Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:26:35 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Quirks That Make You A "Bad" Person « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Personal Quirks That Make You A "Bad" Person  (Read 27112 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »

I would drink ANYWHERE. I could be in the waiting room of a hospital and I would pull out a half pint of whiskey and take a shot. I would drink on the street, in grocery stores,malls,movie theaters (especially movie theaters!) ...anywhere. I got wasted on a train from Kalamazoo to NYC once. You could had poured me out the door at once we hit Port Authority. I was quite a sight. I had real long stringy hair,a blue jean cut-off jacket with all sortsa weird stuff I had drawn on it with a black Sharpie,and a small boom box I had handcuffed to my wrist so I wouldn't lose it or get it snatched,playing Suicidal Tendiences as loud as it would go. Needless to say-I was targeted by the terminal security the second I got off the train. This was in about...oh...1989. I'm much more mature now. ( Lookingup)

It was YOU???? My uncle was there, he has some choice words for you

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 08:49:45 PM »

Just kidding. BounceGiggle

Yes, salad.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »

Scott...er...I mean Conan, maybe you should film some of those grocery store escapades for Adventure Theater. TeddyR

It's time for some new episodes of Adventure Theater.

When the oceans drank Atlantis.............Adventure Theater was sure to return.  Wink
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 10:24:38 PM by Conan » Logged

threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2008, 12:41:22 PM »

Here we go... Buggedout

I hate teenagers. I have for a long time. I even hated them when *I* was a teenager. Everytime I saw them, I immediately thought: "Damn thugs again!"

I'm a huge hypocrite. I do all kinds of things that I tell other people not to do. Except for smoking. Somehow I have managed not to get hooked on that yet.

I hate babies. They gross me out. I don't dare touch one until I know it's had a sufficient amount of baths. I didn't touch my nephew until he was at least two years old. It felt safe eventually to. All because of where they come from. People always say, "Well you came from the same kind of place!" and I always say in defence, "Well I didn't realize it until years later! I couldn't have known at the time! I'm innocent!" This is an example of more hypocrisy that I'm quite all right with.

I've always been really shaky around germy situations. I was recently diagnosed with OCD and given meds, but before that it was a huge problem in my life. People used to tease me up until now. One time I ate some of my grandma's leftovers and then I made myself sick. She asked me what was wrong, and I told her, "I just ate your food that was in the fridge, only I didn't know it was from your plate. I can't drive the thoughts away of what I just did." I think I made her feel bad. It was unintentional. I told her it was nothing personal, because I'm that way with everyone, but I still feel bad for wording it like that. I was too hasty. I seem to be able to conjure up the courage to share a bong, but so far nothing else.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 03:57:14 PM by threnody » Logged

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2008, 05:26:11 PM »

Just kidding. BounceGiggle

Dang...I tought you were serious for a second!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2008, 11:48:01 PM »

and a small boom box I had handcuffed to my wrist so I wouldn't lose it or get it snatched,playing Suicidal Tendiences as loud as it would go.

Reminds me of that scene from Star Trek 4 where that guy's blasting music on the bus and Spock reaches over and gives him the Vulcan Neck Pinch.   TeddyR
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 04:30:48 AM »

I'm shy and have a hard time warming up to most people right away, which I guess makes me come off as arrogant. It's even worse when I'm depressed, even if I haven't reached a point of being deeply angry at being in a depressed state. On top of that, I have no tolerance for stating the obvious in conversation, I try not to say something that I think the people I'm talking to are already aware of. Of course I'm often wrong about what is obvious to others. Plus I get irritated when they start talking about the obvious. One of my bosses has been annoying me (without knowing it) with his repeated conversations about the snowfall we DIDN'T get. It didn't happen, the weather men on TV got it wrong, they do that a lot, move the hell on.

I'm pretty easy going about what adults do with their lives for the most part, as long as personal responsibility for the consequences is accepted or at least acknowledged. But since I hate smoking in general (it helped kill my dad at an early age and I had bad allergies growing up) and my early encounters with pot were negative, I loathe stoners or people I think are stereotypical heshers. So anything I tend associate with pot or potheads p**ses me off: hooded eyes, goofy stoner laughs, people who start every sentence with "hey, man", the Grateful Dead and all aspects of Dead "culture", hacky sacks, reggae music, dreadlocks on non-Rastas, rabid Jack Johnson fans (his music is good to mellow out to at times, but it is all the damn same), hemp clothing, tie dye clothing, etc.

It didn't help that we had a small circle of stoners at work a few years ago, who spent half the night talking about how much they couldn't wait to fire one up when they got off work. When your life revolves around weed, you need to get the hell away from me.

Being an atheist automatically makes me a "bad" person to lots of people.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Chigur
New Visitor

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »

There are a couple things.
My tendency to laugh at really un-PC jokes. I shan't post them here for fear of being banned.
Being a teenager.
Being a teenager, who doesn't drink or smoke, and has good grammar whilst writing on the internet.
Being a teenager who knows who Stanley Kubrick is.
Being an atheist who is tolerant of other people's beliefs, and doesn't ever mock religious people, yet underneath it all thinks that it's quite silly.
Getting angry at people who thought that the Blair Witch/The Shining/Sin City was/were boring.
There you go, there are my flaws as a human being. Do with them as you wish. TeddyR
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »

I've always been really shaky around germy situations. I was recently diagnosed with OCD and given meds, but before that it was a huge problem in my life.

You get Karma because you remind me of Adrian Monk.

Yes, salad.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2008, 09:42:02 PM »

Here we go... Buggedout

I hate teenagers. I have for a long time. I even hated them when *I* was a teenager. Everytime I saw them, I immediately thought: "Damn thugs again!"

I'm a huge hypocrite. I do all kinds of things that I tell other people not to do. Except for smoking. Somehow I have managed not to get hooked on that yet.

I hate babies. They gross me out. I don't dare touch one until I know it's had a sufficient amount of baths. I didn't touch my nephew until he was at least two years old. It felt safe eventually to. All because of where they come from. People always say, "Well you came from the same kind of place!" and I always say in defence, "Well I didn't realize it until years later! I couldn't have known at the time! I'm innocent!" This is an example of more hypocrisy that I'm quite all right with.

I've always been really shaky around germy situations. I was recently diagnosed with OCD and given meds, but before that it was a huge problem in my life. People used to tease me up until now. One time I ate some of my grandma's leftovers and then I made myself sick. She asked me what was wrong, and I told her, "I just ate your food that was in the fridge, only I didn't know it was from your plate. I can't drive the thoughts away of what I just did." I think I made her feel bad. It was unintentional. I told her it was nothing personal, because I'm that way with everyone, but I still feel bad for wording it like that. I was too hasty. I seem to be able to conjure up the courage to share a bong, but so far nothing else.

Don't feel bad, Threnody.  Germs can be killers.  If someone uses my mouse at work to show me something, I immediately get those alcohol screen wipes and give it a thorough going over.  I don't like it when strangers touch me, even if it's just my clothes.

I don't share food with anybody and I'm very particular about my bathroom and kitchen being clean and disinfected.  And I definitely don't eat out unless I can see the kitchen and the workers inside.  Some of the pubs are like that here and those places are okay.  But when you think that by the time the food gets from the kitchen to you, it generally has several people's DNA all over it   Buggedout

Having said that, I haven't eaten out anywhere in over a year.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 06:14:37 PM »

I'm very similar, I spend most of time at school in the bathroom washing my hands, you should see them in winter, very chapped.

Yes, salad.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 06:23:40 PM »

Just remember also, that your body is very efficient at getting rid of germs and such, so ultra cleanliness isn't really necessary.  Having your hands chapped and red isn't good for the skin because the surface breaks and cracks and it can leave you open to infection.  I'm not trying to freak you out, I'm just saying that you can stay clean and healthy without doing damage to yourself.

If you keep a tube of hand cream in your bag/satchel/whatever, the chapped thing should disappear.  Even Vaseline is good.  But use a small amount, otherwise you'll feel greasy.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2008, 10:07:15 PM »

My philosophy is, anything that I can't see can't hurt me.  I eat at whatever restaurant I want and don't even really care what their kitchen looks like, or if the waiters wash their hands or not . . . . and I very rarely get sick, although I have gotten rather fat.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BTM

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2008, 12:56:55 AM »

Let's see.. bad stuff...

I have a sick sense of humor... not like ultra cruel, but just unPC and sometimes I laugh at s**t I really shouldn't.  Not in public mind you, but often in private. 

I have trouble remembering other people's birthdays... including my siblings, my mom and stepdad, etc.  Yet, it bugs me when they don't remember MY birthday, and I'm not even really wanting presents, just acknowledgment that someone knows I exist...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »

Let's see.. bad stuff...

I have a sick sense of humor... not like ultra cruel, but just unPC and sometimes I laugh at s**t I really shouldn't.  Not in public mind you, but often in private. 

I have trouble remembering other people's birthdays... including my siblings, my mom and stepdad, etc.  Yet, it bugs me when they don't remember MY birthday, and I'm not even really wanting presents, just acknowledgment that someone knows I exist...

Heck, I've forgotten my own birthday a couple of times  TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Quirks That Make You A "Bad" Person « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.