Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:47:13 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2715059 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17610 on: November 22, 2017, 09:06:05 AM »

I fear that if the Never-Ending Story thread here ever does end, Lionel Hutz will come from Springfield and sue this site for fraud like he hinted he did the producers of the '80s movie The Never-Ending Story.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17611 on: November 22, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »

When I die I want to be cremated, have my ashes used to fertilize a pot plant, and then be smoked.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17612 on: November 22, 2017, 05:57:41 PM »

Went into work this morning and Ali (my two up boss) popped in and asked what we had on today. I mentioned that I was doing the marshal thing for Bobette and Ali said "Oh, so she's borrowing my man power without asking me?" Ah crap. Well my one up boss (Inhumanly Tall Dave) had asked me if I could do it so I thought it had all came down through my chain of command. Me, Ryan, Rob, Steve, Inhumanly Tall Dave, Bobette and Abo the flight sergeant were all supposed to be going, but for various reasons Ryan, Steve, Inhumanly Tall Dave and Abo had to drop out on the day.

Got a lift to Forres with Rob. Heavy rain was forecast so we were wearing lots of (civvy) clothes. I'd pulled on a hoodie which caused Kristi to have a minor freak out because I hadn't put a tee shirt on underneath it (seriously). Anyway, I agreed to put a tee shirt on underneath it on the condition she stopped calling my jumpers, long sleeved tee shirts and agreed with me that they were jumpers.

Not sure that, that option didn't cause her more emotional trauma than the original issue did. You should see her if I put on two odd socks. Also freaks her younger brother out. When I said fine, one day and went out without any socks on at all this caused even more consternation. And don't get me started on what happens if I walk out of step with her.

Anyway. Turned up at the park and found Bobette (accidently wrote her real name there and had to do back and change it), pulled out my gun and badge but as it turned out this wasn't the kind of marshalling she had in mind and instead I was half way up a mountain standing at a point where I'd to tell runners to leave the road and run through the forest, down a steep muddy slope strewn with autumnal leaves. About half the trees around me were Silver Birches and I have no idea what the rest are.

When it comes to identifying trees, then Silver Birches and Weeping Willows are pretty much all I can do. And I dislike Weeping Willows.

Anyway, I pointed the runners in the right directions and shouted at the ones who ran past and went the wrong way to tell them to stop and go the right way. Some of the running styles made me chuckle, but then its not like I can do 9 1/2 km runs any more, never mind the 6 hours a day I used to spend running (sadly enough its because I used to run so much that I can't any more, but hey ho) although on a good day I can still manage a 5km run so fair play to everyone who did it. Found out there was a cemetary up the hill that I hadn't known about it previously. It looked really lovely coated in a carpet of leaves and I took some photos for Kristi. Will have to take her there some time so she can see it herself.

And yeah, ER I am sure you would love seeing it too.

Got home earlier than I'd expected which is always a bonus. Can't remember what the joke was, but something happened with Kristi that I thought was hillarious, but she was less impressed with than me. Anyway I was laughing as she was sitting on her computer chair and I wrapped my arms around her while laughing. Unfortunately I managed to inhale a whole load of her hair while breathing in.

And I got no sympathy from Kristi for choking on her hair.

Oh well. Oh the plus side, my birthday present from my sister in law Hali finally arrived. It's an album by Skyclad called "The Wayward Sons Of Mother Earth". Kristi had mentioned to her that it was on my list of things I am looking out for so she decided to buy me it. I wonder if my highly (Mormon) religious sister in law would have bought me it if she'd know it is pretty much Pagan Folk Metal? When I was a teenager me and my friends decided to create our own wrestling league. This album has my intro on it. It's not a song just a 50 second talky bit that I used. "I am the Pagan Man, I speak for all my kind. You say that I'm an animal, but this at least is true: I'm a thinking, breathing human being. What the hell are you?" Anyway, being shorter than my friends my in ring persona was "The Underheighter" My finisher was called The Low Ride. Basically I'd drop to one knee and punch the other guy in the nuts with an overly dramatic uppercut style punch. Won quite a few matches with that one.

Now I am wandering through other memories from that time, like when we decided my friends school band needed something to stand out from the crowd to make any kind of impact on the music scene and 'Disco Metal' was born.

As you can tell by our dominance of the music scene ever since, this was a highly successful venture and I have grown very rich on my managers 10% slice.

Got home and I could see that Kristi looked pretty shattered. Not slept well this week myself so I dragged her up to bed and just lay there cuddling for a few hours. I think we'd both still be there if the phone hadn't kept ringing.

Anyway, I think we are going to switch the phones off and go cuddle up some more.

Have a good night every one... what ever you are, mwah hah hah!

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17613 on: November 22, 2017, 06:51:09 PM »

I can never remember the name of this comedian...

He once mused, "Alice Cooper is a golf nut. Half The Partridge Family is in detox. I think we've been playing the wrong records backwards."

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17614 on: November 24, 2017, 09:05:42 AM »

For Christmas I am making Rob, my friend, a D&D-style role playing game that's based on Fallout, complete with weapons from the games, playable classes, factions, three races (human, super mutant, ghoul) and set in our hometown, filled with post-war landmarks all worked amid maps and mini-modules telling what happened locally that fateful autumn day. I think he'll like it.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17615 on: November 24, 2017, 12:19:55 PM »

For Christmas I am making Rob, my friend, a D&D-style role playing game that's based on Fallout, complete with weapons from the games, playable classes, factions, three races (human, super mutant, ghoul) and set in our hometown, filled with post-war landmarks all worked amid maps and mini-modules telling what happened locally that fateful autumn day. I think he'll like it.

A.  That is incredibly cool.
B.  How long does something like that take you?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17616 on: November 24, 2017, 12:36:55 PM »

I don't know, it depends on how detailed I make it, but when we were teenagers I used to make up games for us to play. It might take less time than you'd expect.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17617 on: November 24, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »

I don't know, it depends on how detailed I make it, but when we were teenagers I used to make up games for us to play. It might take less time than you'd expect.

If he doesn't love it, then he doesn't deserve you as a friend. That is an awesome thing to do.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17618 on: November 25, 2017, 10:27:46 AM »

O, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
 The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan
 We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio
 We're from Ohio... O-H
 We're from Ohio... I-O
 O, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
 The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan
 We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio

(Sorry, I'm required to say that once per year or I lose my membership card.)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17619 on: November 25, 2017, 03:56:16 PM »

Lay in bed until ooooh, at least 08:30 this morning. I seem to be sleeping much longer than I am used to, however I also seem to be constantly tired now so go figure.

Made breakfast in bed for Kristi, but she'd fallen asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake her up so I left her sleep until she got out about bed around half ten. Can't imagine what it's like to sleep quite that long. Around lunch time she was really tired so I sent her to bed for a nap. Since I then had the pleasure of my man cave all to myself I decided to have some fun.

Now, what would any red blooded male do with alone time? If I ever meet one I'll ask him. Me, I got a beer and sat and watched 80's cartoons (Bravestarr, Galaxy Rangers and The Real Ghostbusters). I miss the old 80's cartoons. I feel kids today get gypped with the crappy ones they get instead. In a large part I blame computer animation, but I guess that's just the old foggy in me.

Anyway, after Kristi got up I decided to make dinner. She was craving pepperoni pizza so I made that for her and since she doesn't like it I had the duck l'orange all to myself. After cheese and toast that is my favourite food.

We are working our way through season 2 of Stranger Things. Felt so proud when Kristi turned around and said to me "This is a very John Carpenter like soundtrack isn't it?" We took a walk to the shop and she mentioned that she had definitely come around to liking my kind of movies, although I don't think she'll ever get into watching some of the more brutal ones. Besides, I am not entirely sure I want her adopting all of my hobbies. It's important to me that she should have her own interests. I've seen many couples where one half of the partnership almost seems to lose their personality and just follows whatever their other halves does. It's something I first noticed with teenage girls getting their first loves but it is something I've seen in people ever since, especially with very dominant men. But then there are a lot of things I saw in other peoples relationships I promised myself I'd never do. Particularly when I was at college. We'd be sitting talking and most of the married guys when ever they were talking about their wife's... well I couldn't understand why they'd marry someone they disrespected so much, and they'd sit and laugh about cheating on their partners and how she'd have no idea what they were doing behind their backs. I once suggested to one of the guys that perhaps his wife was doing the same and he got pretty upset. Was convinced she'd never do that to him and that he'd know if she was.

Couldn't help but wonder if she thought the exact same thing about him.

I was tempted to see if Kristi fancied a longer watch along the beach, but the cold wind was starting to affect her voice, so we only made it to the Co-Op and back.

So tonight I need to work on stats. The next D&D game isn't until Tuesday, but I seem to have been working mostly on the part of the adventure that happens after the bit they are currently on, more than the bit they are on right now. As per usual I am sitting thinking I've made the bad guys too powerful, but each time I do that the players turn round and wipe the floor with the creatures. The one time I thought everything was balanced, well Cadmus got bitten in half. Mind you, these guys are supposed to be tougher than the party and I think a few people are going to be very upset with what happens to them. They haven't faced this type of opponent before, although they are going to be popping up again in various guises in the future...

Oh ER, I thought maybe the figures in this might give you some inspiration for the game you are doing for your friend http://www.modiphius.com/fallout.html. Was hoping to find a gallery of pictures (http://www.redbubble.com/shop/fallout+canvas-prints was the best I got) for you, but hopefully this will help a bit.

I have an incredible urge to go out one night soon and get very, very drunk. Maybe I should see if Bruce and Goatee Dave want to go have some beers next weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :)

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17620 on: November 25, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :)

OK, this has been bugging me... not like I'm losing sleep over it, exactly, but I still want to know. What are you doing in your avatar picture?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17621 on: November 25, 2017, 05:01:54 PM »

Having looked at a larger version of that photo I am drinking a beer while playing X-Com on the Play Station while sitting on the comfy armchair of DOOOOOOOOOM! (I only know this because the person who wrote it put it on FB and said that's what I am doing).

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17622 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »

Wonder if it'd be rude of me to order a pizza and have it delivered to this restaurant where we've having breakfast this morning?

javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #17623 on: November 26, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »

Wonder if it'd be rude of me to order a pizza and have it delivered to this restaurant where we've having breakfast this morning?

If the breakfast is anything like the kind you get at the Chic-A-Dee Cafe here in Topeka, I'd say that it is not only NOT rude, but a requirement.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17624 on: November 26, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »

Pizza is always an acceptable alternative!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.