Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:35:28 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  CLOVERFEILD « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: CLOVERFEILD  (Read 59604 times)
Inferno
Bad Movie Lover

Resident Jenova's Witness

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 07:58:27 PM »

They don't show the whole thing, and they're low quality, but this is it.

Do not click these links if you don't want to see the monster.

http://i13.tinypic.com/6wpalx5.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6899/cloverfieldsmalleq0.gif

What is said to be a very accurate new sketch:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/bubhui/CLOVEY1.jpg

Very, very low quality camera phone video of ending(?) and tunnel scene:

http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=435291

The whale monster, by the way, is by Doug Williams. Here is his blog.

http://dougblot.blogspot.com/

HOLY ZOMBIE JESUS! That thing is ugly as hell! Buggedout
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 09:29:42 PM »

I really want to see this one, sounds like it might even be worth a trip to the theater with the wife, only have to pawn her Toyota to get the money. Actually I'm going to wait for the DVD, I agree with Killer Bees, having a creature throw Miss Liberty's head down the street is pretty impressive, the trailers have been pretty good, looks like this one's worth a look.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 10:04:06 PM »

I really want to see this one, sounds like it might even be worth a trip to the theater with the wife, only have to pawn her Toyota to get the money. Actually I'm going to wait for the DVD, I agree with Killer Bees, having a creature throw Miss Liberty's head down the street is pretty impressive, the trailers have been pretty good, looks like this one's worth a look.

Dude, if possible, you should see this one in theaters. It makes it TERRIFYING.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 09:34:14 AM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 01:06:56 AM »

Okay, my son came back from the cinema a couple of hours ago.  He went to see it with my sister.

He said he's never been so scared in all his life  *lol*  Can you imagine trying to scare a 16 yo teenager these days?  Apparently being in a darkened cinema with the first person camera thing really adds to the terror of it all.

I'm still at work, so I won't find out the full story until I get home in another couple of hours.  Can't wait.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »

This sounds like a good thing, I'll go see this one on the big screen then.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:01:49 PM by DENNIS » Logged

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 03:28:20 PM »

Just got home from seeing it.

I went into the film with the highest of expectations.  I figured the film would be "OK" but would fall well below what I was hoping for.  Thankfully the film far surpassed anything I had expected.  It is superb, fast paced, and all out terrifying.  I consider myself to be a big fan of horror films, and not much affects me anymore; but this film is just pure terror.  It all feels so...real.

I consider this to be the big event film of the year.  I can't see it working as well on DVD.  This has to be seen in a dark theater with the sound cranked up.  It's truly an experience.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 05:33:10 PM »

I'm supposed to see a 7:20 showing of the spanish horror film The Orphanage on Saturday, but my friends and myself might go see a showing of Cloverfield afterwards as they're really wanting to see it.

As long as we get some good looks at the beastie than that's all I ask for.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »

I'm with Torgo, Nothing ruins a monster film than a bunch of jump cuts and close ups of warty skin or something.   So far its one I would see. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 06:40:53 PM »

Torgo, you're seeing The Orphanage?  Be sure to check out my review in the Good Movies section.  I loved the hell out of that film.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Torgo

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 11:08:55 PM »

Torgo, you're seeing The Orphanage?  Be sure to check out my review in the Good Movies section.  I loved the hell out of that film.

I've heard pretty much nothing but good things about it.  I'm surprised that any of the theaters that are near where I live got it actually considering it's more of an art house type release film.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
horseshoe crab
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »

Well, I saw it today and I think this thread might need to be moved.
Nikki
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 08:05:42 PM »

EDIT BY ANDREW:  SOME SPOILERS BELOW

I don't know what movie you all saw, but the Cloverfeild I saw the was horrible. I wasted a half hour and 12 bucks.
The motion of the camera made me sick (they could have switched views sometimes).
The beginning was so amazingly BORING. I was like ... whens the monster gonna get here?
There is practically no plot.
It was not scary at all, except for a few parts.
The movie made NO SENSE in many places. Why would Hud, while running for his life, lug that camera around with him?
Why would the other guy go through all that to see a girlfreind had did it with for one night. Yeah.... no.
And no camera could survive all that, let slone have that much battery. And flashbacks started at random spots, Hud would not have gone to look back at that in the middle of the movier (just like... who would keep the camera that long!?)
And what about Mel.. mel something? She just kept bleading until she blew up? No possible.
It would have been nice if the movie continued and explained things a little/a lot more.

Overall, I very much disliked this movie.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:29:01 AM by Andrew » Logged
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »

I haven't seen the movie myself, but I've heard a lot of bad things about it. The trailer itself didn't make me interested in seeing it either. It looks like Godzilla rehashed, from the perspective of a shaky cameraman. I'm going to wait until it's on television.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »

I don't know what movie you all saw, but the Cloverfeild I saw the was horrible. I wasted a half hour and 12 bucks.
The motion of the camera made me sick (they could have switched views sometimes).
The beginning was so amazingly BORING. I was like ... whens the monster gonna get here?
The movie made NO SENSE in many places. Why would Hud, while running for his life, lug that camera around with him?
Why would the other guy go through all that to see a girlfreind had did it with for one night. Yeah.... no.
And no camera could survive all that, let slone have that much battery. And flashbacks started at random spots, Hud would not have gone to look back at that in the middle of the movier (just like... who would keep the camera that long!?)
And what about Mel.. mel something? She just kept bleading until she blew up? No possible.
It would have been nice if the movie continued and explained things a little/a lot more.

Well, that's JJ Abrams for you.  Look at Lost.  No explanation, just frenetic pacing and story you find yourself dumped in the middle of.

It's a good technique, but you do have to explain SOME things.  And never underestimate the power of a guy with a video camera wanting to catch some action.  Can anyone say YouTube?

I'd still like to see it, but I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »

You might want to put up a spoiler warning.  Those are some things that could potentially ruin the film for people.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  CLOVERFEILD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.