Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:34:13 AM
714155 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Amanda Bynes Show « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Amanda Bynes Show  (Read 6511 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« on: January 08, 2008, 12:16:04 AM »

I watched this a few years ago when I lived in Canada.

It was HILARIOUS.  Amanda Bynes is a natural comic talent.  All the characters she played and the crazy sketches had me in stitches.

I usually hates kids' shows, but this one was awesome.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:25:07 AM »

Dan Schneider from Head of the Class created/produced this.  Dude's got a loooong list of shows he's done/created/produced.  Funny thing is, the Amanda Bynes show was a spinoff of All That, which I used to watch back in the day.  First 5 years or so had good cast members, which included Amanda.  I watched her show and it was pretty funny, and I even watch the spinoff (of sorts) of that, a show called Drake and Josh.

Nickelodeon was a good network until about 2000.  Then it went to hell.  Only shows that make that network worth looking at are SpongeBob and Drake and Josh. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:46:52 PM »

I loved Spongebob so much I bought the movie on DVD.  Whenever I'm feeling down about anything, I can put him on and it never fails to cheer me up.  Never saw Drake and Josh though.  I don't have cable, it's still too expensive in this country.

I also really loved Angry Beavers, Johnny Neutron, Sticking' Around Teen Angel and Johnny Bravo ("must be great being you, lookin' at me")   BounceGiggle

There was another kid's sketch show, may have been Amanda Bynes, not sure, where this black kid would play a crazy Jamaican cab driver and the show's special guest would end up fearing for their lives while they bounced around in the back.  The kid had me in stitches, especially when his "wife" rang to complain about going into labour and he said, "why you calling me?  call 911!"

I miss North American cable tv!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 08:15:12 AM »

I'm not quite sure about that Jamaican sketch.  Sounds familar.  Might have been All That, which Amanda was on for a while.  I miss that show a bunch.  All That spawned off the skit "Good Burger." 

Myself, I wish they were showing Ren and Stimpy again.  That show was hilarious.

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »

Man, there were so many good shows on Nick back in the day.

Anybody else out there like/remember Pete and Pete?
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 09:02:40 PM »

Man, there were so many good shows on Nick back in the day.

Anybody else out there like/remember Pete and Pete?
I loved Pete and Pete.  In fact, I have the second season dvd's.  Pop them in now and then.  I wanna get season one.  Any show that hilarious, plus the fact that they had on odd guest stars like Iggy Pop and Steve Buscemi, is a good show.

Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »

Ed, Edd and Eddie was hilarious as well.  They didn't have really funny stuff like that when I was a kid.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 10:08:21 PM »

I grew up watching Nick in it's heyday, late 80s / early 90s.  I loved shows like "You Can't Do That On Television", "What Would You Do?", "Finders Keepers", "Double Dare", etc.  In the 90s, they shifted their focus more towards cartoons.  I still have a fondness for "Doug" after all this time.

My daughter watches more Cartoon Network than anything else now.  I've found some of the shows to be extremely funny.  She seems to have the same sense of humor as me, even at age 4.  She loves Billy and Mandy.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 09:36:38 AM »

I grew up watching Nick in it's heyday, late 80s / early 90s.  I loved shows like "You Can't Do That On Television", "What Would You Do?", "Finders Keepers", "Double Dare", etc.  In the 90s, they shifted their focus more towards cartoons.  I still have a fondness for "Doug" after all this time.

My daughter watches more Cartoon Network than anything else now.  I've found some of the shows to be extremely funny.  She seems to have the same sense of humor as me, even at age 4.  She loves Billy and Mandy.

They had Doug on Robot Chicken recently.  He's at a bar and some guy's like, "Hey aren't you Doug Funnie?"  Doug's sitting there with a shot glass like, "Huh, yeah."  All depressed.

I loved Nickelodeon.  Pete and Pete, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Double Dare, All that, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, etc. were great shows.  Now it's "Zoey 101" a god awful show.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Amanda Bynes Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.