Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:19:13 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Slither « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slither  (Read 29130 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 09, 2008, 09:25:24 AM »

Girls:  if you are looking for love, avoid the guy with two alien goo-injecting tentacles sprouting from his chest.  That relationship never turns out good.  Otherwise, happy Valentine's Day!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
TheMark
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 11:37:02 AM »

Take a close look at the meat puppets (particularly the mpeg Andrew posted), now take a close look at the Slayers from the movie Krull and what happens when they die. The meteorite was clearly sent by the Beast.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:22:16 PM »

Maybe a 50" big screen TV would have solved the Grants' sexual problems. According to one poll taken in the U.K. 50% of all British men would give up sex for a 50" big screen TV. It couldn't hurt.
BTM

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »

>Unfortunately, mom had this rule about me and open flames that spoiled many of my proposed experiments.

HAHA!  Didn't they all?  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Don
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »

Nothing natural is ever that complicated.

Actually, there are a number of terrestrial parasite species which have ridiculously convoluted life cycles involving lots of very specific and unlikely circumstances.

I don't think any of them involve space travel, though.
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:35:32 PM »

Saw this in the theater during it's initial run.

While I think that the 2nd half pales somewhat to the 1st half, the movie is still a great time to be had. It kind of reminded me of Night of the Creeps in terms of the plot at times but it still manages to be it's own entity.

Oh yeah, and Elizabeth Banks is one gorgeous woman! 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 12:36:28 PM »

Actually, there are a number of terrestrial parasite species which have ridiculously convoluted life cycles involving lots of very specific and unlikely circumstances.

And many of those do something that compels the host to help the parasite complete it's life cycle, like the fungus that kill insects or the one worm that infects grasshoppers.  Good point.  The Slither life cycle is insanely complicated, even compared to those.

While I think that the 2nd half pales somewhat to the 1st half, the movie is still a great time to be had. It kind of reminded me of Night of the Creeps in terms of the plot at times but it still manages to be it's own entity.

Oh yeah, and Elizabeth Banks is one gorgeous woman! 

Banks doesn't really do it for me as a sex symbol, but I think she was very good in her part.  I will speak up for the movie's second half, because it includes the fiendishly out of place use of "Every Woman in the World" and also several funny lines.  My favorite is the one exchange between Bill and Kylie.

Maybe a 50" big screen TV would have solved the Grants' sexual problems. According to one poll taken in the U.K. 50% of all British men would give up sex for a 50" big screen TV. It couldn't hurt.

Ah, but Grant Grant is a sugar daddy.  He already has the big TV.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
jose
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 04:58:17 AM »

i would like to know wich one is the name from the song the goes girl you everything in this world to me.
JC
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 03:09:17 AM »

Hey!

What about Mayor MacReady's ode to Mr. Pibb! It's the "only coke I like"!!!

Apparently ithas the power to help soothe the average redneck when slutty women explode like a water balloon, or when worms drive your friends around like they're goddamn skin-cars, and even when people are spitting acid at you, turning you into cottage cheese; at least you can take solace in knowing that you have f**king goddamn Mr. Pibb!!!!

God bless you Mayor...and especially Mr. Pibb  Cheers
Leviathan
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 06:01:16 PM »

I just love it when the squid/fungus/blob guy whacks the grenade out of Barney's hand.
Guy
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »

Did anyone else have the "Change starts with a GIRL" banner at the bottom of this review? Google's really gotta do something about their ad placement...
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 10:16:50 AM »

Did anyone else have the "Change starts with a GIRL" banner at the bottom of this review? Google's really gotta do something about their ad placement...

That is awesomely funny.  I checked a few times to see if it would come up for me, but no such luck.  However, I have seen some very inappropriate ads display on some of the reviews.  Considering what I review, and how the articles lean toward free-association writing, I guess that it is no surprise weird ads appear.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BTM

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »

That is awesomely funny.  I checked a few times to see if it would come up for me, but no such luck.  However, I have seen some very inappropriate ads display on some of the reviews.  Considering what I review, and how the articles lean toward free-association writing, I guess that it is no surprise weird ads appear.

Hehe... heard of that happening at other review sites, like for example, a review of House of Wax that focused on Paris Hilton's character being killed there was a random ad for candle making supplies.  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Beefcurtanz
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2023, 12:27:07 PM »

Great movie, tons of fun! My wife watched this with me because of Elizabeth Banks (her real life husband is a schlub). The effects are excellent, very well paced.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Slither « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.