Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:41:09 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's Your Social Life Like? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: What's Your Social Life Like?  (Read 36485 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »

"Say - would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?"        TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »

My social life is alright, I guess.

Normally I prefer not to go out; I'd rather stay home and watch movies or play video games. However, I have four roommates, so that is not often a solitary pursuit. I have a rather broad web of acquaintances, but very few close friends. I'm pretty bad at keeping in touch with people, so often I don't see people for long stretches of time.

Online, most of the people I know are due to this very board. As Ash said, I've talked to him a couple of times over Xbox Live; while others have crossed over into my Netflix and MySpace pages, like Skaboi. So I've met more people through Badmovies.org.

I'm not really sociable, and I don't particularly care for people in general, but I'm easy to get along with and too polite to be an outright ass, so that's made me a good amount of friends. For somebody who for the most part wants to be left alone, I end up doing a rather lot. Oh well.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2008, 09:30:01 PM »

You keep your stink palm away from me!  Buggedout

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
dean

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2008, 05:00:50 AM »

Well I was never much of an ongoing person. Always preferred a more quiet existence. Luckily for me, I've found a girl who pretty much likes a lot of the same things and also has little use for the drug and boozing party scene. Being a straight-edge fellow, I've never been attracted to that scene not to say I tell anyone else how to live their lives because I don't. I do like to go to an occassional dance or get-together but I don't care if its months apart. I'm quite happy right now with my friends online and the handful I know locally and a girl who's very understanding about what makes me tick.

Yeah I'm fairly straight laced and don't usually hit the booze since I usually drive everywhere, and there's them pesky breathalisers on the road ready to make you lose a license if you're over the limit.  But then again, I'm not against the idea for others, and a friend recently said I'm good with and blend in well with drunk people/stoned folk.  Still not sure if this was a compliment or an insult!  TeddyR

Well I was never much of an ongoing person.

For some reason the wording of this phrase struck me as really hilarious. Unintentionally so, sure, but funny all the same.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2008, 12:38:38 PM »

I'm not really sociable, and I don't particularly care for people in general, but I'm easy to get along with and too polite to be an outright ass,

LOL, karma for that  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BTM

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »

Neverending.  I am blessed with many friends, and it seems we are always up to something. 

Don't take this the wrong way but... I really hate you right now.

(Or maybe it's envy, dunno...)

But, hey, I'll get over it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:25:42 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »

What's Your Social Life Like?

Wine, women, song! Rinse and repeat.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2008, 04:17:12 PM »

Neverending.  I am blessed with many friends, and it seems we are always up to something. 
Don't take this the wrong but... I really hate you right now. (Or maybe it's envy, dunno...)
But, hey, I'll get over it.
Nanny nanny poopoo stick yer head in doodoo...  TongueOut Twirling TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2008, 07:30:57 PM »

You keep your stink palm away from me!  Buggedout

Karma to you for recognising the line!   Thumbup

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »

And a karma for you madam for quoting my first (and favorite) Kevin Smith movie.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »

And that concludes the weekly meeting of Backslappers Inc.   TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »

I gotta say, I finally have been getting out more recently.  Usually I was just content to come home from work, watch the tube and that was it.  Weekends, I'd just veg out, get a six pack or two and chill. 

Now that I've been working a more flexible schedule, I'm actually able to go to clubs and bars, bowling, etc.  Got a new job with some cool people.  Usually Saturday I hit a bar or two with a friend of mine from elementary school, and we usually run into some girls we know and hang with them for a bit, then go to another bar.  A lot more fun than watching Cheaters for the millionth time.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
voltron

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »

Social life? What the hell is that?
My best friend lives on the other side of the country....all I have right now is my family, I don't go out, I used to hit the bars a lot, but I got sick of it. I'm not working right now, I'm single....to paraphrase Frank Zappa, "I don't need friends, all I need is cigarettes and coffee".

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2008, 01:47:42 AM »

Socializing to me is like exercise.  It's something I do regularly, not because I want to, but because I know it's good for me.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2008, 12:31:44 PM »

Socializing to me is like exercise.  It's something I do regularly, not because I enjoy it, but because I know it's good for me.
Amen to that reverend! While I don't have any actual proof that it's good for me, I'd like to think it keeps me almost human.. I more than once have felt the obligation to attend a party or whatever, just because I get the feeling that's what you should do, at least once a year as a student in his early twenties... Instead of sitting alone in the dark watching movies made thirty years before you were born!
Back to the thread topic: I just wanna' give a big 'thank you' to Killer Bees and everybody who put their own personal lives out there in this thread! It was a very interesting read and the timing, for me, was impeccable.  Thumbup

Although I consider my social life only at the brink of non-excisting (I mean zero..), yesterday I was infact, having rather grim thoughts about existence(no NOT the movie..., that's excellent!) AND for the first time in years I was..crying, yes you read it right, crying my eyes out thinking "I am the only one without a social life[Killer Bees], I am the only one who doesn't like shallow chatting with acquaintances[TheDarkSider], I am the only one who has chosen not to have any contact with my father because of things he's done to the family[Ash] and finally I am the only one who's depressed[You know who you are..](Cause of the depression, not usually in the mood to actually post something myself, although I'm a regular visitor and now an even greater fan of this wonderfull place that feels like *dare I say* home).... I was very pleased to come to the conclusion that:
I WAS WRONG!  TeddyR (Happy - but not in a gloating way of course..) TeddyR Thank you!!!

I digress, back to the topic, again:
My social life... As many posters have described before, I too have only some "acquaintances" i.e from my university program, which I'm in right now, and from my old kung-fu class.. which I actually do meet sometimes(months between such occasions). AND I have a wonderfull girlfriend, since seven years back, who respects my interest in the obscure cinema to the degree that I can enjoy it without too much complaint - sometimes I even get a snicker from her when describing the preposterous plot of my latest cinematic booty! So in that way I am really lucky!(BTM is going to get me now.. Lookingup)She really is my best friend and the saving grace of this thing called life... Smile My other(note: only two) real friend, is my brother but he lives half a country away, so I only see him three times a year, tops..
BUT, and this is a big one: Although my girlfriend respects my interests, and I sometimes actually meet some other people.. There is absolutely nobody whom I talk to about some of the stuff that really interests me - like b-movies, movies, video games, comics etc.. I've spent the last three years in school only engaging in light conversation with my fellow students, who couldn't be more different than me, and besides them I hardly ever meet nobody and never anyone who really cares about this sort of stuff...
This was/is a big part of the reason for me feeling a bit drained and down. So I guess the point I'm trying to make is, I don't have a social life and even if I had one it wouldn't be with somebody like me..
But thankfully there is such a thing as the internet! So, once again, thanks guys you made my day....!  Smile Thumbup Smile

"...and there was much rejoicing!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's Your Social Life Like? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.