Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:31:36 AM
713392 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Anti Scientology protests backfire « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti Scientology protests backfire  (Read 4802 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: February 05, 2008, 12:18:47 PM »

Actually the worst part about this story is finding out that Bart Simpson is a Scientologist.

http://www.scopical.com.au/articles/News/World/2475/Negative-coverage-actually-helping-Scientology-says-Church

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:08:45 AM »

You know what would be wild? What if....the Scientologists are right...and everyone else is wrong? What if everything they teach..is .....TRUE?!?!? OOOOOOOOOOeeeIIOooooooooooo....  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »

The protests are actually helping Scientology.... according to representatives of Scientology.  If a representative of Scientology told me it was sunny, I'd grab my umbrella.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:55:40 PM »

I am all for people having his or her belief's  Cheers .  Everyone is different and we all have different ideals of a higher power.  My only real complaint about the Scientologists' is that they seem to focus around the elite and powerful and then they have wack-jobs like Tom Cruise  Twirling condemning Psychiatrists'.  I think that there would not be such a negative vibe with the religion of Scientology if they were to choose who to have speak on their behalf and represent them.

Just my two cents.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 03:24:18 PM »

Like they would say anything about being affected negatively by the publicity. I'm sure they have had an upswing in interest, but I hope the Cruise video will get more people to realize how goofy and exploitive this cult really is.

I knew Nancy Cartwright was a part of the group, I just wouldn't have guessed she had $10 million to give away so publicly, She must be getting a bigger cut of Simpsons' merchandising than I would have ever guressed

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Potato king
Dedicated Viewer

ölöm

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 05:16:36 AM »

The Scientologists must be pretty afraid if they start spewing out something like this TeddyR
"What?!! We have a negative coverage in media?!! ...Well, guess what? We never wanted to have a positive coverage in media in the first place! Yes, that's it... Who needs positive goverage? When we are hated by millions of people we get LOTS and LOTS of new recruits for sure, you'll see, you'll all see, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
... Spare change?"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Anti Scientology protests backfire « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.