Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:19:56 PM
714371 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's Your Social Life Like? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: What's Your Social Life Like?  (Read 36964 times)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2008, 07:40:23 PM »

Whoa Ash, who'd you p**s off?! I karma-ed you back and you were at 151, now I come back two hours later and you're at 149! What'd I miss? Question

He's been peeing in the sink again.

(At least that would be my suspicion.)

Oh, that's frowned upon around here?! Sorry. :::shakes off, zips up, and walks away whistling:::  Lookingup

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2008, 07:51:36 PM »

Wow!!!   Buggedout

When I started this thread, I was just feeling sorry for myself because it was Friday afternoon and I had no date or outing to look forward to on the weekend.

But I can see I'm not the only one in this boat.  Thanks to everyone for sharing their lives with me.  I see now that I'm quite the norm amongst humans.  I really thought everyone else was having a much better, happier, more social life than me, but that's not the case.  But I guess it's easy to think that when you don't see anything but your own life.

Dennis, thanks for the personal note.  That was a funny story you told.  It made me laugh out loud which turned few heads here in the office.   Smile

I was thinking about my lack of socialness and I realised it was because, whilst I have no real issues about myself, I do need to lose about 15lbs and that makes me feel awkward about myself and hence not inclined to "put myself out there".

After I lose my weight, I probably still won't get out heaps, but it will make me feel better and when I'm relaxed, things seem easier and not so dire.  I did go grocery shopping on Saturday and I got heaps of value for my dollar so that was pretty good.

And the heat and humidity have settled down a little now and I always feel better when it's cooler.  So I got a lot more knitting done which made me happy.  And after much thought about my prior mistakes with men (I always pick ones who are emotionally unavailable and then try to get them to love me   Lookingup  ), I realise I'd rather be alone that with a guy who makes me miserable.

Thanks to everyone here for making me feel just a little more connected to the world and a little less alien.  You guys are awesome    Cheers

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2008, 08:34:41 PM »

Hehe Anubis!
Karma!   Thumbup

Whoa Ash, who'd you p**s off?! I karma-ed you back and you were at 151, now I come back two hours later and you're at 149! What'd I miss? Question

I just gave him a plus....Ash is very honest and plain spoken... -if I was to give a negative to someone...I'd have let them know it. Kinda sneaky,I'd say.

I think there is a karma vampire on the board this weekend . . . I've lost 3 points this weekend, and to my knowledge I haven't ticked anyone off - at least, no one has disagreed with a post I've made. 

On the bright side, I just posted a piece of original poetry on another thread.  Maybe someone will like it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2008, 08:55:47 PM »

I'm giving ASH karma also, because of his heartfelt comments.  I'd hate to think someone would knock anyone for sincere revelation.  All of the comments in this thread make me feel very fortunate, and yet, I sometimes feel lonely or unappreciated too.  Karma is not important at all, but y'know what?  I'm going through the whole thread right now and giving every participant karma!   Smile  (If you got no more points it's because I already karma'd you today...!) 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 08:59:56 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2008, 11:51:46 PM »

And Karma to you, sir, for your generous spirit!!!!!!!!!!!

My social life took a hit today - I was unable to go to church because my 13 year old twin daughters each threw up their entire body weight last night and this morning, and Patty and I spent most of the day either catching up on our interrupted rest or cleaning up slightly used Sprite . . . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 12:03:28 AM »

I would think that on THIS board, that would get him positive karma... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 12:10:35 AM »

I would think that on THIS board, that would get him positive karma... 

Only if he could do it at a distance of 10 feet or greater without spilling any.   TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
dean

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 03:56:39 AM »

Wowzers, I didn't keep much track of this one and then bam, four pages of posts.

It's really interesting hearing the more personal sides of some of the posters here.  I remember thinking not too long ago how mellow and mature Ash seems compared to his "Ashthecat" days, in which he was a bit sporadic and pretty 'out there' on occasion, but then of course he also came up with some whopper topics too during that time [and thus the toilet paper legend was born].

It's funny, I always classed myself [and was classed] as an introvert who all through high school had only a few friends, and had trouble talking to anyone who wasn't in my immediate circle. I remember watching 'The Big Hit' years ago and laughing to myself about how Mark Wahlberg's character, whose one fault was that he couldn't stand people not liking him, could really apply to me.

I found that it was hard talking to people because I was too afraid to get it wrong, which of course inevitably happened because I was too worried.  Ahh what a cycle!

Then gradually I came to know more and more people, and became more and more relaxed, stopped worrying about what other people thought [helped by taking a part time job as a basketball referee, so I HAD to take my fair share of BS and learn to deal with it]  and then had the benefit of surrounding myself with an incredible group of people who shared varied interests, but were all easy-going and welcoming, even if you were different than the norm.  And this begat more people until it seems at times that there's an out of control social monster on hand.

I had a bit of a setback about 2 years ago when I got booted by my then-girlfriend who I had gone out with intensely for 2 1/2 years.  That put me back into a bit of a hole, but gradually I got over it and started just enjoying myself, doing things I liked doing and didn't give myself any agenda of 'I need to go pick up' or what-have-you and found a lovely lass who is amazing.  RCM is right, once you stop straining yourself to find it, you find that alot of things fall into place.  I guess I've just tried to learn from every bad/good experience and improve in little ways over a long period of time, and I have plenty of time left to continue to do so!  Having a strong support base helped immensely though...

I have a heap of friends, but that's because they're all too amazing to give up, though a select few are like family to me.  But I know that this will tail off since I'm still a young-fella, and people will start settling down, working more and it being harder to meet up with etc. The downside is at the moment I have next to no time for myself [or money to go with it] and still part of me just can't say no to people who want to go out/watch movies etc, so I've still got to learn to curb that a bit, but on the whole, I'm having a ball and am pretty happy about where I'm at, so that be a plus!

Oh and whilst I don't necessarily talk to most or all of you directly, I consider the ritual of coming here and making little 'Well I think that...' comments are part of my social life, especially given what a like-minded [for the most part  Wink ] bunch you all are.  Like Trevor said in another thread, if anyone's around my way, look me up, though I probably won't give you a hug, but more a slap on the back and a tour of the city... but still you get the idea...  I really should invest into getting a new mike for my computer, and reinstall skype, but I worry that in doing so will reveal you are all conversation bots and I'm part of some sick experiment...  Buggedout

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2008, 07:07:15 AM »

Good question.
I went to bed early last night and was at 150 karma.
Then I come back here and see that you mentioned someone had knocked me down a couple points.
Weird.   Question
I never wrote anything to make anyone mad.
Maybe my "pee in the sink" post grossed a couple people out.
Indiana's probably right.  I think we do have a karma vampire here.
Thanks for the karma guys!

By the way, I don't usually pee in the bathroom sink and when I did, it was only 4 or 5 times. 
I did it because my old roommates were by far the worst I've ever had.
They were boyfriend and girlfriend and would team up on me.  They complained every single day about stupid stuff...seemingly to make my life miserable.  Their relationship wasn't the greatest and I think they took out a lot of their frustrations on me.
So I peed in their sink!   TeddyR

Thankfully, I moved out after only 6 months.  I just couldn't take their crap anymore.
To my best recollection, I've never peed in a sink since.   Wink
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2008, 08:52:37 AM »

Social life?  What's that?

Sadly my social life is almost non-existent at this point.  My wife, daughter and myself moved to a new area back in Nov and my social life has disappeared since then.  We've made a few "friends" since moving down here but I would classify them as more acquaintances than anything.

Today is my last day at my current job which I've been with for about 5 years now.  Tomorrow I'll be starting a new job as an emergency dispatcher for the county that we currently live in.  I'm hoping that getting out and working somewhere else than my apartment will give me the chance to meet some new people.

Online social life has been doing considerably better than in RL.  I'm currently a leader and co-founder of a highly popular Day Of Defeat: Source clan.  I'm usually on that game server, trying to keep things running well; which would explain my lack of time spent on this board as of late.  I've met a lot of very cool people while doing so.   

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »

'I have a great collection of slasher flicks' isn't the best line to pick up a guy.

Ya sure about that? :)
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »

'I have a great collection of slasher flicks' isn't the best line to pick up a guy.

Ya sure about that? :)

Well, I'm sure i could have worse qualitites...lol

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2008, 05:26:24 PM »

Well I was never much of an ongoing person. Always preferred a more quiet existence. Luckily for me, I've found a girl who pretty much likes a lot of the same things and also has little use for the drug and boozing party scene. Being a straight-edge fellow, I've never been attracted to that scene not to say I tell anyone else how to live their lives because I don't. I do like to go to an occassional dance or get-together but I don't care if its months apart. I'm quite happy right now with my friends online and the handful I know locally and a girl who's very understanding about what makes me tick.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
akiratubo

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2008, 06:09:48 PM »

Try that line on me sometime.  Wink

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »

Well, that was my reason.

Good question.
I went to bed early last night and was at 150 karma.
Then I come back here and see that you mentioned someone had knocked me down a couple points.
Weird.   Question
I never wrote anything to make anyone mad.
Maybe my "pee in the sink" post grossed a couple people out.
Indiana's probably right.  I think we do have a karma vampire here.
Thanks for the karma guys!

By the way, I don't usually pee in the bathroom sink and when I did, it was only 4 or 5 times. 
I did it because my old roommates were by far the worst I've ever had.
They were boyfriend and girlfriend and would team up on me.  They complained every single day about stupid stuff...seemingly to make my life miserable.  Their relationship wasn't the greatest and I think they took out a lot of their frustrations on me.
So I peed in their sink!   TeddyR

Thankfully, I moved out after only 6 months.  I just couldn't take their crap anymore.
To my best recollection, I've never peed in a sink since.   Wink

Okay, you put up a good defense so I'm giving you back a karma point that I will admit I took away, after hearing your defense I cannot say that I wouldn't do the same thing.  In fact, I might've farted on their pillow if they were REALLY annoying. BounceGiggle

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's Your Social Life Like? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.