Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:39:44 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701812 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17730 on: January 02, 2018, 03:53:43 PM »

Wow, a whole 1,000 posts and a whole new year to look forward to. I wonder what unexpected things await?

Based on most 20th century sci-fi I've read, the year 2018 promises rocket cars, robot overlords, and sodium-free bologna. (Though I wouldn't hold my breath over the bologna.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17731 on: January 02, 2018, 04:04:48 PM »

Wow, a whole 1,000 posts and a whole new year to look forward to. I wonder what unexpected things await?

Based on most 20th century sci-fi I've read, the year 2018 promises rocket cars, robot overlords, and sodium-free bologna. (Though I wouldn't hold my breath over the bologna.)

I for one welcome our new robotic overlords.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17732 on: January 02, 2018, 05:02:18 PM »

If movies like Dark Star Or Galaxina are any indication, I would assume, a universal loathing of chicken flavored supplements...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17733 on: January 03, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »

cat+Laser Pen=Endless Fun.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17734 on: January 03, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »

My corner of the universe is in a particularly nice state today.  TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17735 on: January 04, 2018, 03:57:28 PM »

Sometimes my five-year-old is so whiny. "Noooo, I don't wanna make my bed! Noooo, I don't wanna hang up the towels! Noooo, I don't wanna clean my personalized .410 shotgun! Nooooo, I don't wanna put my books back on my Clifford the Big Red Dog bookcase Daddy made me with his own two hands!"

Etc. etc. etc.

"Why do I have to sit at the dinner table til everybody's done? Why can't everybody eat faster?"

Hand to Heaven I vow, one morning when she didn't want to go to school, she even asked why they can't have kindergarten here instead of her having to go there? She goes, "Everybody would fit on one bus!"

She is THEE most funny dramatic child I've ever known, and therefore I bet she does great in life.

She got into this program called Daisy Scouts which is like really, really junior Girl Scouts, and if they gave merit badges for attendance, she'd be sunk, because that girl only wants to show up once a month, which is fine by me, but it is a little embarrassing that she's already figured out which meetings are the ones with cookies and punch, and those are the ones she wants to go to....that's her for you.

Freakiest thing, guess who her new personal hero is? (Replacing---oh dear God, so glad that stage is over---Taylor Swift.) Anna Kendrick. She wants to BE Anna Kendrick and has most of her movies. She rewinds scenes and mimics Anna Kendrick's poses. She repeats her lines, sings her songs, angrily tells me Anna Kendrick should have been Bella in Twilight, so they should re-film the movie. I won't let her watch Up in the Air or The Last Five Years, though I did burn her some of the safer songs off there, and she says because I won't let her watch those I am going to ruin her life.

Ruin her life.

I repeat, she's five.

While she's my littlest jewel and I wouldn't trade her for a chocolate time machine filled with money, I do wonder if there are any training programs I can enter to be ready for her teen years, because I think they're going to be a hurricane!

AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17736 on: January 05, 2018, 03:18:59 AM »

Been trying to think of ways to get out more and interact with people, but dunno, options are kind of limited when you're poor, agnostic and don't drink.   Bluesad
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17737 on: January 05, 2018, 07:21:04 AM »

Been trying to think of ways to get out more and interact with people, but dunno, options are kind of limited when you're poor, agnostic and don't drink.   Bluesad

Volunteer work for a charity?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17738 on: January 05, 2018, 08:43:05 AM »

Volunteer work for a charity?

Second volunteering: it can also provide you with a resume item. You could also look for stuff here--- https://www.meetup.com/ --- or even post something of your own.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17739 on: January 05, 2018, 01:26:14 PM »

If convincing people that he doesn't exist was the devils greatest trick, was convincing people that he does gods?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17740 on: January 05, 2018, 01:38:27 PM »

If convincing people that he doesn't exist was the devils greatest trick, was convincing people that he does gods?
Maybe it's the absinthe talking but , Alex, that makes no bleedin' sense. Something has to exist before it can  do anything. Except neutrinos. Neutrinos are the exception than proves the rule.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17741 on: January 05, 2018, 01:39:36 PM »

Maybe it's the absinthe talking but , Alex, that makes no bleedin' sense. Something has to exist before it can  do anything. Except neutrinos. Neutrinos are the exception than proves the rule.
Doesn't have to make sense, its a random thought.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17742 on: January 05, 2018, 01:41:27 PM »

Doesn't have to make sense, its a random thought.
Oh, yeah....

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17743 on: January 05, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »

Been playing Total War: Warhammer 2 recently. Since I also have the first game, I downloaded a patch that basically combines both games and gives you a huge world map to play on. Indeed I'd possibly suggest too huge as once you've conquered a decent sized part of the map your empire becomes very hard to manage.

Anyway, I've been playing as the Dwarfs who are slow, but have solid melee and missile fire (especially the siege weapons) and tend to wear lots of armour. Currently I am waging a war against the Vampire Counts of Sylvania, who have lots of magic (of which I have none at all) and lots of undead. So much in fact that one of my armies got ambushed by a couple of theirs and left me facing odds of around 6:1, however fortunately I had reinforcements nearby which took me down to a mere slightly over 2:1 against. My initial army though would have to stand alone until the reinforcements got there.

Bugger.

The trick with fighting undead is you need to take out whoever is in charge of the army. Without the Vampire or Necromancer (in this case it was two Necromancers who also happened to be legendary heroes for the bad guys, Heinrich Kemmler and Herman Ghorst for anyone who knows the fluff in that game) their army starts to crumble. Ok, so key to victory, hit the Necromancers until they move no more, hit them a bit more to make sure they don't get back up (because you just can't trust the undead, they've already came back once). Remember though I have all those siege weapons.

Anyway, I was on a mostly flat battlefield with a small copse of trees near my rear of the battle, so I set my troops up there. My crossbows went into the front of the trees while my axemen waited behind them hidden as best as I could, with the intention that as the enemy got close they would run out and surprise them (as much as a zombie, ghoul or skeleton can be surprised). My artillary would start on my centre right, close to the trees so when they came under attack my infantry would be able to help. I was also set up as close as possible to where my reinforcements would be appearing and as far as possible from the enemy. Plan is, make them march towards me while I sit back, hit them with long range weapons, then mop up in melee.

Hopefully I haven't completely lost anyone still reading this far. But there is a good reason for this post being this way, so stick with it if you've read this far. ;)

Everything started out great, my reinforcements got into place before the undead got into range of my weapons. I started my catapults and bolt throwers attacking the enemy cavalry and pounded the hell out of them until the enemy got within charge range (still heavily outnumbering me) and had the little guys with the big axes run out. As they did, I thought "Oh bugger, I was supposed to be pounding the necromancers, argh, everyone fire at them / attack in close combat."

Anyway, at the end of the battle I had one guy left standing (my Dwarf king) and all the undead were now un-undead.

And the reason for this post with a battle report write up that I'd not normally ever do. I just feel really stoked that I am actually managed to win it and wanted to shout about it a little.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17744 on: January 05, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »

Check out my new signature. Live by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOROvO2fxTc

take away the "s"

it becomes

! No longer available Small | Large

Magic!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.