Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:38 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702073 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17655 on: December 07, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »

So the expected storm hit today. Was fun walking into work as I'd to go straight into a headwind for most of the trip. I don't mind cold and rain, but I do object to high winds. Anyway, got all the way into work and then two hours later had to head back into it to meet Kristi for a midwifes appointment. Went to that and got to hear the babies heartbeat, which sounded totally different to Lilly-Beth's heartbeat. Anyway, it was awesome to listen to that. Kristi is the world's most difficult person to take a blood sample from, so when the midwife gave up we made an appointment with one of the nurses who knows how to get it out of Kristi later that day, which meant Kristi had to walk all the way home and then come out again for her second appointment. As the med centre is right at the camp gates it worked out well as we met up on my lunch break to walk home, although I was practically dragging Kristi as I tend to walk a lot faster than her normally and I wanted to get both of us home out of the weather.

Spent lunchtime trying to think of excuses not to go back to work, but the best I could come up with was "There is a polar bear sitting on the roof of my car", and that excuse works a lot less well than you might think. Possibly its from me not having a car, or it could be the lack of polar bears outside of zoo's in Scotland, but for whatever reason it tends to fail.

The last event of the Station Commanders cup was due to be held today. Since it was a 5km run outside in fancy dress and given the weather the team leader phoned up the PE'd (physcial education) flight to check if the event had been cancelled and much to all of our surprise it was still on. Everyone who was supposed to be running decided that a 70 knot with rain and snow was not something they were prepared to go out and do (bunch of light weights if you ask me).

One of the random guys (I call them random because after 4 or 5 years in the building I have realised that all bar one of the RAF people who worked there when I first arrived have since left the airforce or moved on to other postings and I can't be bothered to learn their replacements names as they'll be moved on at some point too. I was very surprised when I found out one day that at one point I was the only person in the entire building who hadn't requested a transfer to a new posting as was known as the stalwart of the section. I have no idea why everyone else wanted to move out of there. Maybe it's my aftershave. I use this stuff called Sex Panther. Apparently it works 100% of the time, 50% of the time), offered me a lift home. Although normally I enjoy the walk home tonight for a change I accepted. Random guy is one of those poor blokes whose family didn't move up with him when he got posted here, so he lives in the sergeants mess during the week and gets to see his family at the weekend. Really gets me that people think that just because I've been here so long that I must know there names, even if I've never had a conversation with them. The one guy left who has been there longer than me... well because of the shape of our office when you go to the tea bar and look out the window you can see in his window and apparently what he does for a living is play Solitaire on his computer.

It's funny but my habit of volunteering for lots of jobs that take me out of the office seem to have got me the reputation as a nice guy. I wonder what they'd say if they knew I do it to get away from people as much as possible?

Very little work was coming in today, so I got out my trusty black notepad and started writing. If you open it from the front and it is filled with work stuff. Turn to the back pages and it's random personal notes about stuff. It also now has an entire D&D dungeon for the party to explore when their time as pirates has finished.

Hmm, should I throw in an encounter where the pirates come up against a clan on ninja and settle (what is possibly) the internet's oldest question?

I think one of my favourite things in the man cave is my signed photo from Erin Gray. Whenever I feel down I can just look a little up and to my right and there she is smiling down at me with her big 80's hair. On the other hand if I am stressed out with Kristi, I just need to think of my previous relationship and remember that even on her worst day, she is better than Bev was on her best day. I've been volunteered to put up someone's tree for them on Saturday, which is fair enough, but today she turned around and asked me if I'd mind going to do the job without her as she didn't want to go out at the weekend.

Sorry, but if I am going out to do a job for you, then you are coming with me. She did the same thing the last time I was visiting my mum and she volunteered me to wash my aunts dogs. Just for the record, as much as I like dogs (and indeed most animals), I dislike the small yippy ones. Gina has two of these and they like to bite. They are the two most disagreeable dogs I have ever encountered. I don't mind doing the jobs, but I'd occasionally like to be given the choice on that one and it is kind of hard to turn round to someone and say after Kristi has offered my services to say "Erm, excuse me but I can't (or just don't want to) do that." Still being with her has many compensating factors and she is my favourite person to cuddle. Even after nearly five years of marriage the first thing we do whenever I get home from work is cuddle each other, kiss and listen to each other talk about our respective days. I like her to know I appreciate her (even when I am irritated about something) and for her always to know she is loved. Anyway, I washed my aunt's dogs but I held them under the shower by the scruff of the neck so they couldn't bite me. Seriously, that woman has something about falling for pets that bite. She had a parrot that used to take chunks out of people. Made it clear if it did that to me or mine they I'd be wringing its scrawney neck. She adored that bird though until the day it died, even after it took a sizable part of her earlobe off.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17656 on: December 07, 2017, 09:17:49 PM »

If I climb a tower in Austin or otherwise start behaving erratically, future biographers may want to note that I hit my head three times today.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17657 on: December 08, 2017, 09:51:07 AM »

I was re-watching Man on Wire, a documentary about Philippe Petit's 1974 tightrope walk between the towers of the World Trade Center, and unlike the version told a couple years ago in the movie The Walk, Petit talked about how some woman found him as soon as he was out of police custody and proceeded to vigorously jump his bones. I dunno, it just seems strange to me that as he was up there risking death on that wire, some random New Yorker was on the sidewalk with the thought running through her head, "I am SO gonna f**k that guy."

But remember, I did hit my head three times yesterday.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17658 on: December 09, 2017, 12:04:00 AM »

Does anyone know how to change the drive letters in windows 7?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17659 on: December 09, 2017, 06:18:50 AM »

Went off to bed pretty early last night to just lie and read (about seven, seven thirty). Sometime around two hours later Kristi came through just to say hi and I dragged her into bed to just lie there and cuddle. Around an hour later the pair of us drifted off to sleep together. Felt great just to be togther holding one another. I'd left the bedroom door open a bit so Dagon can wander in and out. He was doing something that was making a noise and Kristi wondered what he was doing. I told her he was playing with his favourite toy (its a plastic rod with a bit of elasticated string hanging from it with a bell on the end. He loves to chase it especially if you tie a bit of paper around it) and that on no account were his toys to be brought into the bedroom as we spend enough time playing with him in the rest of the house. Our bedroom is our place and he only gets in there occasionally.

As an aside, both me and Kristi agree on what a bedroom is for and thus no computers, TVs etc are allowed in there. I have too many friends who complain that once their partner got a laptop or whatever in the bedroom their sex life died. Although I can't help thinking if someone prefers their laptop or watching TV to sex, well you are just doing it wrong. Hmm, that has just randomly reminded me of a previous relationship I had when I was younger in the days of the infancy of the internet. I was searching online for hints and tips on how to spice up our sex life. I read a few different things from some different people and although I thought it was strange and didn't sound all that great to me I decided I'd give it a go against my better judgement.

As it turned out I was right. Me dressing up as a school girl did absolutely nothing for our sex life. Indeed I am pretty sure it did the exact opposite of what was intended.

Anyway, I digress. Just as I had finished saying this, Dagon comes into the bedroom with the bell in his mouth dragging the toy along behind him and deposits it at my side of the bed. After we'd spend a few minutes laughing at that, I did throw it back out the room. At which point he dragged his second favourite toy into the bedroom.

Cries of "Dammit Dagon!" have been resounding throughout our house on a regular basis.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17660 on: December 09, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »

I woke up feeling great this morning, not sure if the expected snow had yet fallen, so I went to the window and looked out to see the landscape bone dry, but the air was bitingly cold. The sky had an oddly clear hue to it above the shell-pink horizon, and the first rays of morning sun were painting the treetops with dappled gold, striking just the topmost branches, tattooing them with light in a way that stilled my breath and made me stare with almost poetic appreciation at this newborn world on which I get to invest another happy day.

Then my youngest came in and said, "One of your mice has died and the other mice are eating her stomach."

And so my morning began.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17661 on: December 09, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »

Karma for you on that one, I am still laughing! Who knew rodent cannibalism could be so funny?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17662 on: December 09, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »

Sitting here wondering about what to do about something. I've been thinking about it since I heard When I was younger and single I used to think that if I ever got the chance I'd quite happily grab my dad, take him somewhere remote, put a little cut... well I won't say where, but it would have the desired effect and then watch him bleed out slowly. I'd do that and serve whatever prison time required with a smile on my face. Last I heard of him he was doing some prison time for putting camera's in places where he could spy on women in toilets and that is pretty far from the worst thing he has ever done.

Think I've mentioned here that recently I've been in touch with my half brother and sister. Found out earlier that my eight year old step brother who is in therapy because of his dad tried to stab himself with a knife. What kind of... thing leaves an eight year old kid so traumatized that he will try and kill himself. Luckily his sister came down the stairs and found him before he could actually hurt himself. No doubt she is going to be traumatised by what's happened. It's going to take years of work to help him recover, if he ever does. I can only imagine the damage that has been done in their lives for what they are going to expect from relationships when they grow up. I mean, f**k when I was eight years old my biggest concern was finishing my Star Wars collection. Not sure if I had even heard of suicide.

So here I am, sitting with a bottle of moderately expensive rye, a jug of iced water and a glass getting angrier and angrier about things. I am sure I am not going to do what I really want to do. I have a wife who needs me and a baby on the way who presumably will fnd me useful at some point, if only as a source of money. But right now I really wish when I was younger I'd done something to make that chance happen. I am sure over the next couple of days I'll figure out what to do and how to help, but right now all I can feel is a somewhat impotent rage at him. I grew up in a very rough area and the people I grew up with are rather nasty. Maybe the next time I am down there I'll mention his name in a bar...

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17663 on: December 09, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »

Sitting here wondering about what to do about something. I've been thinking about it since I heard When I was younger and single I used to think that if I ever got the chance I'd quite happily grab my dad, take him somewhere remote, put a little cut... well I won't say where, but it would have the desired effect and then watch him bleed out slowly. I'd do that and serve whatever prison time required with a smile on my face. Last I heard of him he was doing some prison time for putting camera's in places where he could spy on women in toilets and that is pretty far from the worst thing he has ever done.

Think I've mentioned here that recently I've been in touch with my half brother and sister. Found out earlier that my eight year old step brother who is in therapy because of his dad tried to stab himself with a knife. What kind of... thing leaves an eight year old kid so traumatized that he will try and kill himself. Luckily his sister came down the stairs and found him before he could actually hurt himself. No doubt she is going to be traumatised by what's happened. It's going to take years of work to help him recover, if he ever does. I can only imagine the damage that has been done in their lives for what they are going to expect from relationships when they grow up. I mean, f**k when I was eight years old my biggest concern was finishing my Star Wars collection. Not sure if I had even heard of suicide.

So here I am, sitting with a bottle of moderately expensive rye, a jug of iced water and a glass getting angrier and angrier about things. I am sure I am not going to do what I really want to do. I have a wife who needs me and a baby on the way who presumably will fnd me useful at some point, if only as a source of money. But right now I really wish when I was younger I'd done something to make that chance happen. I am sure over the next couple of days I'll figure out what to do and how to help, but right now all I can feel is a somewhat impotent rage at him. I grew up in a very rough area and the people I grew up with are rather nasty. Maybe the next time I am down there I'll mention his name in a bar...

Right now, Alex, your chief responsibility in life is to be a better father to your child than your Dad was to you.  You can't do that from a jail cell.  Be wise.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17664 on: December 10, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »

Right now, Alex, your chief responsibility in life is to be a better father to your child than your Dad was to you.  You can't do that from a jail cell.  Be wise.

Agreed. I think you're just thinking out loud/daydreaming here, but you're a smart guy. I'm sure you realize that you escaped a bad situation and made a good life for yourself, so there's no point in hanging on to the bitterness. Living well is the best revenge.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17665 on: December 11, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »

Today was tough to get through at work. I didn't sleep much over the weekend. I think I had about an hours sleep last night. I had a dream I was roadying for Skid Row and they were going to play a gig on a hotel balcony. Spoke with Katrina (Aaron's mother), he was going to school today, so I guess he is doing comparatively ok and is seeing a councillor on Wednesday. I've told him he can call me anytime. Thinking about asking his mum if she'd like to have him come up and stay with us over the summer. Will have to see how things go though with the baby first.

Anyway, drank enough coke to keep me awake through work and hopefully not so much that I can't sleep again tonight. Think Kristi has decided to get rid of the bunnies. They've been setting off her allergies in a way that Dagon hasn't been. When she got them I did say that they were her pets and it was up to her what happened to them.

When I got home today she'd gotten me a present she couldn't wait a couple of weeks to give to me to so we are now listening to Evil Dead: The Musical.

AoTFan

« Reply #17666 on: December 11, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »

So I signed up for Pizza reward points at Pizza Hut months back, they give you points for every order, and you get so many points you get FREE PIZZA.  So, they had a bargain going the other night and I ordered a pizza.  You get TWO points for every dollar you spend.  Then I did some checking to find that to get a free MEDIUM pizza, I'd need 200 points, which would mean buying about $100 worth of pizza.

Er.... yay?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17667 on: December 11, 2017, 10:56:32 PM »

Huh, wonder if Fonzi really could beat up Bruce Lee?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17668 on: December 12, 2017, 03:13:51 PM »

For sure. He is just too cool to get hit.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17669 on: December 12, 2017, 03:21:24 PM »

For sure. He is just too cool to get hit.

It may depend on whether the skirmish occurs at Arnold's Diner or at Al's Diner...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.