Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:26:31 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  NATIONAL TREASURE - BOOK OF SECRETS (some spoilers) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NATIONAL TREASURE - BOOK OF SECRETS (some spoilers)  (Read 3532 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: January 12, 2008, 12:40:57 AM »

My wife and I went out for her birthday and saw this one at the theater tonight (I get to actually GO to a movie maybe 3 times a year, so it was a real treat!)

This movie is VERY similar to the first one, so if you liked the one, you'll like the other.  I had to shut off my history brain for awhile to overcome some of the incredible "reality flaws" in it, but once that was done, this was an incredibly FUN popcorn movie, and they left it WIDE open for another sequel. Nick Cage gets to break into Buckingham Palace, buzz the Statue of Liberty's little sister with a remote controlled helicoptor, sneak into the Oval Office, and kidnap the President . . . and once more, walk away without a scratch, and without going to jail!  Not to mention he's still cavorting with a hot blond half his age, who has a PhD!  Oh, and there was a city of gold along the way, too.

Is it wrong to want to be a fictionary character?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »

Funny, this was also the first movie my wife and I saw in the theatre since the summer.

We enjoyed it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 12:32:51 PM »

This and the previous National Treasure movie may not be the critic's choice but they are great viewing for mixed audiences.  A good movie you can take the kids to.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 09:38:52 AM »

Minor spoilers

Being a tight wad I waited for the DVD which came out yesterday and my wife and I watch it last night. I think it was better than the first one. It was enjoyable and not as puzzle dependent as the first, but as with every movie it was full of errors, but so what. And there is some completely implausible and unbelievable moments that could never ever happen in real life, like the Pres will leave a party alone to go explore with Gates ... a yeah, right.
Clearly page 47 means there will be a NT3.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 08:02:07 PM »

Yes, NATIONAL TREASURE: BOOK OF SECRETS was good. Just one of the few things I liked about it was that they went to the Black Hills in South Dakota. More specifically shooting in the Needles portion of Custer State Park and Mt. Rushmore.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 10:43:07 AM »

I saw this at the theater with my brother, we were extremely surprised that nobody laughed during it, not even during the Buckingham Palace scene when Nick Cage was yelling and screaming in various British accents.  We were roaring during that.  I'll have to buy it.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Ometiklan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »

page 47  hmmmm...

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  NATIONAL TREASURE - BOOK OF SECRETS (some spoilers) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.