Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:58:18 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's Your Social Life Like? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: What's Your Social Life Like?  (Read 36480 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2008, 09:54:16 PM »

You're welcome, Dr M   Thumbup

I was depressed this last year because I split up with my boyfriend, so I retreated into my shell to nurse my hurts, as most people would do.

After a year of being sad and depressed, my sister took me to this spiritual healer.  He really fixed me up and got rid of the old patterns I was hanging onto.  Mainly the ones that kept me going back to unsuitable guys and then wondering what happened when the relationship died.

But the healing had an unexpected side effect.  I used to be generous and patient and endlessly giving to people who didn't give back, but that didn't worry me.  But now I realise that I'm tired of being dumped on and sucked of all my generosity and niceness and I refuse to attract selfish soul suckers into my life.

So now instead of being at peace, I"m just angry at the world at how many selfish self absorbed bastards there are out there, men and women.  I now have a "fsck you" attitude to everyone which I guess is pretty non-conducive to a social life  *lol*

But seriously, I don't care.  Hence, me coming to this board and finding like minded individuals who don't actually want anything from me.  It's nice to be amongst people who don't care if I don't contact them for ages, but are happy to see me if I show up.  It's nice to be amongst people who think and act like I do and see nothing wrong with it (because there's not).  It's also nice to be amongst bright people with similar interests who make me laugh and who can give me intelligent logical counter arguments to my opinion without feeling emasculated or belittled when I don't agree with them.

You guys are awesome.   Thumbup

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2008, 09:59:47 PM »

Hence, me coming to this board and finding like minded individuals who don't actually want anything from me. 

Oh, then this may not be a good time to ask you if I can have $20 for a Korean import DVD of the Burt Lancaster Phantom of the Opera. I don't intend to pay it back, hence why I said "have" instead of "borrow".  TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2008, 10:27:29 PM »

Hence, me coming to this board and finding like minded individuals who don't actually want anything from me. 

Oh, then this may not be a good time to ask you if I can have $20 for a Korean import DVD of the Burt Lancaster Phantom of the Opera. I don't intend to pay it back, hence why I said "have" instead of "borrow".  TongueOut

Cheque's in the mail, dude   TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2008, 10:28:32 PM »

I have one really good friend that I trust, a handful of acquaintances from my last job and various family members that I spend a lot of time with. I don't go out every night, but I still have fun often. I could have more friends, but I don't want any. I have a ton of free time on my hands and I like it that way. I would rather stay at home and watch movies than go out and party. I hate parties. I hate crowds. I'm content with my social life.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2008, 10:44:07 PM »

I was thinking of taking up rag rug making.  It will supplement my creative side and it will give me something different to do other than knitting all the time.

I borrowed a book from the library on the subject and it looks pretty easy.  So this weekend, I'll be trying out my first rug.

Yeah, I know, I'm such a social whirlwind  *lol*

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »

I was thinking of taking up rag rug making.  It will supplement my creative side and it will give me something different to do other than knitting all the time.

I borrowed a book from the library on the subject and it looks pretty easy.  So this weekend, I'll be trying out my first rug.

TeddyR you're funny!   (Note to self: I'm starting to sound like Ralph Wiggum...)

Well I guess I don't have the urge for a large friend base either, but I still think it would be nice to have someone to share interests with IRL. I've never even seen another b-movie admirer in person...! (I come from the iciest and most deserted part of Sweden, close to were they shot "Terror in The Midnight Sun" Drink)
What do you think about it Killer Bees, any experience? Isn't there something that is just, that much more fun, when you're actually with a person?(still talking b-movie interest sharing..  TongueOut )   

PS: I felt even better today as I got the Fly(1986/2disc) & the Addams Family I & II (double feature) in the mail.. Smile but that's another thread.

"...and there was much rejoicing!"
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2008, 08:29:32 PM »

TeddyR you're funny!   (Note to self: I'm starting to sound like Ralph Wiggum...)

Well I guess I don't have the urge for a large friend base either, but I still think it would be nice to have someone to share interests with IRL. I've never even seen another b-movie admirer in person...! (I come from the iciest and most deserted part of Sweden, close to were they shot "Terror in The Midnight Sun" Drink)
What do you think about it Killer Bees, any experience? Isn't there something that is just, that much more fun, when you're actually with a person?(still talking b-movie interest sharing..  TongueOut )   

PS: I felt even better today as I got the Fly(1986/2disc) & the Addams Family I & II (double feature) in the mail.. Smile but that's another thread.

Actually most of my pursuits are solitary ones.  But I think things like playing board games, bowling, having a drink at the pub is always better with one or more.

There is a board game called "Balderdash" that's completely hilarious the more people you play with.  It's all about very obscure, but real words and everyone has to come up with a meaning.  You're assigned points based on how many people voted for your answer and the ultimate is to actually get the answer right.

I played with my exhusband and his family years ago.  They were the most frightful nerds, but nice bright people and I can't remember laughing so hard in a group.

Unfortunately our culture is based on eating and drinking booze and sport. Dining out regularly is expensive and I have quite a strict diet anyway.  Plus the Snobby Cuisine Victims really get up my nose.  Booze is an occasional thing for me and not a volume contest like with some people and I really loathe sport.  So that kind of leaves me nowhere.

I'd enjoy a book discussion group, but only books that I like and not some random  crap that they'd assign.  God save me from the Oprah Book Club nuts! Buggedout

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47:44 PM »

Actually most of my pursuits are solitary ones.

Have you ever considered singlehanded sailing?  It's great!!  Peaceful, meditative, in touch with nature, etc.  Like single hiking/camping, which are good, too.  While I absolutely love doing these with my family, doing them alone is great, too, in its own way.  My wife told me this weekend that she is actually on board with my "proposed" singlehanded trip from the SC coast to Bermuda (maybe next summer).  Twelve days round trip sailing time, with some lay-over in Bermuda for sight-seeing/rest.  Now I gotta get the boat ready....

There is a board game called "Balderdash" that's completely hilarious the more people you play with.  It's all about very obscure, but real words and everyone has to come up with a meaning.  You're assigned points based on how many people voted for your answer and the ultimate is to actually get the answer right.

I played with my exhusband and his family years ago.  They were the most frightful nerds, but nice bright people and I can't remember laughing so hard in a group.

I've never played "Balderdash," but we have played "Apples to Apples."  The first time we played that, I laughed probably harder than I ever had in my life.  It is a very fun game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2008, 10:56:42 PM »

Ulthar

Single handed sailing sounds like fun.  I've only been sailing once, on Sydney Harbour with friends and I had a ball.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Zoolook the Mudkip
New Visitor

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2008, 12:32:25 AM »

My social life is awesome. Everyone loves me because I'm just that amazing
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2008, 04:48:11 PM »

Wow this thread took off while I was gone.

I've played "Apples to Apples", it is fun with the right mix of people.

I can relate to going out being like exercise, but it has gotten easier lately. Just wish my schedule was more in sync with that core group of close friends I have (small as it is). The group of acquaintances has been growing but that is still more work than it should be.

The speed dating went pretty well, I'd do it again, if only for the forced socialization. Even when I didn't connect with some of the women I managed to feel comfortable and be more out going. I had one match (the ego and the hormones would have liked a few more), she and I have been out a few times and we enjoy our time together. I like her, she really likes me, I had kind of forgotten what it felt like to be in that situation. It's a good beginning for sure and we're having fun. She wants to show me off to the friends soon, I'm planning to do the same soon also.

Ash, don't entirely rule out women who are divorced, this girl is. It was a few years ago, and she seems to have moved past it, but I'll find out more as time goes on. Women with kids is a different and more complicated situation, I can understand why some won't go down that road (I will but under the right conditions). But one thing I tell myself and others is everyone has a past before you met them. Yeah, there are plenty of psychos and people are who are more trouble than they are worth, but there are also some great women who have had ups and downs in their lives also.

I won't hide my depression from people, but it's not the first thing I talk about either. It affected several years of my life, and I still have to watch out for it, so it is a factor in my life, but I'd hope a great woman wouldn't rule me out because of it. It is a part of my life that I can't change, although it is something I can work on in the present       

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2008, 05:41:50 PM »

Neighborhood Pot luck here in my house tonight!  Seems like I've been washing floors and moving furniture and finding mountains of dust for weeks...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2008, 11:36:57 PM »

Pledge Drive & Open house at WRIR next week.
Lots of meetings, lots of meetings canceled, lots of people trying to contact each other about getting food & swag but they keep missing each other because they're too busy running around town looking for food & swag...

I sure hope the t-shirts aren't some effeminate pastel again.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's Your Social Life Like? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.