Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:26:27 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Blind Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Blind Dead  (Read 39776 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 26, 2008, 10:46:36 AM »

The undead Templars cannot see.  They thirst for the warm blood of the living, and hunt victims by following their terrified screams.  This is the badly chopped U.S. version of "Tombs of the Blind Dead."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »

I got the chopped up,way to dark copy on vhs. I really need to upgrade,as the idea and the zombies in themselves are really cool.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Cotexman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 07:42:01 PM »

The comparison to 'Beaches' was beautiful (wiping away a tear).
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »

If only Bette Midler had been chased down and slashed to death by undead Templars.

I have the Blue Underground "The Blind Dead Collection" box set and the quality is very good.  They also included both the original and the US versions for each film.  The "Tombs of the Blind Dead" DVD linked to in the review to purchase the film is part of that set - just the first film (both versions) only.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 12:09:08 PM »

Wasn't this movie on Elvira's Fine Features?  I seem to remember this, but it has been soooo long since I have seen Elvira and her fine features.  Is there a train scene at the the end where a girl and a guy escape only to be followed by the blind dead?

I would like to see this again if it is what I am thinking of.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »

If only Bette Midler had been chased down and slashed to death by undead Templars.

I have the Blue Underground "The Blind Dead Collection" box set and the quality is very good.  They also included both the original and the US versions for each film.  The "Tombs of the Blind Dead" DVD linked to in the review to purchase the film is part of that set - just the first film (both versions) only.

The version I have is an old vhs copy...entitled RETURN of the EVIL DEAD (?).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 09:26:44 PM »

Wasn't this movie on Elvira's Fine Features?  I seem to remember this, but it has been soooo long since I have seen Elvira and her fine features.  Is there a train scene at the the end where a girl and a guy escape only to be followed by the blind dead?

This is most likely your film.  She does get on a train to escape, but it tarries too long and the blind dead catch it.

The version I have is an old vhs copy...entitled RETURN of the EVIL DEAD (?).

That is the second in the series, also known as "Return of the Blind Dead" (and other names).  For some reason, the Blind Dead movies all have about 10 alternate titles.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
chris conley
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 10:37:22 PM »

Some little interesting stuff cut out of the blind dead like the fact that betty and virgina are lesbians, pedro actually isn't a nice guy he rapes betty before the blind dead get him in the end that was also cut as well as some violence all this was restored on the dvd of this movie called the tombs of the blind dead the actually title of the film.
Keiper
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 01:34:58 AM »

That video with the girl screaming reminds me of the problem I had with the Sci-Fi channel original film "Minotaur". Instead of staying quiet so the monster doesn't catch them the characters scream and yell at each other. My roommate and I used the words "Shut up!" many times that night as we watched.

There's even a scene I remember where two characters are climbing up to freedom, the minotaur appears, and it doesn't notice them UNTIL the girl screams.
James
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 11:04:37 PM »

I watched this movie the other night and I had no idea there was gonna be a review of it. Anyways, I thought the movie was alright and I guess a little Spanish exploitation never hurt anybody.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »

The only movie with the Templars I've seen is Ghost Galleon, and that one was pretty amusing, albeit the version I had was edited (and given the misnomer "Zombie Flesh Eaters").
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 07:20:27 PM »

The main problem I have with this film is trying to understand why two lesbians would be interested in a man?
DeepRed
New Visitor

MAN'S CONSTANT GROPING OF THINGS..UNKNOWN.

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 02:18:58 AM »

There's a new flick "Army of the Dead" 2008 Reminds me of the blind dead but like most new movies it just sucked!!
The second of the Blind Dead series is my fave! The First i have in spanish with subtitles but it still chills you!
The slow movement when they ride for the victims is cool. Love this crap!!
sargon
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 08:20:03 PM »

Is it just me or did Peter Jackson see this movie before filming the Black Riders in Lord Of The Rings?
Rafael
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »

The country in the movie is not Spain but Portugal! (Learn this too!)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Blind Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.