Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:44:36 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE NIGHTMARE NEVER ENDS (1980) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE NIGHTMARE NEVER ENDS (1980)  (Read 2260 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 30, 2006, 06:49:37 AM »

This movie is included in the NIGHTMARE WORLDS 50 MOVIE PACK.

Alternate title: CATACLYSM.  Also, an edited version was used in the movie NIGHT TRAIN TO TERROR.

Charles Moll (later known as Richard Moll of the NIGHT COURT television series) plays an athiest and famous author of anti-religious books.  His wife is a very religious doctor.  They, along with police detective Cameron Mitchell, get involved with a mysterious young man who appears to be a Nazi war criminal who has not aged since World War II.

Across the board, the acting is pretty bad (although Richard Moll is okay).  The only problem with Moll (who has a full head of hair in this movie) is that his hair keeps changing color.  Sometimes it is pure black.  Sometimes, he has white tufts of hair near his ears (like Reed Richards from the Fantastic Four).  Sometimes, he also has white bangs.

As bad as this movie turned out, it did have some promise.  I think if they had better actors playing the villain and Moll's wife, and if they had used a creative director, this could have ended up being a decent "B" horror flick.  Instead, it is mostly cheesy and stupid.  The only redeeming part is the end, which involves open heart surgery and devilish fun.  Other than that, forget it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:08:32 AM »

Yep, it's kinda strange and forgetible film. The heart scene was about it and even that didn't fit into the whole film. One scene can't make a film. Not sure what these people were thinking. This goes back to my old saying "just because they put it on film......doesn't make it a movie". Must admit the title is appropriate.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 11:08:24 AM »

I always wanted to see this one.It's also available as SATAN'S SUPPER. And an edited version appears in the anthology NIGHT TRAIN to TERROR. Marc Lawrence is in it too.(I'm getting all this oddball info from the Psychotronic book.) He directed the truly god awful PIGS. Anything with Cameron Mitchell is worth seeing to me!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
hellbilly
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:31:09 PM »

I watched this the other day and really enjoyed it. It was cheesy enough to keep me amused throughout, especially the ending which was quite spectacular.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE NIGHTMARE NEVER ENDS (1980) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.