Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:16:57 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Brain That Wouldn't Die « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Brain That Wouldn't Die  (Read 7781 times)
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 08:33:18 AM »

.... the basically unnecessary mini-catfight taken out, ...

No way! Sorry, I think I have posted that before, but watch the girl slapping the face of the other girl picture by picture on dvd. It's just so hilarious!

Also look out where she`s looking at. In that scene the not to be seen opposing girl has to be considerably larger than herself, which she isn't.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 03:59:21 PM »

.... the basically unnecessary mini-catfight taken out, ...

No way! Sorry, I think I have posted that before, but watch the girl slapping the face of the other girl picture by picture on dvd. It's just so hilarious!

Also look out where she`s looking at. In that scene the not to be seen opposing girl has to be considerably larger than herself, which she isn't.
Noo, I meant it might have been bett- aww what's the point? Lookingup

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »

Come on... we all have movies we'd like to see Andrew review, but you don't really get anything accomplished by pestering the guy to do it...or do you? Hmmm... I just hope he does a review of the Mystery Science Theater version in the television section ;)

BTW: The slap scene in the catfight is a genuine WTF moment. I wonder if the director himself was responsible for the actual slap :P
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 12:49:43 AM »

Just curious. How come there isn't a review of The Brain That Wouldn't Die? I mean, it doesn't get much worse than this, and it's a classic as far as bad movies go. The movie was so bad, that the only keeping me watching was the Mystery Science Theater guys. And even then, I barely could watch it.

That's when you have to ask yourself if you really like badmovies, or just comedy about badmovies.  "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" IS a classic, and I love watching it as it was originally meant to be watched.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 06:34:50 AM »

Just curious. How come there isn't a review of The Brain That Wouldn't Die? I mean, it doesn't get much worse than this, and it's a classic as far as bad movies go. The movie was so bad, that the only keeping me watching was the Mystery Science Theater guys. And even then, I barely could watch it.

That's when you have to ask yourself if you really like badmovies, or just comedy about badmovies.  "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" IS a classic, and I love watching it as it was originally meant to be watched.

I can't stand those stupid robots. They ruin perfectly enjoyable movies with they're jibber jabber, and their heads get in the way too much. If I need a running commentary,I'll add my own.  Though I am grateful that they opened up a new audiance to the joy of BAD movie appreciation.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 09:19:27 AM »

I'm probably one of the few who actually paid (15 cents) to see this one in the theater, I think it's an okay movie as this type of film goes, but I've always wondered, what does she do if her nose itches and she's alone in the lab? This is the kind of issue that the film does not address.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 11:54:27 AM »

Good point, but since I own a copy of the original, I think it's safe to say I don't mind it much... a bit overly pessimistic in character portayals, but hardly painful. I've always had mixed feelings of the MST treatments of movies... sometimes, like with this one, I found it hilarious- but other times, like with Godzilla vs. Megalon, it's mediocre (particularly the annoying announcer thing they do while the monsters are fighting); I think it depends upon what your taste is with the movie. I must confess I don't think I could handle Manos, Monster Ago-go or Red Zone Cuba without it, but in general, it's superfluous.
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »

Just curious. How come there isn't a review of The Brain That Wouldn't Die? I mean, it doesn't get much worse than this...

Are you kidding?  Get thee to a video store and watch Manos, The Hands Of Fate!  It makes The Brain That Wouldn't Die look like Casablanca!

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Brain That Wouldn't Die « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.