Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:15:24 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2702666 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17715 on: December 29, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »

I think a new form of life might be evolving downstairs in my cousin's vegetable bin.

Wierd Al wrote a song about that. If you are not familiar with it, google Livin' In My Fridge.

I thought gay males were supposed to be fastidious but I've known some straight dumb jocks who lived in positive neatness compared to him. He has old celery stalks in there that have grown fuzz and liquefied. I tried to put him a Subway footlong in there and ended up washing my hands with Lava.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17716 on: December 29, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »

Heading home today. Would rather have waited and spent new year with my mum and family, but the tickets to come home would have been £100 more expensive.

Well that is the story I am telling you lot. I am not going to admit to having bad dreams about ER sending her flying monkey's after me. Although, if someone did it the same way as that woman in the TV thing... well that would almost be worth being attacked by flying monkeys to see (she has tattoo's on her boobs and has to shake them to summon the monkeys forth. The witch that is, not ER. Well maybe ER does as well but the witch for sure).

I think the most painful tattoo I ever saw someone getting was of a devils tail. The tip of it wrapped around his ankle and went all the way up winding around his leg until it reached... well his bum hole. You could hear the screams for quite some distance as that part was done. I was a bit surprised at him finding someone willing to do that for him.

Hmm, some guy online just asked Kristi how much her boobs weighed in pancake batter.

Countryside looked lovely. The trees barren of leaves and snow covering everything. Even gives urban area's a certain charm. All being well and no weather delays (or indeed delays of any sort) we should get home around half six at the latest.

Dagon for the first time sat on my lap like a normal cat for part of the journey home which surprised me. I wonder if we can get him to still do that at home or is it a train thing only? Kristi wore sort of regular American type sneakers for travelling today. After half an hour her feet were soaked through, so got her a pair of boots. They are very black and shiny. The instant I saw them they were christened her Dominatrix boots. Also got myself a couple more ships for my X Wing fleet and a Firefly tank (basically during WW2 the British knocked the 75mm cannon off of a load of their sherman's and mounted a whacking great 8 pounder cannon instead since the 75mm wasn't really up to the task of engaging the heavier armoured 'Big Cats' of the German's which gave a reliable tank the ability to be a serious threat to the enemy from any angle. We aleady have a platoon of ordinary Sherman's and I figured the Flirefly varient would change the balance of the battlefield a bit as well as a bit more choice on what to play against each other).

Back on the east coast now. Getting darker clouds gathering on the horizon and we'll be travelling into them. :) I like a good storm, when I can just put the heating on in the house, cuddle up close and watch some bad movies. Speaking of which we also picked up the new Mummy film on the basis that it has already been reduced to £6 and we wanted to see if it really is that bad. I have the suspician it will merely be medicore, but that is going to be tonight's entertainment.

Good night out there... what ever you are.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17717 on: December 29, 2017, 10:54:34 PM »

So. Much. Baking. Done.
Yet there's two more things to be baked.

yeah no.
316zombie
« Reply #17718 on: December 30, 2017, 07:20:38 PM »

Just for you m'dear we are having a little boy and the name is Iain Alexander Malcolm Ash Corbett.
thank you, and congratulations!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17719 on: December 30, 2017, 08:20:03 PM »

Have you ever tried to talk your cat into undergoing species change therapy and becoming a lungfish?  or is that just me?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #17720 on: December 30, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »

Wonder if it'd be rude of me to order a pizza and have it delivered to this restaurant where we've having breakfast this morning?

If the breakfast is anything like the kind you get at the Chic-A-Dee Cafe here in Topeka, I'd say that it is not only NOT rude, but a requirement.
topeka? as in kansas's state capitol? NEVER eat at cafes in kansas. diners only.
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17721 on: December 31, 2017, 12:09:42 AM »

So, the other day I got a letter from AARP offering my membership in their club.

The hell?!?  I'm only forty, for crying out loud!

Or maybe someone (coughTripleAcough) sold them my information when I got a membership from them.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17722 on: December 31, 2017, 08:14:36 AM »

Hey, there's actually some kind of frozen precipitation on my car this morning!!!!   Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17723 on: December 31, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »

While 36.6% of statistics are invented, the remaining 82.3% are completely true.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17724 on: December 31, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »

Kristi has been rather unwell today, so our day sitting downstairs and binge watching 'Fringe' has turned into her sleeping all day while I do the laundry and sort out my old vinyl albums. Looks like tonight I'll be seeing in the new year with just me and the cat. I miss when I was younger and everyone used to go around each others houses taking drink with them and just having fun with random strangers. Oh well, time moves on and people change.

Well except for the people who can't learn from their mistakes. They are stuck being who they are and it rarely seems to be working out for them, but bless 'em they keep trying no matter how many times it keeps leading to disaster for them. Anytime someone tells me that they won't change for anyone, I wonder does that include themselves? Or quite often "Really? You are happy being where you are in life? Wow, low expectations there buddy." Not that I am trying to change them, but personal learning and growth is something I've always felt should be embraced, if only to stop myself from repeating old mistakes.

Some of the older kids living next door to my mum have been smoking in their backdoor and throwing the butts into my mum's garden. Every night before I went to bed I'd pick them up and leave them in a nice little pile on their doorstep. If it's still happening the next time I go down, I'll collect them up and post them through their letter box.

Reading through the lastest spin off in 'The Lost Fleet' series. Not the best written sci fi books out there, but for some reason I keep buying and reading them. Also picked up the book of 'American Psycho' which I am sure will be a fun read when I am in the mood for a mind f**k in a 'is he really doing this or just hallucinating?' type way.

Anyway, since Kristi is sleeping I am enjoying one of those rare times when I have the house (almost) to myself. I'd imagine in the future that is going to be an even rarer commodity, so I am going to sit bit and enjoy it just as much as I can.

So tomorrow will be another year and for some reason people will be filled with enthusiasm and hope that it will somehow be better. I've always thought that if you really want to make things better then thats something you need to get off your butt and spend your entire life working at it just to improve things a little and yet to destroy all that work takes so very little effort.

Maybe the universe is just biased towards entropy.

Oh well, may the morro bring you all your heart truely desires and be of good cheer. Be filled with wonder at the possibilities and may life bring you nothing but happiness and joy.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17725 on: January 01, 2018, 09:40:29 AM »

They say everyone you meet is a stepping stone into the future, but what if the next new person you encounter kills you?

Pacman000
« Reply #17726 on: January 01, 2018, 09:43:45 AM »

Stepping stone into the afterlife?
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17727 on: January 01, 2018, 10:07:25 AM »

Looking over my facebook memories, I came across these thoughts on celebratory gunfire...

I thought it was bad enough when they first started smashing other people's pumpkins on Halloween, But now... "PLAYING" With Guns?

Don't get me wrong; I like guns, but I also like axes & machetes. But I don't feel some inane obligation to run outside & start swinging my ax around at nothing just because it's new year.

If you're going to break the law, Then for the love of God, Could you at least use quail shot?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17728 on: January 01, 2018, 04:50:42 PM »

Wondering whether I should watch the buried Louis C.K. movie tomorrow. Everyone who's seen it says it's awful, and the scandal made it unreleasable, but I guess I'm sort of curious.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17729 on: January 01, 2018, 06:41:43 PM »

Wow, a whole 1,000 posts and a whole new year to look forward to. I wonder what unexpected things await?

On the 10th of this month I'll be down to 2000 days left until I've done 22 years in the airforce. On the 13th it's Kristi's birthday and I need to remember and order her present. She wants some Jim Shore type Disney snow globe featuring Moana so I'll have to order that. Of course the baby is due at the tail end of March. Asked my uncle Alec to be the Godfather, and Kristi's sister is the Godmother.

Never thought out of all my mum's childrens I'd be the one to have my kid baptised (well ok, it's not a proper baptism as I would refuse to make that kind of decision for my children, but the Mormon's have this thing they do instead called a baby blessing which I've seen before and I am fine with). It more surprises me that my older brother never got his kids done. My mum did give a shirt and velvet waistcoat I had when I was a baby. Unfortunately someone borrowed the little baby kilt that went with it and over the years it's went missing.

Drank most of a bottle of Jack last night. There is about an inch and a half left in it. Shame Kristi doesn't drink as I'd love to get drunk with her sometime. Not that she'd be drinking at the moment any way and I don't plan on drinking any alcohol for the next several weeks.

Watched some of Dunkirk finally. After hearing everyone else telling me how good it was I've been wanting to see it for a long time. To be honest though we both found it a bit boring and put it off. I'll watch the rest of it some other time. We are watching Sleepy Hollow instead now.

Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.