Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:11:15 AM
714259 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2717042 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18495 on: November 13, 2018, 11:10:37 AM »

We live in a culture in which men self-identify as women, and women self-identify as men, and whites self-identify as blacks (and Michael Jackson self-identified as all of the above), so five and a half weeks before my fortieth birthday I've decided to self-identify as a twenty-five-year-old.  Sound good?

Then this might interest you.

http://news.sky.com/story/man-69-who-identifies-as-20-years-younger-begins-legal-battle-to-change-age-11547764

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18496 on: November 13, 2018, 02:09:29 PM »

I'm 50 and I act like I'm 20. Mid-life crisis is f'n awesome, I feel like I've been training for this all my life! I live just like I wanted to live in college, only now I have the know-how and finances to pull it off.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #18497 on: November 13, 2018, 02:42:08 PM »

We live in a culture in which men self-identify as women, and women self-identify as men, and whites self-identify as blacks (and Michael Jackson self-identified as all of the above), so five and a half weeks before my fortieth birthday I've decided to self-identify as a twenty-five-year-old.  Sound good?

http://news.sky.com/story/man-69-who-identifies-as-20-years-younger-begins-legal-battle-to-change-age-11547764

Whoa, I was joking, but that's a real thing? What a crazy world. Creative, though.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18498 on: November 13, 2018, 05:44:27 PM »

Whoa, I was joking, but that's a real thing? What a crazy world. Creative, though.

Never think that anything you have seen is the weirdest or stupidest thing possible, 'cos someone out there will always prove you wrong.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18499 on: November 14, 2018, 02:34:05 AM »

Looking into how to write a good query letter...

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18500 on: November 14, 2018, 03:07:50 AM »

Would a necron doomsday ark be better against heavy vehicles than a necron monolith?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18501 on: November 14, 2018, 05:37:46 AM »

Not being familiar with the current ruleset I couldn't answer that, although back when the Necron's first appeared every scarab you got in contact with an armoured vehicle reduced its AP by 3. Even just two of them meant a Land Raider might was well be made out of toilet paper when you were being shot at.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #18502 on: November 14, 2018, 06:02:45 AM »

Believe me,  things have changed .

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18503 on: November 14, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »

One of those rare occasions today where I had to dismiss (i.e. fire) an intern.

I halfway liked this girl and half the time she rubbed me the wrong way with her constant, almost pathological discussions of how flat-chested she was, but her thing was she'd never use one cuss word where three might fit, and I'm not a prude, I grew up partly in a country where cuss words fly like raindrops in a North Atlantic gale, but this girl was high on even that scale and I've cautioned her before that say mostly what you want in the break room or at lunch, or after hours, but on the floor be careful because we do teleconference with clients and it's not unknown for clients to be in the office, so she was more than briefed there, but today she let loose with a blue streak that'd make Popeye's evil twin brother Poopeye blush, and I was waving her down like shutupshutup and she looked right at me and still finished her eff-word-laden sentence, right when our boss was on speaker phone with a mealy-mouthed client who has the disposition of a nun with PMS, and fortunately he closed his door and later said the client gave no indication of hearing her but that was too much, so.... Ze axe she did fall on ze neck.

It's stressful (to me anyway) to have to tell someone it's ain't working, sorry, and she took it badly and cried but okay, she was warned.

Still, it kind of ruins my day.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18504 on: November 14, 2018, 03:49:21 PM »

One of those rare occasions today where I had to dismiss (i.e. fire) an intern.

I halfway liked this girl and half the time she rubbed me the wrong way with her constant, almost pathological discussions of how flat-chested she was, but her thing was she'd never use one cuss word where three might fit, and I'm not a prude, I grew up partly in a country where cuss words fly like raindrops in a North Atlantic gale, but this girl was high on even that scale and I've cautioned her before that say mostly what you want in the break room or at lunch, or after hours, but on the floor be careful because we do teleconference with clients and it's not unknown for clients to be in the office, so she was more than briefed there, but today she let loose with a blue streak that'd make Popeye's evil twin brother Poopeye blush, and I was waving her down like shutupshutup and she looked right at me and still finished her eff-word-laden sentence, right when our boss was on speaker phone with a mealy-mouthed client who has the disposition of a nun with PMS, and fortunately he closed his door and later said the client gave no indication of hearing her but that was too much, so.... Ze axe she did fall on ze neck.

It's stressful (to me anyway) to have to tell someone it's ain't working, sorry, and she took it badly and cried but okay, she was warned.

Still, it kind of ruins my day.

That is why I threatened to punch a friend if he did not stop swearing constantly in front of Ash. Told him that while I know Ash will swear, I want him to know there are times when you can and times when you just don't.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18505 on: November 14, 2018, 07:39:57 PM »

Millenials sometimes have to learn lessons the hard way; one of those lessons being this concept called "Business Decorum."
I have a Navy vocabulary that still lurks in my mind,  but I work in a Christian school where using it in front of my students could get me in a spot of hot water.  So I taught myself to swear in Latin a few years ago, so when I absolutely HAVE to say something, no one knows what I said!

Mentula cacat!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18506 on: November 14, 2018, 09:33:44 PM »

So, one of my rather diminutive 7th graders came up to me at the beginning of class and said:
"Mr. Smith, can I run to the gym real fast?"

I replied: "Not on those little legs!"

He gave me the look, then burst out laughing.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #18507 on: November 15, 2018, 04:42:36 AM »

Millenials sometimes have to learn lessons the hard way; one of those lessons being this concept called "Business Decorum."
I have a Navy vocabulary that still lurks in my mind,  but I work in a Christian school where using it in front of my students could get me in a spot of hot water.  So I taught myself to swear in Latin a few years ago, so when I absolutely HAVE to say something, no one knows what I said!

Mentula cacat!!

There's always klingon...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18508 on: November 15, 2018, 10:48:10 AM »

I let the intern come back. She wrote me last night asking for another chance, so I said sure, it wasn't the same without you. She then asked if "fug" was an acceptable substitute and I said no but frak was.

Don;t you love happy endings?

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18509 on: November 24, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »

b***higan! b***higan! Michigan's our b***h again!

Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.