Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:13 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lion King-a ripoff? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe that Disney ripped off the sixties animie Kimba "The White Lion" ?
yes - 11 (78.6%)
no - 3 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Lion King-a ripoff?  (Read 5209 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 01:25:24 AM »

What hasn't Disney ripped off?

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »

I understand the original point being made, and I don't disagree with it. My point was, and let's be frank, there is really, very little out there that is truly original, if you are going to do a rip off, do it right. "The Lion King" (IMHO) was done right. "Kimba," original or not, wasn't.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »

if you are going to do a rip off, do it right.

I would consider giving credit where credit is due an important part of "doing it right". .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 07:41:49 PM »

I would consider giving credit where credit is due an important part of "doing it right". .

I do, too. But to be fair are we only going to critize Disney, as a tempting target, as they may be, or are we going to critize everybody that rips off someone else to make a film?
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 05:08:41 AM »

I do, too. But to be fair are we only going to critize Disney, as a tempting target, as they may be, or are we going to critize everybody that rips off someone else to make a film?

The thing is with Disney and The Lion King the offense was so egregious. Usually when someone makes a remake or uses well trod material they let be known. A film based on the works of blah... blah... Of course any other company that rips off another in the same manner as Disney should be called out.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »

Of course any other company that rips off another in the same manner as Disney should be called out.

I agree. Disney is a stupid for do it, but one must keep in mind that they're not the ONLY ones who do it, unfortunatly.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »

I'm not sure if there's a motion picture seperate from the episodic series, but I picked up a dubbed tape of two episodes (was it ever optioned for tv is the USA?) and they're PAINFULL.

Seriously, take the accusation or leave it, but don't try to seek out the episodes.

They are (skull) unwatchable.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 04:58:04 PM »

those were re-dubbed episodes you picked up.  seek out the Ultra Edition (http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=40725045&listingid=15709691&dcaid=17902), and the dubbing is much better, done by actual actors.

Kimba aired in the US from 66 to at least 78, if not longer. 

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lion King-a ripoff? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.