Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:59:28 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If you could live at any time in history, when would it be? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: If you could live at any time in history, when would it be?  (Read 13549 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 07:03:13 AM »

Anytime during the Roaring Twenties before Oct. 29th 1929. 

Get a big lavish party going, play some big band music and get a flapper to dance for me and I'd be set.   Smile
The only thing that would suck would be the fact that Prohibition was in effect at the time.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »

pre new deal/ social security / federal reserve america (prior to 1913).

a follower of moses, jesus, or muhammed before the relgions themselves became established and politicized.  when they were movements against paganism/ belief that man is controlled by destiny rather than man being free
BTM

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 02:03:53 PM »

I'd like to go back to the early sixties (before Nam) the whole "free love" area.  (Course, I'd probably have just about as much luck scoring with chicks as I do now.. but hey, at least we wouldn't have to worry about disease...)

Also wouldn't mind traveling back to the early 80s, and make an investment in some small company called "Microsoft" and then go forward to see how my stock portfolio went. :)

But on a completely non-selfish mode, I'd like to go back to the time just after the Revolutionary War.  Love to be able to sit down with some of the founding fathers and ask them some questions, maybe help clear up some modern day issues we're all still debating about. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:41:55 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »

I'd like to go back to the early sixties (before Nam) the whole "free love" area.  (Course, I'd probably have just about as much luck scoring with chicks as I do now.. but hey, at least we wouldn't have to worry about disease...)
BTM, "free love" in a '60s context would most certainly be during the Vietnam era -- late 1960s.  Also, you don't think boys and girls got VD then? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 08:23:09 PM »

It would be fun to go back to the Middle Ages or the Renaissance with several crates full of modern pharmaceuticals and reference books and become a royal physician . . .

"OK, King Henry, I'll heal the abcess on your leg - but I want my own palace and Anne Boleyn's younger sister!!!!"

As I'm sure you know, it is amazing the wide range of malities the elite had, most of which cause some form of mental illness. From the Egyptian Pharaohs, Emperors, Kings, Queens and the lot. Many were just a social step away from being locked up.
But you just don't read about that many normal, well adjusted, physically and mentally healthy leaders of antiquity. There were a few but most were just mad, or at the least thought faking it (i.e. Claudius) 

But true most ailments of old are what today is thought to be a easy home cure, what a difference a discovery makes, huh?

It's nice to know that the leaders of some of our greatest civilizations were insane. Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
BTM

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 12:14:48 AM »

BTM, "free love" in a '60s context would most certainly be during the Vietnam era -- late 1960s.  Also, you don't think boys and girls got VD then? 
[/quote]

True, but IIRC, VD could be cured with some penicillin, unlike most of the sexual diseases we have today.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 06:51:13 AM »

True, but IIRC, VD could be cured with some penicillin, unlike most of the sexual diseases we have today.
[/quote]

It's not the demise of "free love" that held back my sex life...it was the fact that I was a LOSER that stifled me!  BounceGiggle....waitaminnit......that's not funny....it's pathetic!...... Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  If you could live at any time in history, when would it be? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.