Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:19:40 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  GHOST SON « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GHOST SON  (Read 3216 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: January 19, 2008, 12:40:59 AM »

I wasn't sure whether to put this one in the "Good Movies" or "Bad Movies" board, because we don't have a board for "Really Creepy Disturbing Movies", and that's wht this was.  This movie was done fairly recently by the Italian director Lamberto Bava.

In a really brief synopsis, an American girl named Stacy has fallen in love and moved in with a white fella named Mark who lives on a remote ranch in South Africa (filmed on location in South Africa, TREVOR!!!! TeddyR).  They are obviously head over heels for each other, but about 15 minutes into the film he perishes in a car crash. She is devastated, but resolves to keep the ranch going and keep his memory alive in any way she can.

That memory comes to life very vividly a few nights after his death, when an apparition of Mark appears  and makes love to her (yes, Stacy is gorgeous, but the nudity in the film is limited. However, she does spend virtually the entire movie in a glorious state of bralessness).  She turns up pregnant from the spectral encounter, and it is when the child is born that the real strangeness begins.

Mark's spirit is trying to take possession of his son's body to be . . . with . . . .his beloved again, and some of the scenes that follow are very disturbing to say the least. Stacy begins losing it, the kid gets more creepy, and Mark's ghost grows stronger and more malevolent.

This is just a really, really strange movie.  There are some bad CGI moments (one scene where the baby just about bites off Stacy's nipple is VERY faked looking, but how do you realistically film something that weird?)  It is well done, with some good supporting performances (the town doctor who tries to help Stacy is played by a wellknown actor whose name I never can remember, but he played District Attorney Hallibur in AMISTAD.)   I would be very curious to hear your opinions on this one.

Anyone else seen it?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »

Man, I thought for a second you were talking about a sequel to the Dr. William Cosby opus Ghost Dad.    Buggedout

BounceGiggle

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
ZombieGangster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 08:49:14 AM »

Interesting.  I saw it the other day and almost brought it home but figured it was far too cheesy, so left it on the shelf.

Guess I'll give it a shot, and you've made it sound pretty interesting.

Smile
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 01:36:32 PM »

This movie does sound interesting. I'll definitely check it out if I see it around.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »

I'm with Threnody.  Sounds good.  I'll add it to my rental queue.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  GHOST SON « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.