Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:38:26 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  My Anime Review #5 (and New York trip pics!) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Anime Review #5 (and New York trip pics!)  (Read 3166 times)
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 20, 2008, 07:28:30 PM »

Every few months, the Doki Doki anime club travels to New York to soak up some asian culture, as well as to look for DVDs and merchandise. Besides spending tons of cash on souvenirs, we sampled the local cuisine (including steamed pork rolls, authentic japanese ramen - a far cry from the stuff you get in the 12 cent packages in the supermarket - and bubble tea) and took in the sights. Included below are some pics from the trip, I'll add more captions when I can recall the names of everyone who went with us (I'm the one with the beard and the Inuyasha t-shirt).

Once again, only one review this month, but I'll have more in february.

Pumpkin Scissors: In the years following the end of a horrendous war, the Empire has become plagued with awol soldiers turned bandits, as well as greedy nobles and others profiting from the misery of the common people. To combat this, the Empire's Intelligence Section Three, codenamed Pumpkin Scissors, seek to hunt down and eliminate these threats. Headed by Lt. Alice Malvin, the group quickly becomes famous for defending the people. However, their fates turn when they cross paths with a wartorn soldier, a hulking yet softspoken giant who may have been the victim of a secret government conspiracy. The only real complaint, and not even really a complaint as much as an observation, is its resemblance to Fullmetal Alchemist. The animation style, the war motif, the blond, blue eyed and sometimes overzealous protagonist...even the plot of one of the episodes was pretty much the same, with section three trying to help a town that had been screwed over by the government in the past. This isnt necessarily a bad thing, but I cant help feeling a little deja vu. Otherwise, the story is cool, taking a different angle on the subject of war, and the themes broad enough that even those not familiar with anime would probably enjoy it (there's a few sci-fi elements, but not the overt supernatural stuff, as in Alchemist). Overall, if you have any interest in anime and/or war epics, this might be for you. A

Standing in line, waiting to leave the bus terminal, unfortunately, the people in front of us were a bunch of stiffs.

Club president Chris and his girlfriend, on the bus.

Cool Stuff on buildings.

The Church of Saint Patrick, also known to Gremlins 2 fans as the Cathedral of Saint Eva Marie.

Rockofeller Center

Me and Pikatchu at the Nintendo Store.

They dont have stuff like this in Philly.

Waiting for Craig to finish DDR.

Just Chillin.

The whole gang, after a long day of shopping and eating.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:09:05 PM by Fausto » Logged

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 10:53:39 PM »

Fausto, those photos are awesome!  I seriously have to go visit New York one day.  And I love Pikachu, he's so cute!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  My Anime Review #5 (and New York trip pics!) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.