Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:15:05 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Quirks That Make You A "Bad" Person « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Personal Quirks That Make You A "Bad" Person  (Read 27002 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« on: January 29, 2008, 12:10:31 AM »

I can't eat around retarded or disabled people.  Even someone in a wheelchair is enough to have me putting down my food and moving away from the area.

Which is weird because I have a really strong stomach normally and not much fazes me.

Your turn!! TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 12:13:40 AM »

My list is too long to name.  I used to think I was a "good" guy; within the last year, I've realize how big of a jerk I am much of the time.

My children still love me, though (they're young), so that's something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:21:25 AM »

Ulthar, as long as you are good to your kids, everyone else can go to hell.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:49:08 AM »

Ulthar, as long as you are good to your kids, everyone else can go to hell.

TeddyR TeddyR

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 06:18:35 AM »

My wife says I'm a "gross little man". I tend to blow my nose in public,like in parking lots and such,by covering one nostril with my finger and blowing snot out the other nostril. I also tend to make a big production number out of every fart that comes out my ass.

I also like to give nasty little brats in stores (the kind who kick and scream "I want it!") Manson or Lugosi like bugeyed glares which gets me dirty looks from the parent and gives the kid the heebie jeebies. Then I laugh out loud.
  I have my front tooth missing...and about 5'2"..so I look like a deranged midget,which adds to the effect.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 01:27:49 PM »

Ulthar...you? No way!

My personal quirks...the biggest one...people p**s me off and I can't help but make fun of them and/or insult them when they do...and I'm freakin' good at it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »

I'm pretty curmudgeonly at work at lot ot the time, mainly with people who don't know me too well. Although, some people are in on the joke and know what a nutty guy I really am.   

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 04:30:54 PM »

I have no quirks whatsoever. I am a perfect human being. I am the apex of human evolution, both biologically and culturally.  Lookingup

And now, back to reality...

I usually come across as either stand-offish or too serious, neither of which I am. It takes me a while to warm to people, so I often seem condescending or, according to some, arrogant. I do absolutely refuse to conform to what others want just to fit in (which made for a very lonely high school experience, since that is mostly about fitting in). If you don't like me, it's your loss. That may be a touch of arrogance; I can't be held responsible for your perceptions of me. Once I warm to someone, they find out that I'm pretty much just a huge goofball, and they will generally like me well enough, though they still don't know quite what to do with me.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »

My quirks can all be listed as a result of one outstanding quirk: my ambiguous morality forces me to look at anything and everything as a shade or grey rather than black or white, which p**ses off a lot of people who have firmly believed, either because of personal choice or because of societal teaching, that certain things are ostensibly bad and can in no possible way be acceptable in any terms. I'm the eternal Devil's Advocate and that rubs a lot of people and their morals the wrong way. At the same time, I prefer not to p**s people off for no good reason, so I try to keep that in check. That's not me being courteous, that's me avoiding physical violence and the resultant aftershocks of such, like jail time, lawsuits, and injury to my self. I can be an a***ole, but I'm allergic to pain. Drink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:46:11 PM by AnubisVonMojo » Logged

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 06:03:36 PM »

I'm not a touchy-feely chick like most tend to be, so when I don't do the phony little group hug bull***t I'm usually told how cold and unfeeling I am.  Plus I cannot tolerate bad manners or bad service and I will usually make a very public statement about it, much to the dismay of people dumb enough to take me anywhere.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »

Dear Lord...you've opened a can of worms.  First and foremost I'm very condensending, almost to a vicious nature. Mix that with my glass half empty attitude and it gets messy.   I'm critical a lot, I find something wrong with everything, even myself...lol.  That and I usually have to get a last word in and I usually don't know when to "drop it". 

In the physical being...I pick my nose occasionally.  I burp often and even in public I don't realize I'm doing it.  I do a lot of "guy crotch scratching".  Farting is something I don't do out loud in public but I laugh if it smells bad.

I have a nasty knack of judging people too early.  Something I've tried to cut back on. Some people I didn't like at first end up being some of my best friends in the past. 

I could go on about how I laugh when people trip and fall in front of me or how much I throw my middle finger up but I'll stop here.  Know whats funny, I'm sure all these things we're listing are things we find "good" about ourselves. BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:53:58 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 07:41:47 PM »

I hate children.  I'm not just saying that, I really hate them.  My first instinct when I see one is to kick it out of my way.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 08:06:56 PM »

Oh man you guys crack me up   BounceGiggle    And I think I have every one of the qualities that you have listed as your own.  But I don't pick my nose or burp or fart in public.  That's about it.

And even though I have a teenage son, I generally loathe kids too.  They all seem to be annoying or rude or just plain stupid.  I won't kick one out of the way, but if a kid is wandering near it's parents and it's in my way and they aren't keeping an eye out, I won't move, but walk straight into them.  I've even been known to yell at the kid and then at the parents when they get mad. 

I say what I think and it doesn't take long before people realise not to ask for my opinion.  Because I tell them the truth, not what they want to hear.  I don't volunteer information unless I"m directly asked and I don't do favours for anyone because I don't want them done for me.  And if I overhear someone saying something that is patently wrong, I'll laugh out loud at them and shake my head as I'm walking away, just to freak them out.

If you want a better idea of what I'm like, look for English comedienne Catherine Tate's character Joannie "Nan" Taylor.  But I'm only 41, and not an old woman like she is.  My son thinks it's hilarious, because he says I'll be exactly like her when I'm her age.  The only thing stopping me from being like that now is that I actually do have a little courtesy and a little tact and I know when to keep my mouth shut.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »

Hmm not sure if this makes me a bad person but it certainly often gets in the way of my fitting in. Truth be told, I usually don't give a damn what others think of me, I'm going to do what I want to do...if that means watching black and white movies, pro wrestling, b-movies, that's my choice. I also feel no need or desire to ever take part in drinking, smoking or other drugs (besides medicine). I'm a straight-edge type even to liking the heavy punk rock associated with it although honestly I prefer the classic punk rockers. I like what I like and I'm going to do what I'm going to do...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 10:49:25 PM »

10 years ago I was a ball of hate who would prefer putting a shotgun is most people's mouths rather than listen to what they have to say, but eventually I just got tired and realized that no amount of my hatred was going to change anything and it's easier to just coast along with the flow and just laugh at the rest of humanity for being so stupid. Fortunately the rest of mankind and myself have learned to leave each other alone for the most part. Hermitude serves me well.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Quirks That Make You A "Bad" Person « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.