Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:55:18 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Would You Eat for $1000? « previous next »
Poll
Question: What is the most disgusting thing you'd eat for $1000?
A Klondike Bar (for the real pansies)
Fried Snake
MREs (for you military types)
Fried Worms
Raw Worms
Cockroaches
Maggots
Excrement
Other (Please Specify)

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What Would You Eat for $1000?  (Read 11750 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« on: February 07, 2008, 08:31:40 AM »

Yeah, it's gross. I woke up this morning and the question was there (and no, it wasn't because I was thinking about breakfast  TongueOut). I tried to stick with organic matter that wouldn't actually kill you (I hope no one would eat something potentially deadly for a measly $1000, but you never know), but that would be challenging for you to actually consume.

I apologize in advance to anyone with a delicate constitution, and advise against reading this post or any possible responses to this post. The Surgeon General warns that this post may cause brain damage, epileptic seizures, and a severe craving for mind bleach. By continuing to read this, you agree that I will not be held responsible for any stomach upset or other negative consequences resulting in any form of stain on your carpeting. This post may not be reproduced without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 08:55:13 AM »

Nice question...it's hard to answer though because I am not hungry at the moment...lol

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

I went for "fried snake", Derf, because I believe that snake meat tastes good and also because it is 16h30 where I am and I am hungry.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »

I went for "fried snake", Derf, because I believe that snake meat tastes good and also because it is 16h30 where I am and I am hungry.  TeddyR

There is a town about 20 miles away from me that has an annual Rattlesnake Roundup, where they have rattlesnake races, music, crafts, and rattlesnake-related food booths. I'd like to try fried rattlesnake, but I've just never gotten around to it.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:57:23 AM »

Smile

It is now almost 17h00 here in Pretoria and I am now so hungry that I could eat all the snakes in Snakes on A PlaneTeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »

I'd eat pretty much anything that can be termed "food". So, on your list I think the cut-off point would be excrement, especially considering one of my barometers for psychological health is the ability not to play with poo.

Naturally, I'd want the food prepared. No reason to eat raw maggots when you could sautée them in oil instead. I've also had deep-fried rattlesnake. They offer it at a restaurant at the Rawhide Ranch. It tastes like fried chicken, just with more bones.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »

Hmmm....I don't know...the excrement part of it...it depends on who's it is. I mean, if it was Kate Beckinsales, sure, I'd eat it for free!  TeddyR

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »

A nice T-bone smothered in sauteeed mushrooms....

Money is not that important to me...so, I dont "do things for money."  Yeah, I guess I work, but that's not what I mean - I mean stuff I would NOT do not for money.

From your list, I have eaten snake and MRE's.  No problem with anything on the list if I were hungry enough;  except excrement.   No Way, no how for any amout of money (and actually, it is NOT good for you - lots of bad bacteria could be present); there's a reason it smells bad - so we stay away from it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 07:31:06 PM »

Oh man, that's just gross!   Buggedout     
You couldn't pay me enough money to eat things like snakes and poo.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »

I actually ate raw earthworms before...and not for money.  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 07:56:12 PM »

Nothing like a Klondike Bar, I REFUSE to go farther than that without at the very least, one more zero at the end.  As for excrement, there is NO amount of money that I will take to eat that.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 09:39:51 PM »

I've had snake, MRE's, raw muscles right off the pier pilings and once grasshoppers by mistake, they were battered and fried I had chewed up a couple and swallowed before I realised what they were. I have to say that you never know what you'll eat until you're really hungry. For a $1000 I would eat snake, MRE's and of course the Klondike bar, the rest would have to wait till I was starving, the excrement would only be at gunpoint. Smile

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »

In my younger and naive days, I went to a champagne breakfast with my work colleagues.  The hotel buffet was magnificent and being the innocent that I was at the time, I just dug in and ate everything I could get my hands on.

I found these deep fried, breadcrumb coated things and thought, "oooo! potato croquettes!" and I piled six onto my plate.  The croquettes were delicious and creamy and I went back to the buffet to partake of some more.  I loaded up another six (they were only quite small) and work colleague said, "wow, you must really like lamb brains."

Buggedout                     Buggedout                                Buggedout

I nearly threw up right there.  I put the uneaten "croquettes" back and didn't eat another thing for about 2 days. *lol*

Lesson learned is:  don't assume what foods are, even in a posh hotel breakfast buffet.  ALWAYS ask if you're not sure.  But that was the grossest thing I'd ever eaten. 

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 09:50:21 PM »

Fried snake sounds like it COULD be quite nice. I'd have to look at it first though.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 10:16:11 PM »

Fried snake sounds like it COULD be quite nice. I'd have to look at it first though.

It is...it's about like eating fish.

We were in the woods, and my friend killed a copperhead lying next to the trail.  Battered her in some cornmeal we just "happened to have," and voila, LUNCH.

Actually, I liked THAT better than the one time I had frog legs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What Would You Eat for $1000? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.