Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:49:37 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Wanna Shoot At This Gun Range! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Wanna Shoot At This Gun Range!  (Read 4684 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: February 10, 2008, 02:05:06 PM »

As far as I know, fully automatic weapons are illegal in my state.
Shooting .22's and 12 gauge shotguns gets old.

I wanna shoot at this gun range.   Thumbup
Listen to that racket!
Check out those guns!
Small | Large

How about you?
Do you shoot?
Got any gun stories?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:08:44 PM by Ash » Logged
BTM

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »

You know, I don't own a gun, but I've always wondered what it'd be like to shoot one.  Be cool if I could stop by a range or something and borrow a gun or something.  I mean, I don't think I'd be able to afford one for a long while.

Besides, I mainly shoot one to add to my "story writing" experiences.  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »

Do I own a gun at the moment?

Nope, aside from a small cache of airsoft and paintball guns.

Do I enjoy firing guns?

Hell yeah!

I'm a serious gun nut.  I love shooting ranges, even though I don't own a weapon.  Most ranges you go to will allow you to "rent" a gun for the duration and that's normally what I will do.  Where I live now, we have a huge indoor range.  It's a blast. 

As for automatic weapons, I believe that they are legal in most states as long as you have a permit to own one.  I know a lot of ranges I have been to allow you to "rent" one of their automatics. 

I'm a fan of WWII weapons.  I'd love to get a hold of an M-1 Carbine, Thompson, BAR, MP40, STG44, K98 or a Springfield.  You can find M-1s for sale as surplus but they go for around 800-1000 bucks.  Way too rich for my tastes.

As for weapon stories, here is one that I recently posted on another website:

First time I ever shot a pistol was in high school. I was about 15 or so at the time and was taking an "agriculture" class. Basically it was a bullsh** class just to get an A. Anyway, part of the class was firearms training. We had a small shooting range at the school, back in the woods, behind the football field. We shot rifles, and shotguns.

The high school had an on duty police officer who was there everyday to break up fights and generally look menacing. He was on the shooting range with us to make sure none of us went "Columbine" with one of the weapons.

He always wore a Glock 17, fully loaded, at all times. He whipped it out and asked if anyone wanted to give it a try. I volunteered to go first. None of us had ever shot a pistol. I grew up in a "redneck" area so we were all used to shotguns and rifles, just not handguns.

Handguns are damn heavy. I never realized just how heavy until I held that Glock for the first time. The other thing I noticed, other than the weight, was just how tight the trigger was. It took much more force to pull a pistol's trigger than that of a rifle/shotty.

Out of 10 shots aimed at the head of our paper target, I got 5. I was shooting as any beginner does, with a rigid arm. I've found over the years to not lock your elbow. Let the gun sway just a bit and you'll hit much more.

Now with a similar gun, I can get about 8 out of 10 shots with a pistol.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:54:32 PM »

I've been shooting and hunting all of my life. My Dad was a firearms dealer, so I've shot/bought/sold just about everything out there, good and bad. We were one of the first dealers to bring fine Czech arms to the US, and gave enthusiasts access to these in the early/mid '80s. I prefer to hunt with open sighted handguns, as it tests your patience, stamina, and stalking abilities. !5 years ago, I got my girl friend (now wife) a .357 for Valentines Day and taught her how to shoot it effectively (She had been kidnapped 4 years previously). Thursday, she will be getting another one (She picked out the one that she wanted). As far as stories go, well I've got so many that I can't think of one right now!
odinn7

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »

I love guns. I've got quite a collection of them right now...not huge but quite a few. I just added 2 more a few weeks ago.
I am a member of an indoor gun range here and there are public outdoor ranges all over. I know that there is one range about an hour from here that will allow you to rent all sorts of weapons to use there (overseen by someone in charge) but I have no need to pay someone to use their gun.

Here is some of what I have:

My newest one...Taurus Model 66 .357 Magnum

Other newest one....Walther P-22 target pistol. .22 caliber, laser sight.

assortment of our handguns (Taurus .357 magnum, Ruger Single Six .22 LR, Colt Black Powder replica in .44, 1965 Walther P-38 in 9mm, S&W .357 magnum, Magnum Research Baby Eagle in 9mm)

assortment of our long guns (Remington 12 gauge, Chinese made SKS, Ruger Mini-14)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:08:32 PM »

Out at Twenty-Nine Palms, CA they have some awesome computer controlled ranges.  Everything from pistols to machineguns.  My favorite weapon is probably the 240G medium machinegun.  On the range out there, they can run a program that pops up targets at different distances and in different order.  It's really fun.

Then you have the AT-4 range, shooting at old armored vehicles (some of the machinegun ranges have them too).

Shooting at snowmen with a M203 grenade launcher is probably one of my favorites.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »

Shooting at snowmen with a M203 grenade launcher is probably one of my favorites.

LMAO! Sweet! I bet that would be pretty fun.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Wanna Shoot At This Gun Range! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.