Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:32:26 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Blast From The Past « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blast From The Past  (Read 4841 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: January 20, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »

I have to admit, this is one of those films I thought I'd end up hating but enjoyed it.  Funny stuff plus it has some pretty decent names in acting.

Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:31:06 PM »

I've seen this one a few times. It's quite good.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:33:48 PM »

I really hated this movie.  To me, Brendan Frasier either makes really good movies (The Mummy, George Of the Jungle) or really bad ones (Bedazzled, this one).

Just the whole premise was unbelieveable.  And I'm not a fan of Alicia Silverstone either.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:16:52 AM »

Listen Bees, you're allowed to suspend disbelief when you go to the movies.  This is an unsual achievement -- it managed to be totally dumb and still very entertaining.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »

I really hated this movie.  To me, Brendan Frasier either makes really good movies (The Mummy, George Of the Jungle) or really bad ones (Bedazzled, this one).

Just the whole premise was unbelieveable.  And I'm not a fan of Alicia Silverstone either.

I quite liked Bedazzled.  I think there's something wrong with me where I like 'crap' movies.  Don't really know. 

As for Blast From The Past, it's a GREAT movie.  Alicia's cute, Brendan's funny, Chris Walken rocks in another great role, and it has Dave Foley of NewsRadio/Kids in the Hall.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 08:04:46 PM »

Listen Bees, you're allowed to suspend disbelief when you go to the movies.  This is an unsual achievement -- it managed to be totally dumb and still very entertaining.

I get that.  I just didn't like it.  Not sure why.  And I usually manage to suspend disbelief when I see a movie.

Case in point:  I enjoyed Battlefield Earth  Wink   Totally dumb, but entertaining.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 08:19:37 PM »

The Mummy...Bleck!  I boycotted this movie when it first came out.  It totally craps all over the great Boris Karloff (and Lon Cheney) Universal classics.  In the original you have the spooky Karloff.  In the remake you have the guy who played in Darkman 2 and 3.  Plus, add to that all the shoddy CGI you can shake a stick at.   Thumbdown

I'm glad Stephen Sommers isn't really doing anything except for milking the Mummy franchise into the ground.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 06:40:17 PM »

No love for the Peter Cushing/Christopher Lee Hammer Mummy from the 50's?

Anyway I like this movie a lot. I thought it was cute, although, I gotta say, it's lucky the guy was brought up by such openminded parents and didn't wind up emerging from the bomb shelter as a racist, conservative Bible-thumper (his dad was fearful of Communism, but not to the point of being a Senator McCarthy offshoot).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 06:42:09 PM by Kooshmeister » Logged
Hollis
Dedicated Viewer

The millionaires have unleashed themselves!

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 08:52:05 AM »

I really like this movie. At first, I too, thought it wouldn't be any good (my dad bought it), but I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed it.

"If you break it down, movie magic is just a bunch of people moving s**t."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 12:54:01 AM »

I didn't necessarily like this movie, but I liked some of it's moments.  I personally think that Brendan Frasier is going to wind up making a lot of these love it or hate it films.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Blast From The Past « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.