Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:06:20 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701709 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17685 on: December 16, 2017, 10:47:19 PM »

Living part-time with a gay teenager makes for an interesting life.

ER, you really need to work that tendency of yours to, as I call it, post "Part Three of A Ten Part Miniseries" posts.

:)

Is it one of your teenagers?  (Come to think of it, do you have teenagers?  I know you have a young daughter but...)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:24:34 PM by AoTFan » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17686 on: December 17, 2017, 05:39:23 AM »

Living part-time with a gay teenager makes for an interesting life.

ER, you really need to work that tendency of yours to do that, as I call part it, "Part Three of A Ten Part Miniseries" posts.

Is it one of your teenagers?  (Come to think of it, do you have teenagers?  I know you have a young daughter but...)

My cousin's eighteen-year-old has a room here as well as at his parents' house and also with some various friends he crashes with. He shows up where whim takes him, ha. Mostly he seems to be here more often these days. I used to watch him a lot when he was little and helped bring him up and love him dearly. ( My children are 9, 6, and 5.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17687 on: December 17, 2017, 05:41:37 AM »

If those things don't quit with the sounds they make on the roof I'm going to bring the Mormons back out for a refund.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17688 on: December 17, 2017, 05:50:00 AM »

If those things don't quit with the sounds they make on the roof I'm going to bring the Mormons back out for a refund.

Your cousins 18 year old son is making noises on your roof?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17689 on: December 17, 2017, 05:55:12 AM »

Reindeer ornaments

AoTFan

« Reply #17690 on: December 17, 2017, 03:59:22 PM »

Do they ever have problem with mosquitoes in Venice?  Seems like that place would be a paradise for them!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17691 on: December 17, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »

Do they ever have problem with mosquitoes in Venice?  Seems like that place would be a paradise for them!

Yes, and because of that malaria has been endemic there throughout history. In his memoir Casanova referred to it as "canal fever." Venetians, even poor ones, slept under nets during the hot weather months. Although I've never been there I'm told the city is dirty and the canals polluted and mosquitoes swarm you wherever you go, even in daylight if you venture into shadows.

AoTFan

« Reply #17692 on: December 19, 2017, 11:06:45 PM »

I could see Eve (aka ER) doing this...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17693 on: December 20, 2017, 11:20:04 AM »

I could see Eve (aka ER) doing this...

Brilliant.

Back before we were married but had been hanging out for like a year I did once try to convince my husband I had no idea who he was when we ran into each other at Borders, but he didn't fall for it.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17694 on: December 20, 2017, 11:47:27 AM »

Three years ago, my friend Rob died. Today, people are still posting "happy birthday, hope you have a great day!" on his Facebook timeline. I find this depressing.  Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #17695 on: December 20, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »

Red Velvet (desserts) confuse Europeans. They are clueless how red velvet suppose to taste like. Maybe this should go in the "facts" thread.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17696 on: December 20, 2017, 11:14:21 PM »

A good and glorious solstice to one and all, on the morrow. Cheers Drink

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17697 on: December 21, 2017, 09:36:04 AM »

It's going to be in the fifties today and sunny, so heading off in a moment for a solstice walk in the woods with my family, to see what we see, maybe build a little stone cairn to mark the day, take some goodies in backpacks, enjoy our dear old dog while she's with us. It's times like these that keep me grounded amid the aggravations and stress of life. It's times like these that are among the most important of all.

A good day to you one and all, a solis ortu usque ad occasum.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17698 on: December 21, 2017, 11:03:06 AM »

I really hate when i write a long post and then accidently shut my browser down and lose it. Travelling to the other side of Scotland on the train with Kristi and Dagon. The rabbits are being looked after by a friend.

Been writing up some future encounters for my D&D group. Hoping to get a few weeks written up in advance. Mostly since the group has had the freedom to go anywhere and do anything it's hard to write more than a week in advance. While they are on the pirate ship I have a bit more control over them (assuming they don't go escaping). Not planning on keeping them on there forever, there is a definate scenario that brings that chapter to an end. Watch out for the name Precious being mentioned and you'll know that is coming.

After that I am hoping the group are going to head off to the abandoned castle that was mentioned to them previously. I've spent a lot of time at work when it's been quiet writing up a whole dungeon bash for them based around that. I am guessing they will then use that as a base to go hunting Mask's from.

And of course while all this is happening the course of the big war that had just broken out continues unknown to the players (although they are going to get a big reminder of that shortly).

Looking out the window at a seriously thick fog. You can hardly see the tree's at the side of the track. We are somewhere just outside Stirling currently. One of these days I need to take Kristi by Stirling castle at night when they light it all up. It really does look like a fairy tale castle.

As ER has mentioned it's the shortest day of the year tomorrow. I find it odd that we get that before winter really hits. Or at least it used to not hit until the end of January when I was a child. Now who knows when the hell it's going to happen? I've seen February's that have been hotter than July and storms that have lasted from December until May in the last few years.

When I was much, much younger this time of year would even find me dancing naked and slightly inebriated with some other pagans on a hill somewhere. General rule was either bring a six pack or a partner (mid teens to early 20s).

Heh, can't help smiling thinking back to those days. They were remarkably innocent despite everything you are thinking happened.

From Aberdeen to Dundee we'd to share a four seat with a mum and her daughter. She (the daughter) was telling us all about her life and how she was travelling down to see her kids for her alloted 2 hours per fortnight. Her husband was apparantly not a nice person and the kids were put in care and can't come home until they are 16 (currently 10 & 11) and since they couldn't be fostered locally they have a 6 hour trip to see the children for 2 hours and then another 6 hour trip home. I don't know how much of the story was completely true or things missed out. I prefer not to try and analyize the random people who chat to us too much. I used to make an effort, but if there is someone who is a nutter looking for someone to talk to in a crowded room, every time I am the one they pick.

I've still not forgiven Tom Baker (not the guy who played Dr Who), for the time 8 years ago when we were in a pub with a bunch of friends. A group of women were at the table beside us and one of them kept on trying to tell me about her amazing psychic powers. I was really enjoying the rack of ribs I was eating and I just was blanking her, but Tom started talking to her and then introduced me to her.

Cheers mate. Just what I really needed in my life was a middle aged drunk married witch who believed in crystals. Bloody crystal worshippers. Bane of my life when I was younger (early 20s). Still have contempt for them.

Anyway, Tom was amazed about how much this woman could tell him about his past. It's a good trick I'll admit, but try speaking with a psychiatrist and see what they can tell you about yourself from you just walking in the room. Anyway, she was worried about her psychic powers and that they would be a conduit for Satan to enter her mind. I drew my rune on her forehead as a protective mark to keep her quiet and give her some peace of mind.

Really, if you want someone to save you from the devil I'd suggest asking someone else.

Anyone else really. After all I've been told several times that I've been damned to hell. Mostly by old women of very advanced ages who presumably being close to themselves have some sort of mystical insight into this process.

I have wondered though what is the significance of being damned to a small town in northern Norway? Perhaps it's really boring to live there.

I was once accused of playing with dark forces beyond my control. My reply was along the lines of shrugging my shoulders and asking "Well, what else would you do with dark forces?"

Hmm, looks like we got out of the fog just in time for night to fall. It's not quite four PM here yet. Days like this I wonder why the sun even bothers rising. Hardly seems with it for the 4 to 6 hours of daylight we get mid winter.

Anyway, that's enough random ramblings for the moment I feel.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan

« Reply #17699 on: December 21, 2017, 09:41:35 PM »

This site needs a way to "bookmark" certain threads... I keep having to do searches when I want to post something to the "Picture of the Day", "Truly Terrible Joke" and the "Post a Gif You Recently Enjoyed" threads...
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.