Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:00:47 AM
713332 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701707 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17805 on: January 22, 2018, 02:25:14 PM »

Just cancelled my phone service because I got a different cheaper one and I need to save money any way I can.  Had this phone for like three years now so I kind of feel a bit sad, like I'm breaking up with someone.  

Is it weird to anthropomorphize your telephone service?

Would it help if you kept your old number?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17806 on: January 22, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »

Just cancelled my phone service because I got a different cheaper one and I need to save money any way I can.  Had this phone for like three years now so I kind of feel a bit sad, like I'm breaking up with someone.  

Is it weird to anthropomorphize your telephone service?

Would it help if you kept your old number?

Ahh... maybe, but I've already sent out notices to everyone (includings my docs) about the new numbers. 

Besides, I think it's just me being weirdly emotional again. 
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17807 on: January 22, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »

While my head is thinking about women from my past, I was looking over my old scars, the ones that are named after the women who were is some way responsible, and the more anonymous ones without titles and I saw the thin strip that runs over my right bicep, continues over on my chest and curls around my left side and round to my back.

I was in my girlsfriends room one day and she was asking me if I fancied trying something a bit different. She had bought a whip and handcuffs and wanted to try them out. Thinking this wasn't my usual sort of thing, but hey I'll give most things a go at least once I said yes, and went to stand up to go over to her and kiss her. I remember my left hand grabbing the bed post to lever myself up with a strange clarity. Then...

I can't remember hearing the crack, but for a few seconds my chest felt strangely cold. I looked down and saw my tee shirt seemed to have somehow got ripped. I wasn't quite sure why and strangely an almost detached voice in my head after what I guess was a few seconds said "Oh look, you are dripping blood on her carpet."

A few moments (or it could have been minutes. Time seemed to be flowing oddly at this point) after that the searing white hot pain suddenly kicked in across my torso. My hands went touching my chest, and where ever they touched seemed to come away with blood on them. My chest didn't feel right, there was something like a snake on it. The bottom half of my tee shirt was hanging off in places and I was apparently wearing a red tee shirt beneath it.

My shocked brain couldn't quite grasp what had just happened. I could see blood running down all around me, and I had the horrible thought that I had somehow just been cut in half, and that if I tried to move my top half would just topple off.

In a few more moments reality started to filter through and I realised what had actually happened. I looked round at my (at this point I think it is safe to say suddenly ex) girl, her eyes wide in shock, her mouth a perfect 'O'. My hands were all red, my tee shirt and chest a bloody ruin, more red stuff was covering my right arm. In her hand was the uncoiled whip, sagging in the middle, but being held up by my body. I realised I was having a bit of trouble breathing as I fell back down on the bed.

Again the little inside voice spoke this time saying "Now you are getting her sheets all messy. Isn't that clever?"

Outside voice croaked "I don't think that's quite how you are supposed to do it."

The moral of this story, if it indeed has one is never try kinky stuff with a first timer. Also, if I've picked out a girlfriend, she is about as far from the shores of sanity as you can get. In fact, the part of that map they'd be on is marked "Here Be Dragons!"

Before you ask about Kristi, she was the one who made the first move. Although this also gives me doubts to her sanity.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:02:34 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17808 on: January 22, 2018, 07:05:43 PM »

NOTICE

Your noticing of this post has been noticed.  The authorities have been duly notified, and you are on notice until further notice that you will be notified when they finally notice the notification and notify you that your noticing was noticed.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AoTFan

« Reply #17809 on: January 22, 2018, 10:22:34 PM »

Don't think I've ever used the glowing text before, thought I'd try it out.

Was going to try making a table, but couldn't think of anything to put in it...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17810 on: January 23, 2018, 01:57:49 PM »

After the day I've had today Kristi has decided to vacate the man cave for the night and let me de-stress by listening to some loud music. Ah, Queenryche, you never did manage to beat Operation: Mindcrime and Empire, but they are awesome albums.

Going to rewatch IT tonight, see how it stands up to a second viewing and do some writing. I see 'The Shape Of Water' is up for 12 Oscar nominations. I wonder if it wins a good haul if Del Toro would be finally able to make 'At The Mountains Of Madness'? Now that would rock.

Take care everyone, and give your loved ones an extra hug. Just because.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17811 on: January 23, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »

Did you know that the word "acronym" is itself and acronym?

It stands for:

Alphabetic Characters Replacing Other Names.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17812 on: January 24, 2018, 09:37:43 AM »

Watching a movie in the theater the other day.

A character warns Alma about how you can tell poisonous mushrooms from edible ones because of the gills, and advising her to read the book on poisonous mushrooms in the kitchen.

Later we see Alma looking at the gills on a mushroom she collected.

She picks up the book and compares it to the illustration of a poisonous mushroom. It looks just the same.

We see her chop it up and cook it.

Later we see the man she works for collapse, vomit, and go into a fever.

Lady two seats down whispers loudly, "Do you think she poisoned him?"

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AoTFan

« Reply #17813 on: January 25, 2018, 03:12:21 AM »

I just realized something... both "bi" and "di" in chemistry terms mean "two".

Wonder why they don't just use one of them and stick with it...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17814 on: January 25, 2018, 11:16:21 AM »

I bet ninety percent of my cussing in life happens on this site. Wonder why that is? I hardly ever say cuss words but I use them more often in  written form.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17815 on: January 25, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »

I bet ninety percent of my cussing in life happens on this site. Wonder why that is? I hardly ever say cuss words but I use them more often in  written form.
Probably is a form of venting would be my guess.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17816 on: January 25, 2018, 12:15:06 PM »

I bet ninety percent of my cussing in life happens on this site. Wonder why that is? I hardly ever say cuss words but I use them more often in  written form.
Probably is a form of venting would be my guess.

I solemnly vow to reduce my BMDO cussing by 42%, except on days that end in y. Eff those.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17817 on: January 25, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »

I just realized something... both "bi" and "di" in chemistry terms mean "two".

Wonder why they don't just use one of them and stick with it...

Doesn't "bi" entail a duplicate or a copy, & "di" mean a split or a fraction or something?

I mean, I think I'd find it a wee bit disturbing if the LGBT movement started including disexuals...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17818 on: January 25, 2018, 02:26:23 PM »

A friend of mine just mentioned that with three small children he hardly has any time to himself, and I told him a hip flask of gin can be a parent's best tool for getting through the day: give it to the kids and you won't hear a peep outa them for hours.

AoTFan

« Reply #17819 on: January 26, 2018, 10:54:36 AM »

A friend of mine just mentioned that with three small children he hardly has any time to himself, and I told him a hip flask of gin can be a parent's best tool for getting through the day: give it to the kids and you won't hear a peep outa them for hours.

Or benadryl, the seven dollar babysitter!
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.