Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:18:46 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Good Romance Novels? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Good Romance Novels?  (Read 11864 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 06:35:42 PM »

With Valentine's Day coming up, I've been wanting to get my girlfriend a gift or two. Since the whole candy-and-flowers thing is so played, I was thinking maybe I should get her a romance novel.

I might know some other ideas... just read a cool book on stuff like this... what's her first name?  (You can private message it to me if you don't want to reveal that here...)

- My girlfriend is younger than I am, and therefore the novel really ought to have some age difference between the guy and the gal--doesn't have to be a lot, but there has to be some.

How much younger we talking here?  I'd hate to see you on To Catch A Predator.   Wink

- She's a devout Southern Baptist preacher's daughter and not too lacking in devotion to the faith herself, so books loaded with obscenity and blasphemy need not apply.

- In keeping with that last point, sexual tension is fine--bring it on--but let there be no actual sex, unless within marriage.

Are you sure we're talking about the same genre here? 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 06:45:04 PM »

Hey, just thought of one... have you ever heard of The Time Traveler's Wife?  About a guy who keeps jumping around in time and falls in love with a young lady.  Problem is, when he jumps he becomes whatever age he is then, but she ages normally. 

Dunno about the content of the book as far as sex and goes...

Anyway, he can read about it here http://www.amazon.com/Time-Travelers-Wife-Audrey-Niffenegger/dp/015602943X/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201736345&sr=1-1

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »

i meant no insult....sorry!

None taken. Do I really come across sounding that much older, though?

I might know some other ideas... just read a cool book on stuff like this... what's her first name?  (You can private message it to me if you don't want to reveal that here...)

Is that such a touchy subject? Her name's just about as generic as they get around here, actually: it's Ashley. I don't know what your book has to say about it, but I do know it's just about impossible to find anything online that actually pays any girl named Ashley due respect. Believe me, I've looked. (There are lots of singers with that name, just none who actually sing about it...)

- She's a devout Southern Baptist preacher's daughter and not too lacking in devotion to the faith herself, so books loaded with obscenity and blasphemy need not apply.

- In keeping with that last point, sexual tension is fine--bring it on--but let there be no actual sex, unless within marriage.

Are you sure we're talking about the same genre here?

Quite sure. What, you never heard of romance being clean and hot at the same time? FYI, I wasn't kidding about A Rose In Winter. The whole story's wound up tight with sexual tension and there are about four or five really steamy scenes between the husband and wife in there. Though the language gets a bit rough at times, there's no blasphemy and no obscenity, and though her church only turns up in the story as part of the background, the lady in question does make a strong point of keeping true to the wedding vows she took there. The tale even manages to be rife with conflict without having any truly forbidden aspect to the romance (although it helps that throughout the story, the gal has to keep fending off all the other guys who want her for their various nefarious purposes). That's quite the achievement.

Hey, just thought of one... have you ever heard of The Time Traveler's Wife?  About a guy who keeps jumping around in time and falls in love with a young lady.  Problem is, when he jumps he becomes whatever age he is then, but she ages normally. 

Dunno about the content of the book as far as sex and goes...

Guess I'll have to look up a copy of it for myself sometime. It sounds a bit like the creepy short story Clap Hands And Sing by Orson Scott Card. Really had me wondering about the author, if you know what I mean...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Good Romance Novels? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.