Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:06:47 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Sci-Fi color movie from the 50's? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sci-Fi color movie from the 50's?  (Read 32907 times)
grandslam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »

The hovercraft is silver and the raft is yellow....I'll venture to say you're correct on both counts...However...Even though the two surface hover vehicles on JTTSP and FSSOPV were extremely cool, they bear no resemblance to the one I'm referring to. And unfortunately, nothing like the ones on FSOV and JTTPP...

Atomic Submarine?  Great movie.

That premise of USO's/UFO's and 'water to air ballistic missiles".....outstanding. 

USO's....SO close to what's happened since then.

re: USO's/UFO's 30+ years after this flick was made?  Same-same questions. Same-same denial.

TwirlingDrink Twirling

Great movie. Very well done...but ALAS....not the one I'm searching for.

I'll try to find "Battle Beyond The Sun" and check it out.

Great movies and comments ad infinitum on here.......I'm sending this link to my daughter so she can enjoy too!

Her career is video archiving...currently working on her PHD.Sci-Fi her specialty.

My wife?  She''s going...."SO! It's badmovies.org again is it? .....huh?....HUH?....!
Without me???...
I DON"T THINK SO BUSTER! Move your chair over so I can see some too!!!"

LOL! Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 10:38:12 PM by grandslam » Logged
316zombie
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 05:57:02 PM »

welcome to wife and daughter,lol!
grandslam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »

Oh Yeah!  They're diggin' it!  I've got my laptop hooked up to the TV so we can view movies without jousting for B movie time.

We can sit on the couch and watch.  Darned if our dog doesn't like these old sci-fi flicks.

Now if I could just get the dog out of my recliner... Lookingup Smile
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 07:40:58 PM »

Oh Yeah!  They're diggin' it!  I've got my laptop hooked up to the TV so we can view movies without jousting for B movie time.

We can sit on the couch and watch.  Darned if our dog doesn't like these old sci-fi flicks.

Now if I could just get the dog out of my recliner... Lookingup Smile

Boy...I envy you...I can rarley get my wifey to watch my old movies with me (though I did get her hooked on Lugosi films! Thumbup) ...but my youngest,Eddie will watch the old Universal horrors...he likes to leaf through my old FM's once in a while too.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 04:22:05 PM »

hubby is yelling rocket ship xm! i think he's wrong...
grandslam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 01:07:29 PM »

Rocket Ship XM?  Hmmm...I'll see if I can find a trailer/flick on Google.  Thanks!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 01:38:04 PM »

I can tell you that the film is not "Battle Beyond the Sun" (I checked it since I posted that) and "Rocketship XM" does not have any boats or water in it. 

The bit about the water being shrouded in mist fits with "The Wizard of Mars," but the astronauts are in two yellow inflatable boats - not hovercraft.  They are attacked by long white creatures in the water that resemble segmented worms (no eyes).

I want to make sure, since Jase suggested this early on and I haven't seen it discounted (I thought it had been, but didn't when I just looked through the thread):

Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet

Could it be that you are mixing scenes from "Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet" and "Wizard of Mars."  That's not unusual.

The Wizard of Mars

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
grandslam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 04:05:49 AM »

No.  I don't see any resemblance in those two shots.  I know i say the film I'm looking for on that documentary I saw a couple of months ago during the rolling film credits, so I know the flick exists.

Yellow rafts yes, but not during the day...more of a twilight confrontation with the eye in the water.

Also the hover crafts in all the movies I've viewed on this thread are all wrong...as is the landscape...Mars scape...whatever planet depicted-scape...I saw. Question

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »

I think there may be an episode of "The Ray Bradbury Theater" with Astronauts on alien planet crossing water...perhaps it was in a movie too....maybe THE ILLUSTRATED MAN?

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
316zombie
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 05:43:19 PM »

bingo on ray bradbury!trying to figure out the episode title....bootleg copy....yeah,i'm an idiot,i know...
grandslam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »

No.  It's not anything by Ray Bradbury that I can imagine.  It was a full-length flick and it had a definitive 'look' to it.  Especially the hover-craft and the astronaut gear.  And then there's that scene from the documentary that cements that image in my minds-eye.  The craft by the water and four voyagers looking towards the camera over this lake or pond or whatever it is. Question

316zombie
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »

can you give me the title of the documentary,by any chance?i've got a ton of them on vhs,maybe i can find your movie that way...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »

Well a lot of the original details sound a lot like the classic Outer Limits episode "The Probe" except they too are travelling on an inflatable raft.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
grandslam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »

No, it wasn't an episode of "Outer Limits"...it was a full-length feature film.

I just asked my wife what the documentary was about, and she said she thinks it was on UFO's...but I'm thinking it was a documentary on 50's-70's sci-fi.

Man this is perturbing. Question

I appreciate all the ideas though....THIS will be a nice one to put in the 'solved' category, for sure! Cheers
Pacman000
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 09:43:22 AM »

If you have the name of the documentary, you can go to IMDB, look it up, and see a list of other films it's "connected" to.  That might be a good place to start.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Sci-Fi color movie from the 50's? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.