Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:28:48 PM
714338 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you thought you would love but ended up hating....... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: Movies you thought you would love but ended up hating.......  (Read 43491 times)
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »

I didn't see the first 3, but I'm with you about Zodiac.  Talk about a snooze fest.....

Really?  I thought Zodiac was gripping.  It was a good-to-great police thriller.  It was a bit long but I enjoyed it.  It each his or her own.  Anthony Edwards did a great job.  I liked his dry humor in the first 2/3rds of the movie.

I liked The Fountain but I usually like those kind of weird arty movies...sometimes.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 07:01:37 PM »

...The Star Wars Prequels... Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown
I recall running out the night the toys went on sale and buying up a bunch of the figures.  Oh how I anticipated the big release and I recall going to one of the first afternoon showing the day of because I couldn't wait.  I smiled for the first 10 minutes thinking that things will get better.  They never did after 2 more prequels.  Hatred
I don't like those movies, haven't even seen the last one, but it of course sounded the most interesting.   Thumbup for you, but STAR WARS PREQUELS get  Thumbdown 
TITANIC Okay, I don't hate this 'cuz it makes me laugh...!!!  BounceGiggle
MARS ATTACKS I lost the respect of a good friend because of the wretched parts of this film (some of which is damned funny).
LOTR RETURN OF THE KING They had to give the most tiresome of the three best picture?  LookingupThumbdown
Speilberg's WAR OF THE WORLDS  Thumbdown 
HALLOWEEN III "...the hills ran red with the blood of animals and children...?"   Lookingup WTF?  Where's Michael Myers?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:48:52 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 08:32:30 PM »

...The Star Wars Prequels... Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown
I recall running out the night the toys went on sale and buying up a bunch of the figures.  Oh how I anticipated the big release and I recall going to one of the first afternoon showing the day of because I couldn't wait.  I smiled for the first 10 minutes thinking that things will get better.  They never did after 2 more prequels.  Hatred
I don't like those movies, haven't even seen the last one, but it of course sounded the most interesting.   Thumbup for you, but STAR WARS PREQUELS get  Thumbdown 
TITANIC Okay, I don't hate this 'cuz it makes me laugh...!!!  BounceGiggle
MARS ATTACKS I lost the respect of a good friend because of the wretched parts of this film (some of which is damned funny).
LOTR RETURN OF THE KING They had to give the most tiresome of the three best picture?  LookingupThumbdown
Speilberg's WAR OF THE WORLDS  Thumbdown 
HALLOWEEN III "...the hills ran red with the blood of animals and children...?"   Lookingup WTF?  Where's Michael Myers?
Mars Attacks owns.  I love that movie myself.  I don't know why people hate it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 08:45:21 PM »

Definitely a misunderstood flick.  Very tongue in cheek and an all-star cast.  I think what turned people off was the voice of the Martians.  I still don't like it...I mean, I get it.  Their language is supposed to sound crappy to our ears but it was a little much.

"Do not run.  We are your friends".   BounceGiggle

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 08:51:48 PM »

All I can do is pray for the souls of those who didn't like The Lord of the Rings . . . . because you are all so lost.  Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 08:55:32 PM »

All I can do is pray for the souls of those who didn't like The Lord of the Rings . . . . because you are all so lost.  Bluesad

Word!

It's become chic to bash LotR nowadays.  I remember the halcyon days when everybody was excited about them.  Now it more like "OMG, Frodo and Sam are gay" and "RofK sucked".  Whatever.  I'll continue to enjoy them.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »

It's become chic to bash LotR nowadays.
Hey, I'm not "chic" with my film watching, I just didn't like the last LOTR... for that matter, I was kind of bored by the second one, too.  I loved the first one, so I thought I would love the others...

And I suggested to a friend we see MARS ATTACKS when it was still in the theatres.  I found MARS ATTACKS funny..., but, also in parts, revolting, silly, boring... I thought I would love it, but my friend so hated it, I haven't given it another shot.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 09:21:12 PM »

Hey, I'm not "chic" with my film watching, I just didn't like the last LOTR... for that matter, I was kind of bored by the second one, too.  I loved the first one, so I thought I would love the others...

I'm not bashing but I've noticed that a lot lately around teh interweb.  I enjoyed all three...but FotR is my favorite.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 09:26:37 PM »

I guess you gotta add me to that list of people to pray for.  I tried watching the first and thought it was boring.  Maybe lasted 15 minutes.  Sorry. Question

Definitely a misunderstood flick.  Very tongue in cheek and an all-star cast.  I think what turned people off was the voice of the Martians.  I still don't like it...I mean, I get it.  Their language is supposed to sound crappy to our ears but it was a little much.

"Do not run.  We are your friends".   BounceGiggle
It's a great flick.  A favorite of mine.  But what do I know about good movies.  I hated The Matrix, and apparently that's a crime or something.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 09:35:45 PM »

It's a great flick.  A favorite of mine.  But what do I know about good movies.  I hated The Matrix, and apparently that's a crime or something.
Yeah it's a crime, how could anyone hate The Matrix? I understand the sequels. I didn't mind Reloaded, even if everyone else did. I understand what people were talking about Revolutions though, that one sucked.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 09:41:14 PM by darthchicken » Logged

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 09:43:23 PM »

Word!

It's become chic to bash LotR nowadays.  I remember the halcyon days when everybody was excited about them.  Now it more like "OMG, Frodo and Sam are gay" and "RofK sucked".  Whatever.  I'll continue to enjoy them.

Man, I LOVE the Lord of The Rings trilogy!  I have the special edition boxed set with hours and hours of extra features.  I could spend a whole weekend just watching the features and be happy.

I think Peter Jackson did a superb job.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 09:47:44 PM »

Man, I LOVE the Lord of The Rings trilogy!  I have the special edition boxed set with hours and hours of extra features.  I could spend a whole weekend just watching the features and be happy.

Too bad he was too busy dealing with the hernia he gave himself from patting himself on the back to make King Kong any good.

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 10:55:49 PM »

Too bad he was too busy dealing with the hernia he gave himself from patting himself on the back to make King Kong any good.

Right on and karma for you *lol*

I liked King Kong, but it wasn't as good as I expected.  I think after LOTR, he had a huge rep to live up to.  There are some bits I like better than others, like when they're searching for Naomi Watts - all the jungle bits.  But I just couldn't really get into it like I expected.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 11:48:52 PM »

Maybe there's something wrong with ME . . . I loved King Kong, especially the Skull Island scenes!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 07:34:56 AM »

Maybe there's something wrong with ME . . . I loved King Kong, especially the Skull Island scenes!

Don't get me wrong.  I wanted to like King Kong.  The reviews were split about 50-50 and I went in with an open mind.

Some things I liked:  It was set in the 30's, the CGI was some of the best I've seen in a movie and the T-Rex fight

My biggest gripes:  It was too long (three hours to tell the King Kong story?  The original is half that length), Jack Black gets on my nerves, the dino chase scene and the bug pit (too fake looking and the movie really lost me with the kid, who had never fired a gun before, picking off a bunch of bugs that are crawling all over Adrian Brody with a machine gun), sub plots that don't add anything to the story and Kong's death scene (King Lear had a shorter death scene than the big ape).

If you're going to do a special effects driven movie, keep the pace brisk because after your audience gets past "Wow!", they invariably move on to "Seen it...".

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you thought you would love but ended up hating....... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.