thinks he is qualified to come on my page and b***h about xmas I am not quite so sure. Trouble is that Kristi has made me promise not to start an arguement with him, and since the last twice I've had a similar situation I have argued with them I am trying not to this time.

But I really, really want to. Oh well, I guess I can content myself with sitting back, relaxing and just be happy with the thought that while he was busy getting high I won the heart of his dream woman.

I think I need to find some trousers and wander down to the shop. Got a cold of some kind at the moment and the only thing that seems to stop my throat burning is carbonated drinks. Some cold Irn Bru would most definately be appreciated. Hmm, I wonder how Coke's attempt to sell their own version of that is going? Saw it when I was in the Falklands but I prefer to stick to the Real Thing.#]]

Hmm, the Finnish junkie has made a reply to his post. I am thinking that perhaps he isn't as off what ever his choice of drugs is as much as he claims. Still I've never met a junkie who didn't blame everyone else in the world for everything that was wrong with them. Well, not until they reach the point where they no longer want to be junkies and at some point in that process it occurs to them "Hey wait a second, maybe I was in some way responsible for some of the bad things in my life". I guess not all of them are like that, but certainly the ones I've encountered all seem to stick to that template.

Anyway, I've picked up Irn Bru and my throat is feeling better just now. Last load of laundry is in the washing machine, Kristi is either folding the previous loads or making some food. Time to reeeeeelax and chill out for a while.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17602 on: November 19, 2017, 09:07:17 AM »

The Sunday before Thanksgiving can only mean one thing - pre-Thanksgiving church potluck dinner!!!!!!!!!!!    TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17603 on: November 20, 2017, 02:09:49 PM »

So, while we were all waiting impatiently for "Uncle Charley" to kick it, we lost Malcolm Young & Earl Hyman with little to no fanfare, and the big news was the loss of Mel Tillis... Question

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AoTFan

« Reply #17604 on: November 20, 2017, 04:23:26 PM »

So, I heard someone on the radio talking about Charlie's death and she said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "The guy's been having a lot of health problems, which is what happens when you're so full of evil; you start to rot from the inside."

Er.. really?

Okay, I'm not arguing the guy wasn't evil, but considering he lived until age 83, that "evil" must have done a real damn slow job of "rotting" him. 

If she'd been talking metaphorically, then yeah, I could maybe get behind that statement, but I get this crazy feeling she truly believes Charlie's deeds brought about his demise.  I'm sorry, but "logic" like this is just plain stupid.  Did I need to rattle off a list of a decent people who died well before the age of 83 and ask what the excuse for their deaths was?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17605 on: November 20, 2017, 06:14:14 PM »

I'm tempted to make a "not poutine" poutine, using cubed cheese instead of cheese curds.

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17606 on: November 20, 2017, 10:23:24 PM »

We also lost Della Reese last night.
An angel & a demon in the same day, go figure...

And Charlie Rose is off the air.

Been a long, strange weekend...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17607 on: November 21, 2017, 08:02:00 AM »

Dagon did not impress Kristi this morning. Before I go to work I normally slip into the bedroom and give her a kiss goodbye since she doesn't have to be awake at the silly time in the morning that I do. Unfortunately Dagon apparently slipped into the room as well. It being dark, and him being a black cat helps him there. Anyway Kristi was woken up just as I left the house when Dagon leapt on her head. I got an unimpressed text message about that.

On a bit of a roll on the not impressing her side of things. There was a free pantomine (it's like a play for kids, high camp factor, lots of overacting and exaggerated costumes) on base, and since I'd always tried to take her to one for the festive season and for various reasons it hadn't happened I figured I'd take her to this one. It was Aladdin, which for some reason in panto tends to be set in China rather than the middle east and this one was no exception. Other things to note about panto is that the male lead is generally played by a woman, and the panto dames (ugly women in terrible costumes) are played by men, in this case Aladdins mum, Widow Twankie). Alas it turned out to be a terrible performance. The songs just didn't rhyme or fit the music. The acting wasn't too bed, especially the guy playing the villain, but the dialogue would make George Lucas cringe. I kept apologising to her all the way through the first half and we decided at the intermission to cut our losses and go home instead.

Quite a few movie stars whose screen careers have faded a bit and find their way onto treading the boards at panto time. Steve Guttenburg, David Hasslehoff, Henry Wrinkler, Pamala Anderson and so on have all made appearences in the past few years.

Today I have an appointment with Lori my nurse and Kristi gets to come along with me. I can see this being fun. Dribbly wet outside, but hey as long as its not high winds than pretty much any day is good one for a walk.

At work Inhumanly Tall Dave's hand is all swollen. He punched his floor apparantly. Don't ask me why. When he gets a headache he hits his head and says it makes him feel better. I don't questions about this. It works for him and other than being a bit noplussed iI leave it at that.

Anyways, off to our appointment I go.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17608 on: November 21, 2017, 09:49:13 AM »

Spent an entire day on the lake with some friends yesterday, hunting arrowheads and having a good time.
It was awfully cold in the AM, and the wind got up and blew hard all afternoon - between that and wearing a hefty pair of chest waders, I am quite stiff and sore today.  And of course, it's "let's clean the entire house of junk because company is coming" week!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17609 on: November 21, 2017, 03:33:01 PM »

So had the meeting with the Lori the nurse and Kristi. She mostly spoke to Kristi about things in my past, and things I hadn't mentioned in our previous sessions came up. Its not that I was hiding them, but each session is about 45 minutes to an hour long so there is only so many things you can get through, but by the time Kristi had finished going through everything that had happened in the past 3 years alone Lori turned round to me and said "I am surprised you don't have more than depression, in fact I am amazed you've remained a functioning human being on any level."

I think that's a good thing right? I mean if I hadn't they'd have given me more time off work so have I done the right thing?

Hmmm...

After that Kristi got around to talking about my dad and what she'd heard about him. So lots of bad stuff got dragged up and it was a bit emotionally exhausting. Possibly why I am feeling so tired tonight.

Oddly enough although I've been sleeping longer that I have at any time since I was fourteen I am finding myself tired more.

Lots of rain today. By the time I got back from the session to my work I was pretty wet through. Apparantly my field jacket isn't waterproof on the left shoulder. Guess I'll be swapping that for a new one. Volunteered to be a marshal for a race tomorrow afternoon. Doubtless I am going to be hip deep in mud on that one (its in a park in a nearby town called Foress. I used to go drinking there with friends a lot. In Foress that is, not the park). Bobette (as mentioned in a previous post) asked me if I'd mind helping out a few weeks ago. Can't think why I agreed to stand in cold rain and mud, but hey ho.

Got home and Kristi looked very tired, so sent her to bed for a couple of hours. She'll stay there until needing the toilet makes her get up. Been doing that a lot in the middle of the night and then she can't get back to sleep. Which means I don't get any sleep either. At the weekend I'd went to bed late and Kristi couldn't get to sleep. She needed a pee and didn't want to get out of bed as it was cold. Three or four hours later she still hadn't been to the toilet and she couldn't lie still so I was being kept awake too. Eventually I said "Go to the toilet" and in her childish voice she gets when she is really tired (its super cute), she was telling me back "I'll go in a minute, I'll go in a minute." Replying that she'd said that three hours ago I ripped the quilt off the bed and told her she wasn't getting it back until she went to the toilet. So she went and managed to fall asleep within seconds of getting back to bed.

Of course I stayed awake all night. Tried reading, hot chocolate, lying down in the spare bed... nothing worked, so spent the next day super tired.

The fact I had six cans of highly caffinated drinks throughout the day I am sure had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Since I cancelled my World of Warcraft account I can't say I've been missing it. Kristi still wants to get me playing again and a few of her guild mates who live nearby have tried to get me into it again, but I think after playing it for over ten years I am just done on it. While they've brought in new expansions for it, it's doing the same things in slightly different looking places and just isn't holding my attention anymore and hasn't really been for a while now. It's only been the people I've met through the game whom I've become friends with over the years that have kept me logging in. It's been fun and maybe one day I'll go back but for now it's time to say goodbye. I'll be keeping in touch with a lot of people from the game and I am still planning on meeting up with them next year since we are having a guild meet in Glasgow. Can't wait to take them all to my favourite bar there.

Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.