Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:03:42 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  FAMILY GUY VS THE SIMPSONS, A HYPOTHETICAL BATTLE « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FAMILY GUY VS THE SIMPSONS, A HYPOTHETICAL BATTLE  (Read 5776 times)
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 12, 2008, 04:14:34 AM »

Recently viewing an episode of The Family Guy got me to pondering what would happen if the characters of Peter, Lois, Chris, Meg and Stewie Griffin were matched in heated battle with, respectively Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson.

Stewie vs Maggie:  This one is a no-brainer, since Stewie is a diabolical genius-toddler plotting at every turn the demise of his mother with a host of weaponry at his disposal, and Maggie just basically sucks a binky.  I suppose if they pitched stinky diapers at one another, it might be a draw, but since Stewie is quicker and quite a bit craftier, Maggie is toast.
Advantage--Stewie

Meg vs Lisa:  This one isn't even fair, as I suspect Lisa would throw Meg out of the ring with one hand tied behind her back, despite being much younger.  She's tougher, more savvy (she's had to deal with Bart her entire life, after all), and she can blow a mean saxophone.
Advantage-Lisa

Chris vs Bart:  A tough call, this one.  While Chris is stupid, he is much larger than Bart and poses a physical threat.  Bart, on the other hand, is pretty squirrelly and sharp-witted by comparison, and could trip Chis up in a scuffle; unless of course said trip topples Chris on top of his adversary, in which case Bart is history.
Advantage--Bart, as long as he moves out of the way

Lois vs Marge:  Ah, a true match-up.  Both are scrappers and have had to come to the defense of their mates; they both have been in physical challenges and have proven their mettle.  Both are the real brains of their respective broods and can out-think their husbands in the blink of an eye.  I think Marge gets the edge, however, because I suspect she can snap that Bride-of-Frankenstein beehive around like a bullwhip if she had to, and you never know what she might be concealing up there.
Advantage--Marge

Peter vs Homer:  The main event, the Thrilla in Quahog, the Springfield Slugfest.  Both are dolts, though Peter less so.  Bulkwise, they are evenly matched.  Peter has less morals than Homer and is more likely to cheat to defeat, but Homer is just dumb enough to take a licking and not realize he's losing.  Being brainless is to his advantage, he's too stupid to know when to quit.  If the battle went on for an exceedingly long period I give the edge to homer, especially if told that Peter had a  six-pack and a box of doughnuts strapped to his ass and was playing keep-away from Homer.
Advantage--Homer, as long as he believed the beer-and-doughnut ruse

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:38:44 PM »

I personally think Lois would win because she REALLY fights.  Watch the one where Peter becomes a feminist.

Also, you left out Homer's trick move.  Wait till they get you stuck, then shout out, "I'm a hemophiliac!"  then when they walk away in pity, get them from behind.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:03:24 PM »

I'd say Brian would take out Santa's Little Helper with ease :)
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

I'd say Brian would take out Santa's Little Helper with ease :)

I have to agree, unless Brian's been on the sauce, that could cause a problem.

Yes, salad.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »

Great topic onionhead, you could debate this for months. I think Peter vs Homer would be a tough call. Peter has after all fought and defeated the tough-as-nails Giant Chicken in several brutal slugfests. Homer on the other hand has gone hand-to-hand with the original CIA trained George Bush and once taught Bart the "secret" Simpson move, a sharp kick to the nards. It could really go either way.

Maggie vs, Stewie might not be so clear cut. Stewie is a diabolical genius, but is he an effective diabolical genius? Lois is still plenty alive. He hasn't dominated the world yet, or even Quahog. Plus he has a well documented weakness for musical theater. Maggie on the other hand shot Mr. Burns in cold blood when she was a mere infant, and once used her sharpshooting skills to shoot up the entire Springfield(and possibly Jersey) mafia, when Homer founded Springsheild to replace the police dept.
I'd like to see Homer and Peter in some kind of drunken road movie, maybe a trip to Vegas or somewhere on spring break.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »

Great topic onionhead, you could debate this for months. I think Peter vs Homer would be a tough call. Peter has after all fought and defeated the tough-as-nails Giant Chicken in several brutal slugfests. Homer on the other hand has gone hand-to-hand with the original CIA trained George Bush and once taught Bart the "secret" Simpson move, a sharp kick to the nards. It could really go either way.

Maggie vs, Stewie might not be so clear cut. Stewie is a diabolical genius, but is he an effective diabolical genius? Lois is still plenty alive. He hasn't dominated the world yet, or even Quahog. Plus he has a well documented weakness for musical theater. Maggie on the other hand shot Mr. Burns in cold blood when she was a mere infant, and once used her sharpshooting skills to shoot up the entire Springfield(and possibly Jersey) mafia, when Homer founded Springsheild to replace the police dept.
I'd like to see Homer and Peter in some kind of drunken road movie, maybe a trip to Vegas or somewhere on spring break.

Karma for you.  That would be the best movie EVER!!!

Yes, salad.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »

Didn't Maggie also repeatedly beat Homer over the head with a hammer in an episode?  Or was Homer just imagining that?  Been a while since I've seen it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »

Didn't Maggie also repeatedly beat Homer over the head with a hammer in an episode?  Or was Homer just imagining that?  Been a while since I've seen it.

Maggi hit him once, but it knocked him out.  She later shot him a couple times with a nail gun.

Yes, salad.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 09:41:14 AM »

Maggi hit him once, but it knocked him out.  She later shot him a couple times with a nail gun.
I thought she did hit him.  In that sense, I'd pick Maggie over Stewie.  She doesn't talk, but follows through on her actions.  She also led a group of babies Mission Impossible style through a nursery to get their binky's, so I'd say she's pretty smart.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 07:48:36 PM »

I thought she did hit him.  In that sense, I'd pick Maggie over Stewie.  She doesn't talk, but follows through on her actions.  She also led a group of babies Mission Impossible style through a nursery to get their binky's, so I'd say she's pretty smart.

Oh, yeah forgot about that.

Yes, salad.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 10:13:16 PM »

Looking back on it, I kinda like Maggie more now.   Buggedout

She's kinda funny.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  FAMILY GUY VS THE SIMPSONS, A HYPOTHETICAL BATTLE « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.