Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:41:16 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  70s or 80s cartoon about a young fox « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 70s or 80s cartoon about a young fox  (Read 5873 times)
Eddietom
« on: January 16, 2008, 10:27:50 AM »

I used to watch this as a kid. All I can remember is a young fox, I think his parents were killed or something, so the kid fox's cool uncle takes care of him and teaches him to catch ducks and escape from hunters and stuff like that. I remember very little, but I was always curious what this could've been, I tried Google and IMDb and found nothing.
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »

At first I was thinking of "The Fox and the Hound" (1981), an animated feature by the Disney Company. But I don't recall a cool uncle fox, but rather think the young fox pretty soon pairs up with the dog. This is then probably not it....

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:53:34 AM »

Was it winter?  If so, this would be a guess:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160029/
Eddietom
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »

Yeah, everyone always thinks I'm talking about Fox and the Hound. I know it's not that. Thanks for the suggestions though. I'm not positive about the older fox taking care of him being his uncle, thats what I thought anyway, if he wasnt an uncle he was supposed to be some other family member or he knew the foxes mother. I dont know what it could be, I used to rent it at video store a lot when I was a little kid (this was around the late 80s/early 90s) so I'm guessing it was from the 80s sometime
Eddietom
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 06:48:51 PM »

I asked on IMDB and I found it!

It's call THE LITTLE FOX (1981)

It appears to be out of print, but maybe I'll try and find a copy on ebay. Has anyone here ever heard of this movie? It doesn't seem to be too well known.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:36:29 PM »

I asked on IMDB and I found it!

It's call THE LITTLE FOX (1981)

It appears to be out of print, but maybe I'll try and find a copy on ebay. Has anyone here ever heard of this movie? It doesn't seem to be too well known.

The IMDb boards are great.  There is a lot of knowledge there.

A Hungarian film, eh?  Did you see it in the US, or over in Germany (or another country)?  I was wondering if this had been dubbed and released over here.  Finding a copy could be a difficult search, though animated films tend to be a little easier for some reason - perhaps demand.  Still, it is quite likely you will be dealing with a gray market seller when you find a copy; so, as always online - buyer beware.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Eddietom
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »

Yeah, I think it was released in the US a few years later (dubbed) they have used copies for sale on Amazon, I recognized the vhs cover right away, it was definitely this one. I always figured it was probably a more well known movie, but it doesn't look like it. There's a few other childhood cartoons I recently rediscovered through asking on the internet (turns out most of them were pretty forgotten/unknown)
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Fox-Vic-fox/dp/B000WJB7NS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1200968795&sr=1-2

something called Fraidy Cat (I always remembered the cloud 9 chasing Fraidy Cat with lightning bolts)
http://www.amazon.com/Fraidy-Cat/dp/B0009OUASO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1200968584&sr=1-1

and I randomly remembered "Sports Cartoons" last month, I forgot about them for years, but something suddenly made me think about them again. I think Nickelodeon used to show them as chopped up promos back in the early 90s, but I used to have a VHS tape of them as well. Wish I could track those down again.
http://www.crowncombo.com/articles/2006/005_nickshorts/sportscartoon.jpg
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  70s or 80s cartoon about a young fox « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.