Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:07:24 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Administration  |  Announcements  |  February 2008 DVD Giveaway « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: February 2008 DVD Giveaway  (Read 71558 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 07, 2008, 11:50:36 AM »

It's "Bring a friend to Badmovies.org" month, and I am giving away two free copies of the "Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2" DVD set!

http://www.badmovies.org/sideshows/contests/contest_200802.html

Introduce a friend to Badmovies.org by telling them about it, emailing them, or showing them the site (no spamming please - only people that you think might enjoy the site).  You can also submit a review to Digg or StumbleUpon via the links at the bottom of the review, in the extras section.  Then, post in this forum thread.

If you want, tell me how you shared the site, such as "I Stumbled the 'Monster that Challenged the World' review, because I like snails." or "I emailed the site to a friend who loves bad horror movies.".  If you are not a regular forum poster, make sure the email address you provide is a valid one.  I need to be able to contact you via it if you win!

Guests without forum accounts:  if you are worried about spambots, you can register and make your email hidden from public view, or feel free to put the obfuscated email address in the body of your post, like this (or some other way that I can figure it out):

andrew (at) badmovies.org (dot) org.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:35:29 PM »

I invited my old friend Bill "Classic" Camp (who I've known from IMDB, Scifilm and Wormwood Chronicles) over here. Think he'd fit right in. Know he has a great love for the B-movie classics.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »

I got 2 guys to get acounts on here a while back, but they never log on. Well, Black Hat Pat did ONCE, but thats it.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:14:25 PM »

i showed the site to 2 friends who are writing novels,so they could read the movie script,neither has registered yet,i think,but i will remind them!
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 12:32:12 AM »

I just gave a nice writeup on my blog about the ol' site here, and since I get maybe 12 readers tops - hey, that's 12 more visitors you'll get!

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »

Thanks all, I knew that the DVD giveaway would not be as "efficient" as running Google Adwords, but it certainly is receiving less of a response that I thought it would.  Right now we have three or four people in for two DVDs.

GreatWhiteDope, that article is amazingly kind.  Thank you very much.

I got 2 guys to get acounts on here a while back, but they never log on. Well, Black Hat Pat did ONCE, but thats it.

During this month or do you mean about a year ago?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »

Thanks all, I knew that the DVD giveaway would not be as "efficient" as running Google Adwords, but it certainly is receiving less of a response that I thought it would.  Right now we have three or four people in for two DVDs.

GreatWhiteDope, that article is amazingly kind.  Thank you very much.

During this month or do you mean about a year ago?

Both of them got acounts in 2007. I know that probobly doesnt count.

(edit) I take that back. Blackhatpat Got an acount here in December of 2006, and I tried to get another guy on here, but he told me he never got his comfirmation e-mail, so really I only got 1 guy on here, and that was over a year ago.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:50:27 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
316zombie
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 05:32:04 PM »

i'm SOOO confused...do i need to provide their account names?
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 06:04:20 PM »

i'm SOOO confused...do i need to provide their account names?

Not at all.  The friend you bring does not have to register on the forum at all.  I'm just asking everyone who enters to please introduce someone to the site during February - be it in person, by sending them an email, or stumbling/digging a review.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 03:32:51 PM »

With so few responses, I'm starting to like my chances.  So I "digg"ed (Dugg?) the "Sextette" review.  My review of the review:

"Funny review of the most disturbing horror film of all time.  Octogenarian Mae West honeymoons with thirty-something Timothy Dalton, and you could cut the sexual tension with a knife.  And, it's a musical!  Disturbing, morbidly fascinating stuff.   Includes horrifying video clip of Tim singing 'Love Will Keep Us Together' to Mae."

Hope it brings you some traffic.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 03:44:21 PM »

ah,okay! my friend yan really likes the site,but she's an artist,been busy painting,getting ready for the spring season of art shows....
Baltech
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »

I told my friend Matt about this site. He says he hates all the bad movies i show him but i know deep down inside he loves them.
316zombie
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 05:31:13 PM »

i agree,baltech! if he didn't he'd leave,right? Cheers
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »

Ah HA!! good point!!

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Karina
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 01:58:42 PM »

I invited Daniela to stop by and check out the site.-- I'd like to get into the drawing please. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Administration  |  Announcements  |  February 2008 DVD Giveaway « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.