Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:11 PM
713369 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you thought you would love but ended up hating....... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Movies you thought you would love but ended up hating.......  (Read 43289 times)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2008, 06:50:20 AM »

This one might get me killed, but Jaws is on my list as well.  I didn't hate Jaws, I though it was a good film, but I though the film was a bit overrated. 

The film just seemed too long to take to dispose of the shark.

Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »

I haven't seen it but I know there was a lot of dissapointment over Waterworld.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2008, 09:44:52 PM »

Sweeny Todd ... if I wanted a musical I'd watch freakin Mary Poppin's! It's a good movie just didn't really care for the singing aspect of it.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2008, 10:19:43 PM »

Sweeny Todd ... if I wanted a musical I'd watch freakin Mary Poppin's! It's a good movie just didn't really care for the singing aspect of it.
Didn't you know it was a musical going in to watch it? Question  I mean, it's cool if you don't like musicals or whatever (usually not my cup of tea either), but I do like musicals if done in a certain style, namely as a comedy or horror flick. 

I'm just curious as to what the reactions of the audiences were in theaters when they figured it'd be Johnny Depp slashing throats for 2 hours and they have to sit through him belting out songs for 70% of the flick.  They seemed to hardly mention it in commercials.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2008, 11:15:35 PM »

Didn't you know it was a musical going in to watch it? Question  I mean, it's cool if you don't like musicals or whatever (usually not my cup of tea either), but I do like musicals if done in a certain style, namely as a comedy or horror flick. 

I'm just curious as to what the reactions of the audiences were in theaters when they figured it'd be Johnny Depp slashing throats for 2 hours and they have to sit through him belting out songs for 70% of the flick.  They seemed to hardly mention it in commercials.

I like musicals, some of my favorite films are musicals (Amadeus, Moulin Rouge) but actually I didn't know this was a musical, I've been so covered up lately I've out of the loop. I saw the box, saw Johnny Depp on the box ... and rented it. popped it in and they started singing and I was like WTF? Checked the box and saw nothing on it about singing.

I think if I knew it was, I would have liked it if I knew it going in. 

peter johnson

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2008, 01:31:53 PM »

Boy, howdy, but we've got some differences in taste here . . .
I can't believe all the slagging on Lord of The Rings -- Taken for what it is, I find it Epic in the best sense of the word -- none of the 3 films bore me at all, and I can see them over and over again.  Some things take time.  Anyone out there who hates the films ever read the books?  I'm very curious about that --
My one and only problem with the whole LOTR series -- which I've gotten over now -- is Jackson's decision to drop the entire The Scouring of The Shire sequence.  In the novels, this is the true culmination of everything that has happened in the books so far.  Tolkien was trying to create a Mythology of England, and without the cumulative sequence of the invasion and capture of the Shire & its subsequent liberation, you lack the That Which Was Large Writ Again Small that makes magic and mythology seem more real.  I would have loved to have seen Brad Doruf slaughter Christopher Lee on a dirt road leading out of town -- sort of Old West meets fairyland.
Also loved Apocalypse Now -- did you read Conrad's Heart of Darkness?  I don't care if characters talk alot in films if I find what is being said to be of consequence, and I felt that Apocalypse Now had real content in what was being said.  As Neitzche is often quoted:  Stare into the Abyss long enough and eventually the Abyss will look into you  . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you thought you would love but ended up hating....... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.