Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:40:16 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Kids say the darndest things (and so do In Laws) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kids say the darndest things (and so do In Laws)  (Read 3023 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 12, 2008, 09:37:43 PM »

This is my youngest niece, Evelyn (or Eve, as I like to call her.)  Adorable little girl, isn't she?  (You better say, "Yes", dammit!)

Anyway, I was talking to her mom, my stepbrother's wife Beverly, and she told a story about how, despite how quiet she can be at family gatherings, Eve is WAY more prone than her brother Mike to say pretty much whatever pops into her head.  For example, one time they were at Wal-Mart doing some shopping when they happened to be line next to a lesbian couple.  One of the girls was obviously the "man" in the relationship, as she had very short hair and was dressed in mannish clothes.

As Bev puts it, "Well, Eve just looked right at her said, rather loudly, 'Are you a girl?' And I just about DIED.  The woman just glared at me, and I'm like, 'Oh, I'm really sorry...'"

Then Carl, my sister's husband, being the blunt as ever Good Ol' Boy that he is, said, "I wouldn't have apologized, I would have said, 'Well, lady, if you'd dress like a woman you wouldn't have this problem."

I hate to say it, but he's got a point there...

Don't get me wrong, got nothing against lesbians, or women looking mannish, but still, you gotta admit it can get confusing at times, and as I said, "Well, I'm pretty sure that's not the FIRST time she'd been asked that question."

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:53:31 PM »

I hear that BTM.

My mother tells this story of when I was about 4 years old.  Being the eldest and only grandchild at the time, I spent a lot of time in the company of adults and as a result learned to talk like them and about topics that other kids didn't have a clue about.  My favourite doll at the time was a golliwog, which was a soft cloth doll that looked like one of thos black and white minstrel guys.  He had striped pants and everything.  I just loved Golly so much!

One day mum and I were waiting at the bus stop after shopping.  A black guy sat next to us and I was wide eyed looking at him.  I turned to my mother and said, fascinated, "Mum, that man looks like a golliwog!"

Of course my mother turned all shades of purple and sputtered her apologies to the guy.  He just laughed and said, "no problem."  Apparently he was more fascinated that offended and the whole time we were waiting I engaged him in lively conversation.

When the bus came, my mother dragged me up the steps, all the while with me waving to the guy left behind.

Another time, again waiting for the bus, a went up to a lady who had shopping bags at her feet and asked her what she bought for me!  TeddyR  The lady apologised and said nothing, but she was laughing.  Again, my mother was mortified and apologised profusely to the woman.  I didn't understand what the fuss was about.  She had shopping bags, it was only natural she should have bought me something  *lol*

Adults used to love to talk to me, because it was, as my aunt once said, "like talking to a little old lady."   BounceGiggle

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
BTM

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »

BTW, did the guy even know what you were talking about?

Can't say I've heard of those type of dolls myself, even though I work in a toy store.  Guessing they haven't been made in awhile.

You know, reminds of this article they had at Somethingawful.com about "Kids say the most devestatingest things."  Which had all this stories from people and they things they said as children that REALLY embarrassed the hell out of their parent or got them in trouble.

Man, I gotta see if I can find that again... ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 12:46:37 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
dean

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:39:57 AM »

My girlfriend's cousin is pretty much screwed up.  Her family is nuts, very open about their sex lives and she has certainly got the screwy gene too.

At a recent party they had extended family and friends around.  This little girl is 11/12 and was talking about various things, like buying a dress for her year six formal and things like that.  First of all its wierd enough that they have a year six formal, but anyways, she yammered about that for a while coming across as a very materialistic little bihatch, saying things like 'like' every two seconds, and about how dress choice is important etc.  She also speaks very very fast.

But then she started rattling off the really worrying things, like telling my 22 year old friends that they were naive because they didn't give out hand-jobs when they were 12.  That was pretty nasty.  Then she went onto say something about how she didn't understand weed, and that is was a more wise investment to 'grow crystal meth' because it has a better resale value or something along those lines.

She is a very messed up kid and I really do worry about her...  Buggedout  Bluesad

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:11:25 PM »

BTW, did the guy even know what you were talking about?

Can't say I've heard of those type of dolls myself, even though I work in a toy store.  Guessing they haven't been made in awhile.

You know, reminds of this article they had at Somethingawful.com about "Kids say the most devestatingest things."  Which had all this stories from people and they things they said as children that REALLY embarrassed the hell out of their parent or got them in trouble.

Man, I gotta see if I can find that again... ;)

Yeah, I was 4 in 1970, so it was a long time ago.  These dolls had wide white mouths, black faces and corkscrew curly black hair with big friendly eyes.  He also had a shirt and waistcoat with white gloves and the  stripey pants.  They were big sellers here in Australia, but I don't know if they sold them anywhere else.

Nobody seemed to take offence in those days and I remember just loving the thing to bits.  The guy understood what I was talking about, I guess that's why he laughed.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Kids say the darndest things (and so do In Laws) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.