Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:40 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702059 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17700 on: December 22, 2017, 05:48:04 PM »

Holy crap, just noticed I've made a whole 950 posts on one forum. Normally if I've made 100 on a single forum I figure I've been speaking too  much. Maybe I should stop posting here and just let ER have long posts all to herself.

Watched 'Bright' tonight on Netflix. Wasn't what I'd expected from the trailer but I haven't figured out if I liked it enough or not to recommend it. Mostly because no one would give me peace and quiet to watch it but I got a general idea of how it was going. Made me think of a bunch of novels I've been reading about The Hollows more than say Cyberpunk.

Anyway, drinking whiskey with my brother and mum. He looks like one of the Bee Gee's. I'd put up a photo but I've never quite figured out how to put them up here.

Currently we are watching a bunch of 30 year old's pretending to be teenagers (can you guess that movie?) and singing a lot about teenage sex.

I blame the women. I mean guys, if we could understand women, we'd call them men. Am I right?

Going to see The Last Jedi on boxing day. I've not told my younger brother that I've seen it already. The day after I am spending the day with my half brother and sister. Their mother has offered her the chance to spend the day with the kids, but without her but  I am not sure about spending time with them without any one else there. I'd love to know what I can say to him that would help get him over what he has been through, and I'd love to know what to say to her that I could do that would explain to her why I don't want to risk her going to see her dad, or tell her why she shouldn't care about him. Out of all of his six children she is the only one who want's any contact with him and she is the one most at risk from that kind of... person. It amazes me despite the number of laws in place to prevent it that he was able to get a job working with vulnerable teenagers after being convicted of crimes against them. A serious failing in our justice system to say the least.

Went out shopping today to get the last of the presents we needed to get, but what I really need is a 24 hour session drinking whiskey and I am sure I'd feel better about everything.

RC, where are you when I need you. ;)

Oh well tomorrow is the day before the day before chriroptractor. Or something like that. I've actually been feeling quite high this year about the holiday compared to how I've felt for about ooooh the past twenty years or so. I am also seriously looking forward to us having 'christmas' as a family next year. I'd love for it just to be a Holiday that everyone could enjoy instead of various religions trying to claim primacy over it. I think people need a celebration that people just enjoy without any further connotations.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17701 on: December 23, 2017, 02:02:59 PM »

Got down on the floor to play with Dagon a bit to distract him from attacking my little sisters feet. We picked up some toys to play with him. Unfortunately he decided he wanted to play with my face and leapt at it with his claws out, so I now have some bleeding scratches on my cheeks and Dagon is spending some time in his cage and staying very quiet. When they heal up I am going to have some new scars and Kristi knows why I've said that our cat is never to be left alone with the baby. I know he just got over excited and it was an accident but I can't take the chance of him scratching him.

The women all went out shopping today, so I had some nice peace and quiet. Wrote a little bit of the campaign. Everyone is back now and they are watching some old country and western TV show. Two women are currently singing and if you know what the 'Innsmouth Look' is then they certainly have it.

Facebook keeps trying to get me to allow it to send me notifications to my computer screen even when I am not logged into it. What the hell is the point in that? If I want to know what is happening on FB I'll damn well log in and look at it.

Wrapped some more presents. Still got a few to do but I hate wrapping and I've done enough for tonight.

Was in the local supermarket near my mums and wondering if I used to know any of the people passing me by, and if someone I went to school with walked past would I recognise them? I suspect not. I can hardly name half the people who work in the same building as me (especially the Opsies, but then if you say hello to them when they pass you by in the corridor they generally don't bother to even acknowledge your existance), but most of them are just random people to me anyway.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17702 on: December 24, 2017, 04:35:27 PM »

So was sitting with Kristi listening to random songs. Band Aid's "Do they know it's christmas?" came on. Kristi asked me who had done that song. Kind of took me by surprise that someone old enough to remember that time didn't know about it. Anyway, I explained to her it was how Live Aid started when a couple of pop stars (Bob Geldof and Midge Ure) got together after seeing harrowing footage of the famine in Ethiopia, wrote a song and got a load of the biggest pop stars of the day to all get together and sing a song to raise money, and then the USA joined in with their song and then it all snowballed into Live Aid.

It's a shame nothing that big has happened since, but then I've been wondering a lot about how international aid is spent and wither it could be doing more damage than good in a lot of these places. I am not saying that helping people is bad, but if you know how that money goes and how little actually gets to the people you want to help (although what does get through does a huge amount of good).

Elizabeth is watching the online NORAD Santa tracking thing and mentioning christmas at least 12 times every hour. She gets very excited about these kinds of things still. When I took her and my mum on holiday to Disneyworld I banned her from talking about it until two weeks before she left which must have came as a great relief to my mother.

Dagon is still (wisely) avoiding me. Although right now I am enjoying a banana beer in a new skull tankard so I feeling quite chilled out.

Wishing my friends across Europe happy holidays dependingon their time zone and what date it falls on for them. Have a good day tomorrow everyone. :)

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17703 on: December 25, 2017, 06:51:48 PM »

Recovering after eating a meal that way way too big and I still have the sweet to go. I am just letting the previous three courses go down first. My mum has never quite got the hand of the more courses the smaller the serving and instead goes the other way. My favourite thing has been a copy of The Tingler, that I am dying to watch. My aunt Janice was terrified by that movie especially when she discovered hers was one of the seats wired for an electric shock. She couldn't sleep alone or with the lights off for several nights afterwards. Shame there are no big directors out there today like William Castle.

I've already been sworn at on facebook for torturing by suggestting she should come north for a visit and watch it with me.

But then I also miss what I've always thought of as the gentlemen of horror. These men who regardless if they were good guys or bad guys seemed to be unfailingly polite. There doesn't seem to be anyone like that nowadays. Guys like Karloff, Lugosi, Lorre, Price, Lee, Pleasence and of course Cushing (there are of course many more than that, that's just the ones that jumped straight to my mind). Oh well. I wonder what a dinner party would have been like with them, just to sit and listen to their stories.

I think I need a Vomitarium to make room for my next round of food. Even struggling to get my beers down.

Been watching all the web chatter about The Last Jedi. Personally I'd rather have the director of it make the next one than go back to J.J. Honestly, for me personally the man ranks slightly higher (but not much) over Micheal Bay. I find they very much rely on action sequences over story. In fact I doubt they know the difference.

Yay finally everyone else has gone to bed (I've been writing this post for about 3 hours now, this is not unusal for me) and The Tingler is on. :) Kristi did say she wouldn't mind if just this once I brought a laptop into the bedroom and watched it in bed, but I'd rather not break that rule.

I did try and put on a christmas movie earlier, but Kristi forbade me from putting on Santa Claus Vs The Martains again. I don't understand how she can enjoy 'Elf', but not that one? Anyone it keep's coming up on all my feeds. I was hoping she'd be too distracted by the present from her older brother. He got her a David Hasslehoff album.

Good night everyone out there.... whatever you are.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17704 on: December 26, 2017, 05:26:51 AM »

If you owned a TARDIS what would you disguise it as? I was watching the Dr. Who special 2017 and just wondered what my tardis would be disguised as..

Ice want something with a door to make it easy to get in and out of, but I would also want it to  be something people generally would bit want to get into obviously.

So, yeah, I'd have my tardis disguise itself as a Yugo...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17705 on: December 27, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »

The other night during my latest 15-round bout with insomnia I was up watching YouTube videos while walking the treadmill to tire myself out, when I came across these "Flat Earth Society" clips, and while I am not at all willing to abandon the notion that we live on a globe, one thing these people brought up does stick in my head like a burr on bluejeans.

This video pointed out that water follows the course gravity sets for it and cannot via its own energy flow uphill. I think we all take that as a given. Devoid mechanical assistance water cannot flow upward.

The poster did the requisite mathematics and entered in valid data that showed that if the Nile River followed the scientifically-accepted curvature of the planet, it would have to be flowing more than three-hundred miles uphill, from its headwaters in Uganda, to its terminus near Alexandria, rising 1,267 times the height of the Empire State Building, seemingly with no artificial impetus to do so. While the mountains near its beginning are higher than the deserts of Egypt to the north, they are minuscule in comparison to the curvature present.

I was thinking perhaps the force of the drain of Lake Victoria acts to "squeeze" the waters, keeping them in motion, but in that case wouldn't we see the river flood beyond its banks at the final "low-point" creating a new lake before it hit the increased elevation? I don't think the pressure of outflow from Victoria would alone be strong enough to compel water up three-hundred miles.

So, assuming we do not live on a domed, disc-shaped world bounded 360-degrees by Antarctic ice, how does the Nile River flow northward against gravity and the planet's curve?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:11:24 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17706 on: December 27, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »

The other night during my latest 15-round boy with insomnia I was up watching YouTube videos while walking the treadmill to tire myself out, when I came across these "Flat Earth Society" clips, and while I am not at all willing to abandon the notion that we live on a globe, one thing these people brought up does stick in my head like a burr on bluejeans.

This video pointed out that water follows the course gravity sets for it and cannot via its own energy flow uphill. I think we all take that as a given. Devoid mechanical assistance water cannot flow upward.

The poster did the requisite mathematics and entered in valid data that showed that if the Nile River followed the scientifically-accepted curvature of the planet, it would have to be flowing more than three-hundred miles uphill, from its headwaters in Uganda, to its terminus near Alexandria, rising 1,267 times the height of the Empire State Building, seemingly with no artificial impetus to do so. While the mountains near its beginning are higher than the deserts of Egypt to the north, they are minuscule in comparison to the curvature present.

I was thinking perhaps the force of the drain of Lake Victoria acts to "squeeze" the waters, keeping them in motion, but in that case wouldn't we see the river flood beyond its banks at the final "low-point" creating a new lake before it hit the increased elevation? I don't think the pressure of outflow from Victoria would alone be strong enough to compel water up three-hundred miles.

So, assuming we do not live on a domed, disc-shaped world bounded 360-degrees by Antarctic ice, how does the Nile River flow northward against gravity and the planet's curve?

Magic.

It's all done by magic.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17707 on: December 27, 2017, 12:15:06 PM »

The other night during my latest 15-round bout with insomnia I was up watching YouTube videos while walking the treadmill to tire myself out, when I came across these "Flat Earth Society" clips, and while I am not at all willing to abandon the notion that we live on a globe, one thing these people brought up does stick in my head like a burr on bluejeans.

Magic.

It's all done by magic.

Oh, of course! How clumsy of me to forget the Xena rule!! A wizard did it!!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:11:37 PM by ER » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17708 on: December 27, 2017, 03:01:34 PM »

Went up to see Aaron and Leona plus their mum today in Ardrossan. Leona had messaged me to ask me if I could help her build up her computer desk and new PC. She doesn't have any tools so I'd to borrow some of my mum's since all mine are back home. I reckon doing it myself building this kind of desk would take me maybe 15 minutes. With the kids helping we got that down to... oooh an hour and a half. But I like spending time with them and showing them how to do things for themselves.

Aaron seems to have turned into a huge Star Wars fan since I gave him some figures and was delighted with some additions. He does have a lot more good guys than bad ones though so I'll have to look at getting him a Kylo Ren and some more Storm Troopers in the future.

How can someone survive without even a set of screwdrivers? But then apparently the best dating advice I can give is never trust a man who doesn't know his way around a basic toolkit.

I wanted to spend longer with them, but Kristi had arranged to meet a couple of her friends from Warcraft so we headed back to Saltcoats and spent a couple of hours chatting with them and having a drink. At least they didn't try to drag me back into the game this time. It's not the guild I was in that was the problem and moving to a new one wouldn't change things. After ten years of playing it I just simply done. Maybe in the future I'll want to go back to it, but I don't think so, so as much as Kristi want's me to move to her guild I don't see it happening.

Neither of us has slept well this week, not sure why but if you are still having insomnia ER you have my sympathy. Normally I sleep perfectly fine when I come to my mums. Kristi thinks it's because I am not in my own bed. I pointed out to her that actually, this is my own bed. Indeed I'd bought it long before we ever met.

While we were chatting with Katrina, she mentioned that she is feeling very old. Never quite understood why when people are young they want to be older and then when they get older they want to be younger. Had a girlfriend who at 30 complained she didn't feel the way she did when she was 18. Hell I am 43 I as my wife will tell you no doubt sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between me and a 12 year old. I guess that's fine though because when she gets really tired she reverts to a 3 year old. Her voice goes all little girl sounding and she says like "Me go seepy bye bye now".

I try to enjoy just being the age I am, although I do wish me and Kristi had met when we were younger and been able to have kids earlier. On the other hand life can be a wonderful journey and it takes you all sorts of unexpected places at unexpected times and I am very happy with what I do have right now and where it is going.

Another thing about age... I've never had a girlfriend who was older than me. It's never been something deliberate but for some reason every woman I've ever chatted up or in any way been involved in has always worked out to be at least two or three years younger than me (ok, in one case she was 18 when I was 29 which is the biggest age difference). Although, if I hadn't gotten involved with Kristi there was a woman a couple of years older than me who fancied me, but I knew nothing about that until some months afterwards (as per usual with me I completely missed any signs she may have gave me, and besides I am more than happy with Kristi).

Last full day at my mum's tomorrow. The day after we head back up north to Lossiemouth for New Year and a couple of days spent together. Our last one with just the two of us. Oh, finally got to see the whole of The Tingler. Elizabeth was watching it and at the part where the tingler gets loose in the movie theatre I snuck up behind her and yelled "BOO!".

Both her and my mum jumped pretty high at that point. Heh heh heh.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17709 on: December 27, 2017, 06:47:05 PM »

Went up to see Aaron and Leona plus their mum today in Ardrossan. Leona had messaged me to ask me if I could help her build up her computer desk and new PC. She doesn't have any tools so I'd to borrow some of my mum's since all mine are back home. I reckon doing it myself building this kind of desk would take me maybe 15 minutes. With the kids helping we got that down to... oooh an hour and a half. But I like spending time with them and showing them how to do things for themselves.

Aaron seems to have turned into a huge Star Wars fan since I gave him some figures and was delighted with some additions. He does have a lot more good guys than bad ones though so I'll have to look at getting him a Kylo Ren and some more Storm Troopers in the future.

How can someone survive without even a set of screwdrivers? But then apparently the best dating advice I can give is never trust a man who doesn't know his way around a basic toolkit.

I wanted to spend longer with them, but Kristi had arranged to meet a couple of her friends from Warcraft so we headed back to Saltcoats and spent a couple of hours chatting with them and having a drink. At least they didn't try to drag me back into the game this time. It's not the guild I was in that was the problem and moving to a new one wouldn't change things. After ten years of playing it I just simply done. Maybe in the future I'll want to go back to it, but I don't think so, so as much as Kristi want's me to move to her guild I don't see it happening.

Neither of us has slept well this week, not sure why but if you are still having insomnia ER you have my sympathy. Normally I sleep perfectly fine when I come to my mums. Kristi thinks it's because I am not in my own bed. I pointed out to her that actually, this is my own bed. Indeed I'd bought it long before we ever met.

While we were chatting with Katrina, she mentioned that she is feeling very old. Never quite understood why when people are young they want to be older and then when they get older they want to be younger. Had a girlfriend who at 30 complained she didn't feel the way she did when she was 18. Hell I am 43 I as my wife will tell you no doubt sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between me and a 12 year old. I guess that's fine though because when she gets really tired she reverts to a 3 year old. Her voice goes all little girl sounding and she says like "Me go seepy bye bye now".

I try to enjoy just being the age I am, although I do wish me and Kristi had met when we were younger and been able to have kids earlier. On the other hand life can be a wonderful journey and it takes you all sorts of unexpected places at unexpected times and I am very happy with what I do have right now and where it is going.

Another thing about age... I've never had a girlfriend who was older than me. It's never been something deliberate but for some reason every woman I've ever chatted up or in any way been involved in has always worked out to be at least two or three years younger than me (ok, in one case she was 18 when I was 29 which is the biggest age difference). Although, if I hadn't gotten involved with Kristi there was a woman a couple of years older than me who fancied me, but I knew nothing about that until some months afterwards (as per usual with me I completely missed any signs she may have gave me, and besides I am more than happy with Kristi).

Last full day at my mum's tomorrow. The day after we head back up north to Lossiemouth for New Year and a couple of days spent together. Our last one with just the two of us. Oh, finally got to see the whole of The Tingler. Elizabeth was watching it and at the part where the tingler gets loose in the movie theatre I snuck up behind her and yelled "BOO!".

Both her and my mum jumped pretty high at that point. Heh heh heh.

I've learned to try to use my insomnia constructively, Alex, by catching up on my reading. When I couldn't sleep I used to hide by the road waiting for a car to drive by, then walk around under a long white sheet. I was aiming to start a rumor about ghosts but then I saw the local newspaper ran a piece about KKK activity in my area, so I figured I better cool it.

AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17710 on: December 27, 2017, 08:20:50 PM »

Thinking Alex might need his own thread... maybe Alex's Adventures In Real Life or something... not really a title guy.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17711 on: December 27, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »

I met up with a friend of mine today, on a chilly, cloudy 35 degree morning, to go wading in a river.
Oh, we were both appropriately bundled up in waders, coats, and rubber boots, but we stayed in the river for the better part of seven hours!
Why?  Looking for rocks, of course.  I found arrowheads and he found mosasaur and plesiosaur bones - a pretty nice haul, actually!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #17712 on: December 28, 2017, 02:47:24 AM »

Thinking Alex might need his own thread... maybe Alex's Adventures In Real Life or something... not really a title guy.

or maybe his own blog?  I'm sure some people would be delighted  Thumbup

*edit* I just noticed ^^ that could be interpreted the wrong way. What I meant saying was, regarding "lengthy" musings about life and such.

Personally I never read wall of text posts on message boards. I just scroll down so, they don't really bother me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:00:23 AM by claws » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17713 on: December 28, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »

I think a new form of life might be evolving downstairs in my cousin's vegetable bin.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17714 on: December 29, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »

I think a new form of life might be evolving downstairs in my cousin's vegetable bin.

Wierd Al wrote a song about that. If you are not familiar with it, google Livin' In My Fridge.

Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.