Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:19:22 PM
714215 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Internet Group "Anonymous" declares war on Scientology « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Internet Group "Anonymous" declares war on Scientology  (Read 5113 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: January 24, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/%22Anonymous%22_releases_statements_outlining_%22War_on_Scientology%22

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:18:05 PM »

Whoever wins... we lose Lookingup

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:13:23 PM »

I think WOPR from War Games is declaring war on them.  And I don't think he wants to play a game  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:11:49 PM »

They're going to have quite the battle on their hands. Buggedout

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:25:41 PM »

This is going to get really ugly.  I wonder if there will be a "winner"?

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »

OOOOPPPPSSS!  It appears the war got off to a false start when "Anonymous" hit the wrong target.

http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/5309

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 01:05:48 PM »

I get a real kick when I see Anonymous (in fact, users of 4Chan's /b/ forum - sometimes called /b/tards) involved in anything.  You know it's going to be great.  They're the only force on the internet capable of coming close to the ambitious stunts of Something Awful's Goons.  Their targets always winds up getting so bent out of shape and it just provides more fuel for the fire.  To boot, the media sometimes gets involved and all sorts of ridiculous accusations start flying around.  At one time, Fox News had declared the /b/tards a terrorist group based mainly on their attacks of /b/ outsider's Myspace pages.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Potato king
Dedicated Viewer

ölöm

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:01:03 PM »

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I think that this is too great a thing to miss: http://www.partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology
IMO, the greatest thing to happen since the invention of cheese  Cheers
Go anonymous, for great glory!
I sincerely hope that this "war" will bring more attention to dangers of Scientology and all possibly dangerous religious cults in general, people need to be warned and informed. No more Jonestowns, thank you very much.
DeepBlueNothing
Dedicated Viewer

Ducks say moo!

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 04:36:26 AM »

I can't believe anyone would be dense enough to want to support these internet a**holes and bullies with no lives! These people (the /b/tards), are fascist, racist, sexist, ageist, anti-gay, anti-religious and do nothing but harass and terrorize anyone on the net for the hell of it. They'll push young vulnerable teens to commit suicide as well,(not emos but just normal kids with depression). They also frequently contradict themselves, when asked to explain why they're attacking someone.

This is no better than the witch hunts in the past, were people would be accused of being witches because of certain beliefs, and even killed. What gives them or anyone else that right to decide what type of religion, groups or people should exist because they don't like it?

I don't like nor care for Scientology, and think some of their beliefs are ridiculous . But that wouldn't give me any right to harass and terrorize them for it. Most likely their doing it behind 420 Chan and 7 Chan which participates in such invasions, and not 4 Chan. Its against 4 Chan's rules, and they will delete boards discussing things of this nature.   

Edit: I also wanted to add that most of these are "kids" whose parents never supervise their activities and treat the computer as if its a babysitter.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 05:21:58 AM by DeepBlueNothing » Logged
Potato king
Dedicated Viewer

ölöm

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 04:53:35 PM »

DeepBlueNothing, the anonymous are not attacking the believers or their beliefs, they are attacking the organization, the church itself, which exploits peoples beliefs for their own financial benefit.
Over the years the Church of Scientology has committed dozens of crimes against freedom of speech and they were involved in the largest plan yet to infiltrate the U.S government offices, they even went so far that when the F.B.I raided Scientologists offices, they found a whole bunch of documents that were stolen from the I.R.S and other government offices, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White
Then there are all the people murdered and driven to suicide by the cult. The most famous must be Lisa MacPherson, but there are dozens of others, check http://www.whyaretheydead.net/
Scientology is a cult which forces the believers to pay huge sums of money for knowledge on "salvation". They lure in the weak and lonely people by giving them hope of friends and eternal salvation, even threaten them by saying that they are stupid if they don't join, but when they are in, the only way they can get out is by jumping from the roof. The Scientologists also believe in creating a totalitarian system, they are the fascists, not anonymous. Here are a few quotes from the founder of the church, L.Ron Hubbard: "I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is.",
"Scientology is the only specific (cure) for radiation (atomic bomb) burns."
"The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."
 "ENEMY SP (Supressive Person, a critic of scientology) Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."
The anonymous aren't after the followers, they aren't saying that their beliefs are wrong. They are after the cult which exploits believers, kills people and ruins peoples lives. They are after a cult which uses the weak for their own financial benefit, a cult which sole purpose is to make money, and I for one support the anonymous fully. My mothers childhood friend joined the scientologists in Finland, and after a few years he committed suicide, bankrupt by the church. Beliefs and knowledge should be free or at least cheap, not 200 dollars per session for more than 100 sessions. Visit http://www.xenutv.com/ and watch the documentaries, then you'll see what kind of a "church" the Scientology really is. Go anonymous, for great glory!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 07:00:02 PM »

Personally...this is insane.
 This could stand for all that is wrong with organized religion.
 One group of idiots hate another group of idiots.

"I'm right your wrong!"

Stupid,blind hatred.

Wait untill they get guns.

yippie. So fun.  Bluesad

Pretty f**kin' sad.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Zoolook the Mudkip
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 07:32:14 AM »

I can't believe anyone would be dense enough to want to support these internet a**holes and bullies with no lives! These people (the /b/tards), are fascist, racist, sexist, ageist, anti-gay, anti-religious and do nothing but harass and terrorize anyone on the net for the hell of it. They'll push young vulnerable teens to commit suicide as well,(not emos but just normal kids with depression). They also frequently contradict themselves, when asked to explain why they're attacking someone.
lurk moar

By the way, I've been a member of Anon for about over a year and I have yet to see anyone who is fascist, racist, sexist, ageist, anti-gay or anti-religious.

In fact, one of my fellow Anon friends is a homosexual Catholic.

I believe your claim has been debunked.
moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 07:38:50 AM »

They're both f**king idiots.
Zoolook the Mudkip
New Visitor

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 07:36:20 PM »

They're both f**king idiots.

GENTLEMEN, THIS IS AN OUTRAGE
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Internet Group "Anonymous" declares war on Scientology « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.