Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:36:25 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2701461 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18810 on: February 22, 2019, 08:50:38 PM »

I sometimes wonder how much salt to add to boiling water when cooking pasta. I always thought 1-2 teaspoons is enough, but apparently not. I've seen Buzzfeed videos on youtube were they throw a half cup of salt in a normal sized pot, with the explanation that pasta water should taste like the ocean.
Not even Gordon Ramsey does that  Buggedout

I don't salt my pasta water at all, I don't see a reason to.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18811 on: February 23, 2019, 01:17:20 AM »

I sometimes wonder how much salt to add to boiling water when cooking pasta. I always thought 1-2 teaspoons is enough, but apparently not. I've seen Buzzfeed videos on youtube were they throw a half cup of salt in a normal sized pot, with the explanation that pasta water should taste like the ocean.

I have been under the impression it helps keep it from sticking together.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
claws
« Reply #18812 on: February 23, 2019, 02:08:46 AM »

Not even Gordon Ramsey does that  Buggedout

It adds flavor to the pasta because they soak up the salty water. It is recommended to reserve a cup of salty pasta water for use in preparing the sauce or whatever. At least that's what most professional cooks do in videos I've seen.
They say the myth about adding oil to the water to prevent the pasta from sticking together is not true. They won't stick when adding oil, butter and pasta water to the drained pasta afterwards. Again, that's what they say.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18813 on: February 25, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »

Gwynthe Paltrow has announced she is quitting the Marvel movies.

Doesn't she mean they are having a conscious uncoupling?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
316zombie
« Reply #18814 on: February 26, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »

i don't either, i just give it a spritz of oil. salted water is for veggies or potatoes, not pasta, no offense to gordon.
316zombie
« Reply #18815 on: February 26, 2019, 04:52:09 PM »

Not even Gordon Ramsey does that  Buggedout

It adds flavor to the pasta because they soak up the salty water. It is recommended to reserve a cup of salty pasta water for use in preparing the sauce or whatever. At least that's what most professional cooks do in videos I've seen.
They say the myth about adding oil to the water to prevent the pasta from sticking together is not true. They won't stick when adding oil, butter and pasta water to the drained pasta afterwards. Again, that's what they say.
  i've been a pro for 40 years, and grew up with 2 italian and one portuguese uncle. no salt in the pasta water, just oil. then if i need to "hold" the pasta, i oil it. like with shells to stuff, i oil it, but then i do those differently than most people too, and i've never had the pasta end up overcooked like most restaurants  seem to be. all root veggies need salted water, and so do legumes and corn. for stuff like green beans or peas, add a pinch of baking soda, that gives you the necessary sodium and keeps them a nice bright green.
316zombie
« Reply #18816 on: February 26, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »

wait, i take that back. if it's rice noodles or colored noodles, i do add a pinch of salt.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18817 on: February 26, 2019, 06:18:48 PM »

Next up on cooking with bad movies: milk in scrambled eggs, creamy goodness or affront to God?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Bushma

« Reply #18818 on: February 26, 2019, 08:04:13 PM »

Next up on cooking with bad movies: milk in scrambled eggs, creamy goodness or affront to God?

If you need to add milk, you need to learn how to cook eggs.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #18819 on: February 26, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »

You can offend god by cooking eggs with milk?  Boy, talk about thin skinned...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18820 on: February 27, 2019, 01:12:36 PM »

My last rehearsal tonight before the show on Saturday, woohoo.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #18821 on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »

The is what Google had to say about salt in pasta water

Adding salt to water adds flavor to the water, which is absorbed by the food. ... Another reason salt is added to water is because it increases the boiling point of the water, meaning your water will have a higher temperature when you add the pasta, so it will cook better.

It adds flavor and it cooks better. I guess one of those is a proven fact, the other is debatable  Bluesad
AoTFan

« Reply #18822 on: March 01, 2019, 04:58:06 PM »

Is it just me or are "sweaters" a lot thinner than they used to be? 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18823 on: March 01, 2019, 05:37:46 PM »

I add a little milk to scrambled eggs.
As far as salt in noodles. Never. I do add a wee bit bit of oil, and when they'e done I, I mix in some butter.
Then sauce on top.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Bushma

« Reply #18824 on: March 01, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »

Maybe it's because I'm now officially old, 40.

But, what is it about getting a nice buzz going and playing Wii bowling that makes for a great Friday night?

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.